2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 22:18 Quote
i use an insert in the rear, even just the xc cushcore keeps the big pings to a minimum and probably has saved me a few times without adding a ton of weight. if you do have the rovals tho i think inserts void the already shitty warranty.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 1:03 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
Hello guys.
First time with carbon wheels...now i have roval carbon on my Enduro, and wondering if you see advantage of using inserts or not.

Sem qualquer duvida! Especially Roval which are well known for being not very robust. But mostly because of the feeling they give, allowing for much lower pressures and avoid pinch flats. Rimpacts are great.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
So after hucking to flat on a sharp rock on my rear carbon Roval wheel and hearing a horrible sound that I swear my rim was toast I decided then and there, after seeing I got away lucky and didn't destroy my rim, to run a simple insert. I didn't want anything too heavy or to make the tyre feel dead I went with the Tubolight Evo SL https://tubolight.bike/products/tubolight-evo-sl/ and it's been awesome so far, in that I've not had to "need" it... I did try the Evo HD but just felt with a DHR II 2.4 rear tyre that it was too big and I didn't like the "dead tyre" feel. To each their own.

Caveirex wrote:
Hello guys.
First time with carbon wheels...now i have roval carbon on my Enduro, and wondering if you see advantage of using inserts or not.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
I've got the roval controls on my stumpjumper They are great and lightweight, but I wouldn't trust them on my Enduro where I push a lot harder on chunkier terrain. I've not had any issues with the rovals, but seems like your running an xc rim on an enduro bike and it'll probably fail at some point. It has a good warranty for two years and then goes to crash replacement.

Cushcore feels great on the Enduro.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
Just a update, I received my warranty frame set. All black white sworks. Took about 4 months.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
senorbanana wrote:
Just a update, I received my warranty frame set. All black white sworks. Took about 4 months.

It was about a month into the waiting when I realized I needed to have 2 bikes at all times if I wanted to keep riding.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
It took less than two weeks to get a warranty replacement for my Raw Carbon seat stay. Only problem it is the matte black painted stay. On the trail it's not noticeable but it bugs me a lot since the raw carbon is so sweet.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
BruceJR wrote:
It took less than two weeks to get a warranty replacement for my Raw Carbon seat stay. Only problem it is the matte black painted stay. On the trail it's not noticeable but it bugs me a lot since the raw carbon is so sweet.

I also had a warranty seatstay for mine in the past. Got that in a week

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
The short turnaround time is great but I feel pretty ripped off that Spec can't match the color of the frame UNDER WARRANTY that I paid thousands of dollars for.... Now I'm looking at spending $300-500 out of pocket to repair the raw carbon seat stay so I can have a matching rear triangle.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
BruceJR wrote:
The short turnaround time is great but I feel pretty ripped off that Spec can't match the color of the frame UNDER WARRANTY that I paid thousands of dollars for.... Now I'm looking at spending $300-500 out of pocket to repair the raw carbon seat stay so I can have a matching rear triangle.

They don’t match the color and I don’t think ever have.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
Its a seat stay. just ride the bike.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

Thanks for sharing that things like esthetics and resale value are not important to you. Not really sure what value that adds to the discussion though. It is in fact important to me. That is why I wanted to share my experience with other Enduro owners who may also think that it is important to them too.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 17:33 Quote
BruceJR wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Thanks for sharing that things like esthetics and resale value are not important to you. Not really sure what value that adds to the discussion though. It is in fact important to me. That is why I wanted to share my experience with other Enduro owners who may also think that it is important to them too.

Fact is this is standard practice across the industry with regard to warranty. Specialized isn’t just trying to pull one over on you. Look at the evolution of my scout from all yellow to almost all black after a few warrantied frame parts

Franken Scout
Franken Scout

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 19:17 Quote
Yep most manufacturers do a run of frames in all sizes and colours, then ship them around the world for general sale. They then do a run of warranty frames and parts which usually coincide with the run of frame only sets and this makes up their inventory for these occasions.

They don’t do a run of every single colour and other feature and this is why you only get warrantied parts in certain colour ways. It is also not made to order.

Imagine if they had to stock every single colourway and ask what colour you wanted your replacement part in. Sure it might be nice for the end user but it wouldn’t be a good business model with all the potential wastage. It’s all about the $$$ for them and so long as it’s a functional replacement part, the colour is just for looks. Just the way the world works

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 20:29 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
BruceJR wrote:

They don’t match the color and I don’t think ever have.

I had to warranty my rear triangle in 2000 on a 1999 full suspension Rock Hopper. It came only in black and I was pissed haha. I still have the bike and original bent rear triangle. The bent triangle hangs in my tree.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007242
Mobile Version of Website