2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 4:42 Quote
exmouthlocal wrote:
Running a NX mech on a GX cassette, have recently had an issue where when in the 50 and pedalling hard up a steep hill the mech will clip the spokes slightly.

Several times now I have adjusted the limit screw to move the mech away from the spokes, all is okay in the stand, on the flat or moderate hills, but then I go out and hit a punchy climb and it starts doing it!

B tension has been set with the bike sagged, hanger is straight and checked using hanger alignment tool I own.

Anyone else had this and resolved it or can think of anything to try?

How many miles on the NX derailleur? these develop so much play in the bushing for the mount bolt. If you can find an XO1/XX1 mount bolt that could fix it.

I would also check the Tq on the cassette.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 5:16 Quote
RMWB wrote:
exmouthlocal wrote:
Running a NX mech on a GX cassette, have recently had an issue where when in the 50 and pedalling hard up a steep hill the mech will clip the spokes slightly.

Several times now I have adjusted the limit screw to move the mech away from the spokes, all is okay in the stand, on the flat or moderate hills, but then I go out and hit a punchy climb and it starts doing it!

B tension has been set with the bike sagged, hanger is straight and checked using hanger alignment tool I own.

How many miles on the NX derailleur? these develop so much play in the bushing for the mount bolt. If you can find an XO1/XX1 mount bolt that could fix it.

Either it’s not tight, hanger is bent and needs straightening, or derailleur is toast(likely).

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
Fanatic bike shows a s4 sworks frame weighing 1.16 lbs less than the non sworks version, no shock. Does anyone know if that’s accurate?

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
RMWB wrote:
exmouthlocal wrote:

Either it’s not tight, hanger is bent and needs straightening, or derailleur is toast(likely).

Check to see if you can move the hanger up and down by hand while you've got it in the stand. I haven't been able to dial in the b tension since I bought my '21 frame a couple months ago. If the layup on the seatstay isn't just right the hanger can move during suspension compression and change the b tension on you. Just started my warranty claim Facepalm Not to be alarmist, but something worth checking. See this post for more details:
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/2020-enduro-thread-try-2.1109031/page-145#post-15490841

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 8:05 Quote
I don’t know about pounds. I’ve heard 250g for the carbon linkage in terms of savings

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
Fanatic bike shows a s4 sworks frame weighing 1.16 lbs less than the non sworks version, no shock. Does anyone know if that’s accurate?

I weighed my S4 non Sworks, with no shock and it was 3628g, about 150g less than what they claim.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
Jabber127 wrote:
1stevenml wrote:
RMWB wrote:

Check to see if you can move the hanger up and down by hand while you've got it in the stand. I haven't been able to dial in the b tension since I bought my '21 frame a couple months ago. If the layup on the seatstay isn't just right the hanger can move during suspension compression and change the b tension on you. Just started my warranty claim Facepalm Not to be alarmist, but something worth checking. See this post for more details:
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/2020-enduro-thread-try-2.1109031/page-145#post-15490841

Hey bud, I have the same issue, tbh never paid too much attention to it either until I changed the mech hangar and noticed the movement. Seems to make b tension irrelevant as there's so much movement. That coupled with my sloppy NX deraillieur on over 2000k and it's a miracle the gear changes are semi alright.

Interested to see how you get on with a warranty claim, please let us know!

Cheers

Ben

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
benjiancillotti wrote:
Jabber127 wrote:
1stevenml wrote:

Hey bud, I have the same issue, tbh never paid too much attention to it either until I changed the mech hangar and noticed the movement. Seems to make b tension irrelevant as there's so much movement. That coupled with my sloppy NX deraillieur on over 2000k and it's a miracle the gear changes are semi alright.

Cheers

Ben

Mine was also like this and I never really thought much of it (I didn’t get a huge amount of kms before warranty for a different issue, so I never experienced the sloppy gear changes). I tightened down on the hanger as best as I could, but it’s not a neat fit where the recess for the hanger is.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
jawa wrote:
benjiancillotti wrote:
Jabber127 wrote:

Cheers

Ben

Mine was also like this and I never really thought much of it (I didn’t get a huge amount of kms before warranty for a different issue, so I never experienced the sloppy gear changes). I tightened down on the hanger as best as I could, but it’s not a neat fit where the recess for the hanger is.

Curious what drive train you were running. GX AXS with a shimano chain/cassette here. Had that combo running sweet on my last frame. I think the AXS stuff is very b-gap-sensitive.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
I’ve got X01 derailleur / shifter, with GX chain and cassette. I bought a complete so everything has shifted well so far with a few tweaks but I can see that if things start to get sloppy the rocking derailleur hanger would worsen the situation.

Forgot to add - truvativ crankset that came stock too, so I haven’t changed the chainline from how it came.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 17:40 Quote
Jabber127 wrote:
1stevenml wrote:
RMWB wrote:

I just got around to upgrading my SLX to XT and I noticed I have this issue as well. I can't say I noticed any issues with shifting on SLX, haven't had a chance to take the bike out since switching however. I'll report back if I notice anything.

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
Jabber127 wrote:
1stevenml wrote:
RMWB wrote:

Im intrested to hear more. Are they replacing the frame or the chainstay?

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 11:01 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
Jabber127 wrote:
1stevenml wrote:

Im intrested to hear more. Are they replacing the frame or the chainstay?

I'll update here. Submitted a claim to fanatik Friday, haven't heard back yet.

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 15:55 Quote
who has ridden the Enduro and the transition Spire? Also interested in opinions about a Kona process X

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 16:20 Quote
Submitted my frame for warranty on Sept 23, 2021. Specialized said it's still 2-3 months out. Specifically purchased from a LBS and a big established company to avoid this problem. Completely unacceptable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007712
Mobile Version of Website