Good colors that go with a all orange frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Good colors that go with a all orange frame
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 16:56 Quote
Hello all, I need some advice on what custom colored parts I should put on an all orange bike frame, I ordered a Yeti SB 140 in orange and the shocks fox dpx2 and 36 with their gray decals but I need some advice on what color I should get for my hubs and wheels and such(this is fully custom) my idea so far was for some orange hope hubs and a couple of orange pats and just do black and orang but would really love some other opinions/advice. Thanks to anyone who inputs!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 17:05 Quote
Black works well with orange. A darker blue might look good too.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 17:15 Quote
I like blue with orange. Same colors paint and ano get to be a bit much. Orange and black looks good too. I had an earthy orange Tallboy that was primarily black and orange. I ended up doing wheels with turquoise hubs to pull the writing on the frame of the bike. You can see some pics in my gallery. On my phone and tough to post.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
gmoss wrote:
I like blue with orange. Same colors paint and ano get to be a bit much. Orange and black looks good too. I had an earthy orange Tallboy that was primarily black and orange. I ended up doing wheels with turquoise hubs to pull the writing on the frame of the bike. You can see some pics in my gallery. On my phone and tough to post.
Those hubs look sweet yha i might go for something like that but it's just hard to know if it'll look good by its own just the hubs. Probably go safe with all black.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Yeah, I was lucky that the small lettering on the frame matched something I could get. My current bike is a little tougher. The lettering now is Kashima Bronze. So, been a little tougher figuring what other accent color I may want.

Can you post a pic of the bike? Any other accent colors to pull from?

Gave a look, bright orange it appears. Looks like there are no other compliment colors on the frame. What I do is pull from the ano on the shock. Turq is closest in the I9 palette, to the blue knob, if that matters. Also, if I do somw ano, I try to plan what brands I will be using so the colors match.

Not sure what color I would choose with that bike. May go polished.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Yeah, I was lucky that the small lettering on the frame matched something I could get. My current bike is a little tougher. The lettering now is Kashima Bronze. So, been a little tougher figuring what other accent color I may want.

Can you post a pic of the bike? Any other accent colors to pull from?

Gave a look, bright orange it appears. Looks like there are no other compliment colors on the frame. What I do is pull from the ano on the shock. Turq is closest in the I9 palette, to the blue knob, if that matters. Also, if I do somw ano, I try to plan what brands I will be using so the colors match.

Not sure what color I would choose with that bike. May go polished.
funny you say that because your last response had me inspired to do sky blue hubs like you said because all I really have to work with is the blue top caps, the frame alone is all the orange. I cant send a pick due to me not actually having the frame yet(it's in shipping) but yha the only real option is by making accents with all the other components that ill put on the bike the light blue is one good option but another thought was red hubs and red accents

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
I think green might work, I saw an orange bike the other day with those green chromag bars, and some green pedals. It looked sick

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004635
Mobile Version of Website