Trek SLASH 8 2019 upgrade to Lyrik fork

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Trek SLASH 8 2019 upgrade to Lyrik fork
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
Hi guys,

I wanna give my self a Christmas present and want to get Lyrik ultimate fork for my Trek Slash 8 2019.
Could anyone here give me an advice, on which fork offset of Lyrik I should go for and why? 42 mm offset or 51 mm offset?
How will 42 mm offset fork influence bike handling compared to 51 mm offset fork, which is on my bike now?

Thanks.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 3:08 Quote
Did your build come with the Yari? Looks like at least some did. If yours did, simply replace the Motion Control damper with an Charger 2.1 RC2 damper ($330 on world wide cyclery) and you will have a Lyrik Ultimate for a fraction of the cost. That does nothing to alter your offset though if that’s what you’re looking to accomplish.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Cstunes wrote:
Did your build come with the Yari? Looks like at least some did. If yours did, simply replace the Motion Control damper with an Charger 2.1 RC2 damper ($330 on world wide cyclery) and you will have a Lyrik Ultimate for a fraction of the cost. That does nothing to alter your offset though if that’s what you’re looking to accomplish.

I know about this option too, but I am almost determined to get a Red Lyrik. So I was wondering If anyone would have any experience with 42 mm offset fork on Trek SLASH. I saw on Trek's website that they are putting 42 mm offset forks on their carbon models in bike specification, but in geometry chart the fork offset is stated 51 mm. Maybe it's not such a big deal.
I know that brands like Transition are putting short offset forks on their bikes, but their bikes are longer.

I would like to know what effect on bikes turning and overall handling abilities would shorter offset fork have, so I could decide which fork offset to order.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
Civa79 wrote:
Cstunes wrote:

I know about this option too, but I am almost determined to get a Red Lyrik. So I was wondering If anyone would have any experience with 42 mm offset fork on Trek SLASH. I saw on Trek's website that they are putting 42 mm offset forks on their carbon models in bike specification, but in geometry chart the fork offset is stated 51 mm. Maybe it's not such a big deal.
I know that brands like Transition are putting short offset forks on their bikes, but their bikes are longer.

I would like to know what effect on bikes turning and overall handling abilities would shorter offset fork have, so I could decide which fork offset to order.
If you like current bike behavior, keep the existing offset as bike was designed around it. You can check this article for more details. IMO its not very big difference, its just a subtle one. For average Joe probably doesn't matter as much as i.e. correct tyre pressure or correct fork setup Big Grin
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/video-fork-offset-explained-does-it-really-make-a-difference

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
[Quote="onyxss"]
Civa79 wrote:
Cstunes wrote:

If you like current bike behavior, keep the existing offset as bike was designed around it. You can check this article for more details. IMO its not very big difference, its just a subtle one. For average Joe probably doesn't matter as much as i.e. correct tyre pressure or correct fork setup Big Grin
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/video-fork-offset-explained-does-it-really-make-a-difference[/Quote

Average Joe won't notice any difference, It's what I kind of thought... Smile Smile

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004702
Mobile Version of Website