2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 22:16 Quote
kobold wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:
BruceJR wrote:
The short turnaround time is great but I feel pretty ripped off that Spec can't match the color of the frame UNDER WARRANTY that I paid thousands of dollars for.... Now I'm looking at spending $300-500 out of pocket to repair the raw carbon seat stay so I can have a matching rear triangle.

They don’t match the color and I don’t think ever have.

I had to warranty my rear triangle in 2000 on a 1999 full suspension Rock Hopper. It came only in black and I was pissed haha. I still have the bike and original bent rear triangle. The bent triangle hangs in my tree.

It’s annoying for sure, but I get it… colors change yearly but models last 3-4 years. If you bust your year 1 stuff in year 3 you get whatever’s on the current menu.

I broke my raw carbon frame and got a raspberry warranty replacement. Not exactly my “jam” but wuddayagonnado Wink

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
BruceJR wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Its a seat stay. just ride the bike.

Thanks for sharing that things like esthetics and resale value are not important to you. Not really sure what value that adds to the discussion though. It is in fact important to me. That is why I wanted to share my experience with other Enduro owners who may also think that it is important to them too.

aesthetics are unimportant when its black vs raw carbon black on the seat stay. if youre unhappy then get a different frame now before the resale goes down even further. specialized warranty is garbage and has been for a while, its definitely not one of the reasons to buy their bikes.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 1:22 Quote
How much time does it take for Specialized to reply to a warranty claim submitted through an official dealer?

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:58 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
How much time does it take for Specialized to reply to a warranty claim submitted through an official dealer?

Months was my experience, but that was during the initial CA covid shutdown and while specialized HQ was basically ground zero for a big wildfire so YMMV.

If you need to keep riding the bike my advice would be to find yourself a used frame / part and then sell the warrantied part when it eventually trickles in.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:

I had a reply in a day. And a replacement frame in around 6 months - Warranty submitted August 2021 time, frame received March 2022.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
Thanks guys. I have received a reply within 5 days and most probably get a new frame within 1.5 - 2 months.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
who is riding an X2 in his enduro?

i noticed that my High speed rebound is fully closed (Slow) and its still fast AF...

someone noticed the same issue?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

i noticed that my High speed rebound is fully closed (Slow) and its still fast AF...

I have an ohlins coil on mine and the rebound is one click from closed. But from what I’ve read the ohlins is notorious for having the rebound run fast. Also could be the stock tune for the enduro frames. Is your x2 the shock that came with the bike/frame?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

I have an ohlins coil on mine and the rebound is one click from closed. But from what I’ve read the ohlins is notorious for having the rebound run fast. Also could be the stock tune for the enduro frames. Is your x2 the shock that came with the bike/frame?

Yes its the one that came with the bike.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
Maybe it’s a pressure issue. What sag are you running?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 13:00 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

Rebound on Fox rears has been all over the show for me. I had an X2 on my Kenevo SL that - I shit you not - would take 10 sec to return at slowest setting. I loved it cause it allowed my 240lb ass to set it just where I wanted, but usually the X2 (like the one that came in the Enduro) rebound damping is too light to work right at higher spring rates, especially if you like rebound on the slower side.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 16:34 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

I make the assumption that the shock in question is in good working order and has adequate fluid levels?

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 5:48 Quote
Anyone with an S2 size think that it rides weird with the chain stay being longer (442) than the front center (437)? Kinda trying to size down on bikes lately, but cant wrap my head around the rear being longer than the front.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
mitch1992 wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

I make the assumption that the shock in question is in good working order and has adequate fluid levels?

Came fresh from the big service, i was riding the shock about 2 months since then.

im 82kg and i've got 220PSI in it. i saw i never bottomed out the shock, 5-8mm left from the full shock travel.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 11:36 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
mitch1992 wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

Came fresh from the big service, i was riding the shock about 2 months since then.

im 82kg and i've got 220PSI in it. i saw i never bottomed out the shock, 5-8mm left from the full shock travel.

Don’t think you are running enough air. I’m the around the same weight and use 265psi for 30% sag. Remember the shock only has 60mm of travel but the shaft has more as can be set for 65mm aswell so hard to tell if you are using full travel when set to 60mm (o ring will be at base of kashima writing at 60mm bottom out).

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Midland, TX Psychic love spells (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-lover Back
2 mins ago - When to replace sealant?
3 mins ago - Mondraker Owners Thread
9 mins ago - Mesquite city , TX Psychic love spells (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-lover Back
9 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
45 mins ago - McKinney, TX Psychic love spells (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-lover Back
49 mins ago - Scott Gambler OWNERS
1 hours ago - Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
1 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells Grand Prairie, TX (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-Lover Back
1 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells Amarillo, TX (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-Lover Back
1 hours ago - Trek session owners club
2 hours ago - 2022 Mont-Saint-Anne World Cup
2 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells Edina, TX (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-Lover Back
2 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells Amarillo, TX (929) 335 6292 Get Ex-Lover Back
2 hours ago - Evil Owners Club
2 hours ago - Best Love Spells in Garland, TX (929) 335 6292 Psychic Readings.
2 hours ago - DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
2 hours ago - Sizing Question
2 hours ago - Continental Kryptotal Enduro Soft - your experience?
2 hours ago - Best Love Spells in Lubbock, TX (929) 335 6292 Psychic Readings
2 hours ago - Love spell to bring back lost lover (929) 335 6292 Laredo, TX Psychic Asaf
3 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells +1(845) 295 3081 Arlington, TX Bring back lost lover
3 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells +1(845) 295 3081 El Paso, TX Bring back lost lover
3 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells +1(845) 295 3081 Fort Worth, TX Bring back lost lover
3 hours ago - Psychic Love Spells By Asaf +1 (929) 335 6292 Austin, TX Bring back lost lover

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007044
Mobile Version of Website