Fat bike sizing

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Fat bike sizing
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
Hi
Going to purchase my first fat bike. I'm 6'5" and 220lb.
What size bike do you recco? Which manufacter for a budget of 1500?

Thanks

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
The best advice would be to try a few different out if possible. I’d guess you a L at minimum and probably an XL in reality. That budget would get you into many good options. I believe a Farley 5 is around there and possibly base build from Norco or Giant. Specialized Fatboy base should be in your budget. Personally I’d look used and work on a better build for my buck. Should be able to pick up a decent used for that price (Farley 7 or similar build spec or Fatboy (non base). Might be able to get into a decent build with Framed for that budget also. I personally did not care for the base build Framed bikes but their top tier look pretty well built.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
If you are looking at a Norco, try the large before you jump on an XL.

I'm 5'11" and ended up with a medium Norco Ithaqua, because somehow they made the 440 reach feel longer than the 455 on my large specialized, or the 475 on my large transition.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
I would also recommend trying a few different sizes to see what feels best. I got a Salsa Beargrease last year and tried both the L and XL. I'm about 6'1" with long legs and ended up on a Large. I thought it felt too small at first, but the XL was HUGE!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004704
Mobile Version of Website