2020 - SantaCruz Tallboy Carbon vs Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2020 - SantaCruz Tallboy Carbon vs Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Hi,
Nowadays I'm looking for a new full suspension bike, it must be light weight, dynamic driver and agile setup, still I ride dh bike and xc hardtail standalone, but I prefere to change it for one machine rig, so that naturall chosse will be SC Tallboy C vs Canyon Neuron CF, morover I should consider about SC Hightower C vs Canyon Spectral CF, more travel and dh style position, currently lives on the lowland's but two times a year I spend time in mountains and it's very funn to rip local single track, for me very importan is quality of frame/carbon, weight, performance and decide will I be able to jump little dirt, drop's on this models ? maybe someone have any of these models ?

Cheers!

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
I demo'ed the Neuron and it was not a fun bike to ride. It rides very tall; it felt very much like I was on the bike vs in the bike. Perhaps it was the 29" wheels; maybe the bb height was too high for my liking. In particular, the bike didn't feel right descending. Climbing, I liked the bike quite a bit. It seems to accelerate well and tackles steep climbs with enthusiasm and speed.

My understanding is that canyon and Santa Cruz offer traveling demos throughout the riding season. Definitely try before you buy.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
What do you consider lightweight? I have had all 3 travel ranges with the SC and currently ride a 19 Hightower LT. IMHO, the new HT will be a better bike especially if you doing some jumping, among the SC bikes anyway. I primarily ride more xc'ish trails and fons the longer travel to pedal just about as well, not weigh a bunch more and is a lot more fun.

As far as feeling like being in the bike vs. on, a 29 should feel more in as it has more BB drop vs a 27.5.

My LT C is around 30 lbs with Reserve wheels, XT 12 sp, XTR single pot brakes, and sub 800 gram tires. The new frames gained weight, but lowered the center of gravity too.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
gregmen wrote:
Hi,
Nowadays I'm looking for a new full suspension bike, it must be light weight, dynamic driver and agile setup, still I ride dh bike and xc hardtail standalone, but I prefere to change it for one machine rig, so that naturall chosse will be SC Tallboy C vs Canyon Neuron CF, morover I should consider about SC Hightower C vs Canyon Spectral CF, more travel and dh style position, currently lives on the lowland's but two times a year I spend time in mountains and it's very funn to rip local single track, for me very importan is quality of frame/carbon, weight, performance and decide will I be able to jump little dirt, drop's on this models ? maybe someone have any of these models ?

Cheers!

Thx a lot for your opinion.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
gmoss wrote:
What do you consider lightweight? I have had all 3 travel ranges with the SC and currently ride a 19 Hightower LT. IMHO, the new HT will be a better bike especially if you doing some jumping, among the SC bikes anyway. I primarily ride more xc'ish trails and fons the longer travel to pedal just about as well, not weigh a bunch more and is a lot more fun.

As far as feeling like being in the bike vs. on, a 29 should feel more in as it has more BB drop vs a 27.5.

My LT C is around 30 lbs with Reserve wheels, XT 12 sp, XTR single pot brakes, and sub 800 gram tires. The new frames gained weight, but lowered the center of gravity too.

Thx for your response, So - I have had xc bike Canyon Grand Canyon CF SL 10,3kg with 29", dh machine Santa Cruz Driver 8 - 17,55kg weight, my style of riding is agresive xc, and I look new full bike for 120-150mm max travel, which I can ride everywhere, climb on hills, slope going down, jumps across little dirt.
You recommended hightower for this usecase ?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005048
Mobile Version of Website