2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 7:42 Quote
Anyone know anybody in the UK looking to buy an S5 S works frame ???? The matte black one. Its brand new and no interest in it what so ever !!! Whats going on !!!

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
Wow - nice frame! I guess it’s because it’s S5. Also I bought a warranty replacement S4 and it had no rear axle and no headset crown race. Just a tip to make it more saleable, add all the small parts like the top clamp for the seat post etc. Those little bits that were missing from mine added considerable cost to the build.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
ramymcc22 wrote:
Anyone know anybody in the UK looking to buy an S5 S works frame ???? The matte black one. Its brand new and no interest in it what so ever !!! Whats going on !!!

I'm sure if the price was right there would be lots of interest......

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
2.5k for the S-Wroks, inclduing dropper, is not bad. That said, some places have them on sale now for 2800 with warranty if you can take the raspberry colour

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 16:47 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
DHhack wrote:
noideamtber wrote:
350 on front 359 rear, regarded as one of the best alloy rims currently available.

That was not my experience with the 350.

dont use it on the rear, ive had my 350/359 combo since it was released, ive heard them ding alot and have trued the rear once. Theyve been soo good. 350 with vibrocore with oneupbar is a saving grace for hands too.

I had issues front and rear with the 350 vibrocore. I should’ve bought race 33 again.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 18:14 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
2014yz250 wrote:
Hi guys, I need some help choosing wheels for my bike. Yesterday I cased a jump and destroyed my rear rim. I was originally thinking of only getting a new rear but will probably end up getting a set instead. My bike is a 21’ enduro expert with roval alloy rims. I don’t want to break the bank but also don’t want junk. I’d like to run my 2.6 assegais too. I found a set of spank 350s on dt Swiss 370 hubs with an xD driver for 475. Any thoughts or suggestions is a great help. Thanks

370 hubs are cheap garbage.

not garbage, the 370 can now be upgraded to the 350 internals: https://northwestbicycle.com/products/dt-swiss-ratchet-ln-freehub-body-upgrade-kit-sram-xd-standard-aluminum-sealed-bearing-j371734?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA55mPBhBOEiwANmzoQk3PEwh_iolwPNqMCOjOb7llwZOL7ZYuFud1OpcjaawZbJkaa-XJKxoCTzAQAvD_BwE

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
DHhack wrote:
noideamtber wrote:
DHhack wrote:

That was not my experience with the 350.

dont use it on the rear, ive had my 350/359 combo since it was released, ive heard them ding alot and have trued the rear once. Theyve been soo good. 350 with vibrocore with oneupbar is a saving grace for hands too.

I had issues front and rear with the 350 vibrocore. I should’ve bought race 33 again.

Sorry that you've had bad luck, Ive had those and destroyed them - ive also had the "best of the best" Carbons etc and they are waaaay not worth even being on any bike but an XC bike.
Carbon wheels are one of the biggest scams in MTB for enduro/dh use.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 20:46 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
DHhack wrote:
noideamtber wrote:

Sorry that you've had bad luck, Ive had those and destroyed them - ive also had the "best of the best" Carbons etc and they are waaaay not worth even being on any bike but an XC bike.
Carbon wheels are one of the biggest scams in MTB for enduro/dh use.

Yeah anything under 500g a rim in carbon is a recipe for walking back. I had decent luck with the e13 dh carbon rims from a lasting a season perspective, but damn they were harsh and didn’t track well. Back on alloy for trail/enduro and not sure what I want for a dedicated park/race wheelset.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 22:56 Quote
sc carbon rims are like the best investment ive ever made. Also running the control SL wheels on my enduro and definitely pinging rim but they stay true, no damage yet and they definitely help with climbing.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 2:22 Quote
jaame wrote:
2.5k for the S-Wroks, inclduing dropper, is not bad. That said, some places have them on sale now for 2800 with warranty if you can take the raspberry colour

Come with Fox Factory X2 also, which is a £700 shock......

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
sc carbon rims are like the best investment ive ever made. Also running the control SL wheels on my enduro and definitely pinging rim but they stay true, no damage yet and they definitely help with climbing.

I have EX511s (clyde, no bike parks), but I was desperate to reduce some weight, so I switched the to the regular Controls. Haven't had a chance to ride them yet, but I'm hoping it was a sound decision.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
My '21 Meta AM arrived yesterday, so I'm outta here.

Although I'll have a brand new S-Works Enduro frame in S4 for sale as soon as Specialized manages to finally pull their thumb out and send me my replacement.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
SimonJaeger wrote:

Although I'll have a brand new S-Works Enduro frame in S4 for sale as soon as Specialized manages to finally pull their thumb out and send me my replacement.

Great info! TNX

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
SimonJaeger wrote:

Was your experience that bad that you went from a carbon S-works to an ali Commi?
I suspect a new model must be coming since you can now see some shops doing good reductions on the frame.
Very curious to see what will change.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
What's a good shock tune to get if I wanted to grab a coil off Pinkbike? Better with a medium or light? (Pretty average weight)

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006921
Mobile Version of Website