2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Was your experience that bad that you went from a carbon S-works to an ali Commi?
I suspect a new model must be coming since you can now see some shops doing good reductions on the frame.
Very curious to see what will change.

I don't think the Meta is going to be a performance downgrade. The Meta is a really good bike in it's own right.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think that the Enduro is a fantastic bike - when it works. In the short periods of time where the frame wasn't cracked, I really loved riding it. Unfortunately the Enduro was comically unreliable for me. On average, I cracked one frame every six months of ownership. It wasn't a question if the frame would crack, but when.

Therefor I don't think a bike being made from aluminium is necessarily a disadvantage - if the frame is specifically designed to work with the material properties of alu, like on the Meta. The problem really is that, for most companies, alloy frames are sort of an afterthought. Like a cheap and bad copy of the carbon version.

If the Specialized Enduro would have been available in alloy and the frame would have been built to the same quality standard of Commencal, Knolly, Banshee or RAAW, then I would have bought an alloy Enduro.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
SimonJaeger wrote:

… same quality standard of Banshee or then I would have bought the alloy version.

Bahhhhh ha ha ha

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
my banshee will far outlast my enduro without question.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
my banshee will far outlast my enduro without question.

Same. I ride my Phantom as hard as my Enduro and guess which one lasted 3 months…

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
RMWB wrote:

Bahhhhh ha ha ha

Keep in mind we're talking about Banshee right now, not about Banshee 15 years ago.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
[Quote="senorbanana"]
1stevenml wrote:
2014yz250 wrote:
Hi guys, I need some help choosing wheels for my bike. Yesterday I cased a jump and destroyed my rear rim. I was originally thinking of only getting a new rear but will probably end up getting a set instead. My bike is a 21’ enduro expert with roval alloy rims. I don’t want to break the bank but also don’t want junk. I’d like to run my 2.6 assegais too. I found a set of spank 350s on dt Swiss 370 hubs with an xD driver for 475. Any thoughts or suggestions is a great help. Thanks

370 hubs are cheap garbage.

not garbage, the 370 can now be upgraded to the 350 internals: https://northwestbicycle.com/products/dt-swiss-ratchet-ln-freehub-body-upgrade-kit-sram-xd-standard-aluminum-sealed-bearing-j371734?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA55mPBhBOEiwANmzoQk3PEwh_iolwPNqMCOjOb7llwZOL7ZYuFud1OpcjaawZbJkaa-XJKxoCTzAQAvD_BwE[/Quote

Sure, thats fine and all, but by the time you buy a hub, buy the kit and potentially pay someone to install it if you don't do it yourself, you've spent more than a 350 hub. Avoid the BS and just buy the right thing to begin with. The 350 and 240 hubs are outdated either way. Theyre light yes, but only strong if you leave in the low engagement ratchets which blow in terms of poe. The fine ratchets are not very strong and still are lacking in the poe department. Ran them for years, much happier with I9 hubs now.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 18:06 Quote
Anyone running a 200mm post in an S3, looking at a PNW Loam post which travel reduces by 25mm and I think I will run it around 180-185, but not sure if I have enough insertion room. Any advice or anyone doing this??

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 4:46 Quote
You can find the spec on the insertion ability, and pnw should have a calculator. I know one up does. But, in my s4, the post should of had adequate clearance but it binds up the cable. My finding is the specified max insertion is kinda wishful thinking so I would advise to error on the side of caution.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
Ended up ordering up a OneUp 180 post. Should be just right for the job.

1stevenml wrote:
You can find the spec on the insertion ability, and pnw should have a calculator. I know one up does. But, in my s4, the post should of had adequate clearance but it binds up the cable. My finding is the specified max insertion is kinda wishful thinking so I would advise to error on the side of caution.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
ColeF-75 wrote:
Ended up ordering up a OneUp 180 post. Should be just right for the job.

1stevenml wrote:

Another data point: S4 5'11" 180mm Oneup works great. I don't think there's a better option for this frame.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
Hi guys, I have a question about my 2020 Enduro Expert frame, whether such paint chips are suitable for warranty? the paint can be scraped with a fingernail, did anyone have such problems?

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
kuba36912 wrote:
Hi guys, I have a question about my 2020 Enduro Expert frame, whether such paint chips are suitable for warranty? the paint can be scraped with a fingernail, did anyone have such problems?

Is it a satin finish? I had that happen with my Epic HT and it was warrantable. I passed as they couldn't give me the same color, however.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
Running a NX mech on a GX cassette, have recently had an issue where when in the 50 and pedalling hard up a steep hill the mech will clip the spokes slightly.

Several times now I have adjusted the limit screw to move the mech away from the spokes, all is okay in the stand, on the flat or moderate hills, but then I go out and hit a punchy climb and it starts doing it!

B tension has been set with the bike sagged, hanger is straight and checked using hanger alignment tool I own.

Anyone else had this and resolved it or can think of anything to try?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006206
Mobile Version of Website