Metacarpal fixation hardware removal--how did it go for you or others that you know?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Metacarpal fixation hardware removal--how did it go for you or others that you know?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
I broke a 5th metacarpal last summer and had trouble getting scheduled with occupational therapy for about 2-3 weeks after the surgery. Because of this, scar tissue formed between the plate and my tendon, and I can't bend my pinky at the first buckle since the tendon is stuck in place.

My surgery for removal of the plate and cleaning up the scar tissue is scheduled for 17 January. That will be 18+ months after the initial surgery. My surgeon is very experienced and competent, so I am confident with his recommendation and skills.

I have seen multiple medical journals discouraging patients from hardware removal, but none of the journals are regarding patients who are experiencing scenarios where the scar tissue is preventing mobility.

Has anyone had this done, know of anyone who has, or works as a medical professional who can speak on the matter?

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004300
Mobile Version of Website