Portland Oregon trail recommendations

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Portland Oregon trail recommendations
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 2:10 Quote
I live in Beaverton, Oregon and I am looking for some good trail systems or places to ride that are closer to my neck of the woods? Most quality trails I’ve ridden (ex. Sandy ridge, post canyon, Stubb Stewart) are a solid 45+ minute drive from my house and realistically it’s hard to get out because of a long work week schedule (12 hours/day, 5 days a week).

Anyone one know of quality riding spots close by?

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
Never been riding down there, but I have heard Portland is the most aggressively anti-cycling city in the union. People complain about this all the time, there are no trails because it is basically illegal. So much for progressivism, smh.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
skerby wrote:
Never been riding down there, but I have heard Portland is the most aggressively anti-cycling city in the union. People complain about this all the time, there are no trails because it is basically illegal. So much for progressivism, smh.

Not anti-cycling, anti-MTB.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
https://bikeportland.org/2019/08/07/heres-how-to-start-riding-at-the-rocky-point-recreation-area-303182

Rocky Point might be an option, but you'll need to be a NWTA member. Small price to pay for the trails that will be built there.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Rogers Camp (Browns Camp) on hwy 6 XC
Hagg Lake hwy 47 XC
Ravens Ridge Timber DH
Gateway Green NE Portland

I’m in Hillsboro too wet to ride now except at Lumberyard. It’s dry there

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
eshew wrote:
https://bikeportland.org/2019/08/07/heres-how-to-start-riding-at-the-rocky-point-recreation-area-303182

Rocky Point might be an option, but you'll need to be a NWTA member. Small price to pay for the trails that will be built there.

That looks really interesting. It’s actually the first I’ve heard about them for the most part. I might have heard about NWTA in a passing conversation or seen where they have done trail work but I didn’t know that had member exclusive trails.

Have you ridden there or know what skill level most of their trails are?

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
Black Rock was great saturday. Not much mud. We avoided the bare wooden structures but the ones with chicken wire were fine. Great day of riding. I usually have room for more in my truck.

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Scappoose is just outside portland. great riding and alot of new trails being built

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
What does it actually cost to ride at the Rocky Point trails? I have been told a few times that you must be a member. On Trailforks I clicked the donate and sent $50 but now I see that does not qualify. On the NWTA? Website I saw all kinds of different dollar amounts. I think it said $230? Is that for a year?

Hey I’d love to be out building trails and I appreciate the good trails I get to ride.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004743
Mobile Version of Website