Looking for new bike in the new year

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Looking for new bike in the new year
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
Hello all, i'm looking to upgrade in the new year from my 2013 Norco Katmandu, which i just had to repair again. i'm considering upgrading to a brand new hardtail, but i'm also thinking of buying either a fully or hardtail used. My current options that i'm looking at buying new are, but now limited to (perfectly open to suggestions elsewhere):

- 2020 Norco Fluid HT 3
- 2020 Trek Roscoe 7
- 2020 Giant Talon 1
- 2020 Kona Blast

My budget is $1500 CAD max.
i generally ride xc trails, with some all-mountain riding. if i buy used, i'd be looking for something 150mm max.
in terms of sizing, i generally fall into an XL (6'3"), but an L might work if it would fit.
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give, since i'm trying to get back into mountain biking after a three year hiatus.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
I think of all of those the Roscoe is spec'd the nicest. However, there is one on your list and is spec'd the highest for what you pay for and that is the Giant Fathom

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
agentM101 wrote:
Hello all, i'm looking to upgrade in the new year from my 2013 Norco Katmandu, which i just had to repair again. i'm considering upgrading to a brand new hardtail, but i'm also thinking of buying either a fully or hardtail used. My current options that i'm looking at buying new are:

- 2020 Norco Fluid HT 3
- 2020 Trek Roscoe 7
- 2020 Giant Talon 1
- 2020 Kona Blast

My budget is $1500 CAD max.
i generally ride xc trails, with some all-mountain riding. if i buy used, i'd be looking for something 150mm max.
in terms of sizing, i generally fall into an XL (6'3"), but an L might work if it would fit.
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give, since i'm trying to get back into mountain biking after a three year hiatus.
In that budget range buy new hardtail, it will serve you better for xc riding you describe. Trek Roscoe is good choice, already with 1x12.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
I'd lean towards the Roscoe or the Fluid. They're a little more set up as proper mountain bikes, as opposed to the Blast and Talon which are a little more "multi-purpose" (dad bikes)

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
At 6'3" you should definitely get an XL 29". My son and I are 6' 3" and 6' 2" respectively and share an XL 29" Range and a Sight and it's the greatest thing ever. Ryan Leech, who is about 6' or 6' 1" has generally ridden L 27.5s in recent times but has a new 29" torrent and is looking amazing on it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005173
Mobile Version of Website