New Slayer VS. 17-19 Slayer

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
New Slayer VS. 17-19 Slayer
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
Has anyone compared the new Slayer to the last gen? Thoughts?

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
kilo11 wrote:

You should ask Luca Cometti what he thinks about the new Slayer.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
billbrasky wrote:
kilo11 wrote:

You should ask Luca Cometti what he thinks about the new Slayer.

Ooof

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Interestingly enough, I think they're quite a bit different.... The old slayer could really kick around in full steep mode and was fun almost everywhere. The new one seems a bit racier but I've not checked out the smaller wheel version. Interestingly enough, everyone started complaining about the high antisquat on the old slayer right before the new one came out, but it was praised for having those numbers when it came out? New bike conspiracy IMO.

I think there's a lot of 2019 slayers out there for really, really good deals. If you can find one they're still excellent bikes. If you want a 29er or a full on park bike, maybe look at the new one. IMO the old one seemed a bit better rounded but that's going off experience of the old one and looking at the charts. the new one could be excellent everywhere, I haven't ridden it.

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Interestingly enough, I think they're quite a bit different.... The old slayer could really kick around in full steep mode and was fun almost everywhere. The new one seems a bit racier but I've not checked out the smaller wheel version. Interestingly enough, everyone started complaining about the high antisquat on the old slayer right before the new one came out, but it was praised for having those numbers when it came out? New bike conspiracy IMO.

I think there's a lot of 2019 slayers out there for really, really good deals. If you can find one they're still excellent bikes. If you want a 29er or a full on park bike, maybe look at the new one. IMO the old one seemed a bit better rounded but that's going off experience of the old one and looking at the charts. the new one could be excellent everywhere, I haven't ridden it.

I've got my eye on a 2018-19 right now. I feel like it'll just pedal up better than my current bike while still being able to be sick on the downs. It's unfortunate RM doesn't offer an Aluminum frame as a stand alone sale for the 2020 model but what can you do?

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
No, but the lowest spec alloy bike is a good enough deal you could upgrade and part out a bit and be close to a frame up. Most of my friends on the previous gen slayer kept it in steepest most of the time for pedalling and swapped it around for park days. Pretty versatile bike.

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
I am looking at the new Slayer. I want to build a rowdy park/DH bike, but am not a fan of carbon, hence why not going with a Maiden. Just need to see if the local supplier can get me a 27.5" alloy frame and shock (only come in carbon frame kits).

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
I am looking at the new Slayer. I want to build a rowdy park/DH bike, but am not a fan of carbon, hence why not going with a Maiden. Just need to see if the local supplier can get me a 27.5" alloy frame and shock (only come in carbon frame kits).

If that doesn’t work you could always grab a V4 AL nomad

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
kilo11 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

Have considered that also, but apparently the SC distro in Oz doesnt bring in the alloy options.

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
kilo11 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

Have considered that also, but apparently the SC distro in Oz doesnt bring in the alloy options.

Hopefully your RM supplier has a few tricks up their sleeve

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 0:40 Quote
kilo11 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
kilo11 wrote:

Hopefully your RM supplier has a few tricks up their sleeve

He is a miracle worker and has been the #1 RM dealer in Oz twice now. He makes shit happen.

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
It sucks the Aluminum versions are harder to get frame only or with good components. I'm on a 2019 Altitude A70 and was so stoked to find an AL bike with that nice of specs. Its a shame they dropped most of the A70's for 2020.

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Sadly it was just a tough sell. Most areas had a much easier time selling C50's over the A70s. I've heard a couple reps refer to those high end alloy bikes as "Shop guy bikes".

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
The shop guys can appreciate the value of the A70 bikes I guess

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005208
Mobile Version of Website