2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 1:13 Quote
Morning guys,

Thinking of making the jump from a YT Jeffsy Pro Race 29er to a 2021 Enduro comp, but at 168cm I'm right between S2 and S3 sizing.

The S2 has a longer wheelbase than my medium Jeffsy, but shorter reach and stack. Where-as the S3 has the same stack but a longer reach. Any guidance on this. I guess I'm proportionally got longer legs than upper body.

Is it possible to squeeze a 32T front chainring on? Looks tight.

Also, if I'm buying a lightly used one, is the frame warranty transferable?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Morning guys,

Thinking of making the jump from a YT Jeffsy Pro Race 29er to a 2021 Enduro comp, but at 168cm I'm right between S2 and S3 sizing.

The S2 has a longer wheelbase than my medium Jeffsy, but shorter reach and stack. Where-as the S3 has the same stack but a longer reach. Any guidance on this. I guess I'm proportionally got longer legs than upper body.

Is it possible to squeeze a 32T front chainring on? Looks tight.

Also, if I'm buying a lightly used one, is the frame warranty transferable?

Appreciate your thoughts.

On my S4 I can fit a 32 T no problem.

If you are not the original owner the frame warranty extends two years beyond the original purchase date.

As far as sizing goes I would get a larger size if you plan on racing/bike park. The smaller size if you are doing more trail riding.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
has anyone tried a 210mm OneUp with a S4? How much post shows when slammed as low as it can go?

Also what about a 180, can it be slammed almost all the way down without the cable getting messed up?

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
Angu58 wrote:
photo

OneUp 210mm on the S4. Feels really good so far, but I had to replace the stock lever with a OneUp lever, as the cable clamp was different.

This is my post from July. Not fully slammed, maybe 2-3 cm left to go in.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
Thanks, I should probably go with a 180. My bike has the same 440 seat tube length and with a 170 dropper there is 30mm showing.

Anyone know if there will be issues with cable kink on a 180 if it is pushed down where just 10mm or so is showing? The dropper length is 267 but the S4 depth is 265, I dont know if that is accounting for cable or not.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
singleandluvinit wrote:
has anyone tried a 210mm OneUp with a S4? How much post shows when slammed as low as it can go?

Also what about a 180, can it be slammed almost all the way down without the cable getting messed up?

Im unable to slam a 210 in an s5 so i think an s4 would have a significant amount of post.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
singleandluvinit wrote:

Im unable to slam a 210 in an s5 so i think an s4 would have a significant amount of post.

I have the 210 mm One Up post on my S5. Presently there's 9 cm of post sticking up above the seat-clamp.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 0:03 Quote
What is the max post insertion in the S4?

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:02 Quote
I recently bought my specialized enduro and i think about upgrading rockshox super deluxe. I want coil shock, i wonder between two. Rockshox superdeluxe coil and cane creek db coil kitsuma. Rockshox is a little bit cheaper. Which do you think should i get and what spring rate will be good? Or maybe other coil shock under 600-700 euro will be better? My weight with all gear is 65kg(143lbs)

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
Coil shocks are really good but if you want to pay full whack for a new one, it has to be an EXT Storia!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
I’m quite happy with my Kitsuma. Took a while to sort it out but I’m happy now.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
Kac5002 wrote:
I recently bought my specialized enduro and i think about upgrading rockshox super deluxe. I want coil shock, i wonder between two. Rockshox superdeluxe coil and cane creek db coil kitsuma. Rockshox is a little bit cheaper. Which do you think should i get and what spring rate will be good? Or maybe other coil shock under 600-700 euro will be better? My weight with all gear is 65kg(143lbs)

My DVO Jade X has been great so far. You can buy direct and for $100US they will tune it for your bike and weight.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 0:14 Quote
I managed to get a RS Super Deluxe Ultimate coil near new for 40% off and it's awesome. Bang for buck its a winner. Here (Switzerland) the Fox DHX2 is always double the price and just couldn't justify spending 800-1200 on a shock. If you don't have a ton to spend you'll still be very happy with the RS coil
Kac5002 wrote:

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 0:15 Quote
I'm running a 210 in an S4 and no one it'll slam - maybe 6cm still sticking out? i'd have to measure
Either way it fits me just right so i'm happy... you can always drop a 210 by 10mm or 20mm using the shims

singleandluvinit wrote:
Thanks, I should probably go with a 180. My bike has the same 440 seat tube length and with a 170 dropper there is 30mm showing.

Anyone know if there will be issues with cable kink on a 180 if it is pushed down where just 10mm or so is showing? The dropper length is 267 but the S4 depth is 265, I dont know if that is accounting for cable or not.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 0:37 Quote
My DVO Jade X has been great so far. You can buy direct and for $100US they will tune it for your bike and weight.[/Quote]

Unfortunately dvo is unavailable on their website. The price diffrence between cane creek and rockshox is 200euro(rockshox is cheaper). Do you think it is worth paying 200euro more?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013023
Mobile Version of Website