2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
good to see another taller rider (i'm 189cm) on an S4, love that it's reasonably flickable at this size.
Have a 210mm OneUp post but unsure re shovin a 240mm in there as already there's a bit of post showing with the 210mm installed

Although you're deffo on the lighter side than me (-20kg)! i'm running a 600lbs spring in my SuperDeluxe Ultimate Coil

ChewyWookiee wrote:
Had to warranty my frame recently due to headset cup cracking. Seems it didn't like something I did to it in Tasmania!

The rundown:
193cm, 78kg / 6'4", 172 pounds

S4 frame
DHX2 @ 450 spring (considering slightly firmer spring. Also I run the X2 on smoother 'funner' stuff.)

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 16:21 Quote
motorstone wrote:
good to see another taller rider (i'm 189cm) on an S4, love that it's reasonably flickable at this size.
Have a 210mm OneUp post but unsure re shovin a 240mm in there as already there's a bit of post showing with the 210mm installed

Although you're deffo on the lighter side than me (-20kg)! i'm running a 600lbs spring in my SuperDeluxe Ultimate Coil

ChewyWookiee wrote:
Had to warranty my frame recently due to headset cup cracking. Seems it didn't like something I did to it in Tasmania!

The rundown:

S4 frame
DHX2 @ 450 spring (considering slightly firmer spring. Also I run the X2 on smoother 'funner' stuff.)

I’m on an S3 at 182cm - Same as Charlie Murray. I think a lot of people would probably have more enjoyment for the sort of riding they do, on the smaller of the two sizes that fit them. Unless you’re smashing bike park laps and DH tracks, or compensating for lack of ability with the additional stability, the smaller size makes things surprisingly nimble.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
jawa wrote:
motorstone wrote:

ChewyWookiee wrote:

The rundown:

S4 frame

I’m on an S3 at 182cm - Same as Charlie Murray. I think a lot of people would probably have more enjoyment for the sort of riding they do, on the smaller of the two sizes that fit them. Unless you’re smashing bike park laps and DH tracks, or compensating for lack of ability with the additional stability, the smaller size makes things surprisingly nimble.

186cm on a S5 and find this bike more movable and flickable then my Large 2018 X wing! I find the extra space the bike gives me enables me to manipulate the bike more with body movements and not end up chewing the bars or kneeing the stem when in tight trails and trees etc

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
Guys, guys, it’s obvious that S4 is the happy medium here. Which is what I happen to ride.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
Im finding the topic of brake adapters to be very confusing stuff. Could anyone lend a hand?

Plan: SRAM Codes on 220/200mm HS2 rotors, 2022 S4 frame and 2023 Zeb fork.

Really struggling to reach a conclusion with any degree of certainty here, and would hugely appreciate a hand in figuring out what i've got to buy in order to make things fit.
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
I run 200mm Sram discs front and back.
Zeb: 200mm as stock. No adapter needed.
Rear: 180mm as stock. You need a +20mm post to post adapter, and longer bolts with cup and cone bits.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
Sorry I miss read that. Where is your 220 going, front or back?

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
jaame wrote:
Sorry I miss read that. Where is your 220 going, front or back?

220mm is going on the front. I found that the minimum size rotor for the zeb is 200, so i assume i'll need a +20mm post to post adapter for that too? Thanks.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
Yep. Zeb is 200 on the fork lowers and the frame is 180 on the lugs. 2x +20mm post to post adapters is what you need.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
Anyone figured out a good way to mount a motion activated (non-magnetic) cadence sensor? I'm using the Garmin and Magene S3+ sensors (both of which are really small) but clearance is a real problem.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 4:22 Quote
KGR wrote:
Anyone figured out a good way to mount a motion activated (non-magnetic) cadence sensor? I'm using the Garmin and Magene S3+ sensors (both of which are really small) but clearance is a real problem.

I think the Saris one has one of the lowest profiles. What crank are you using?

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
RMWB wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm using a Raceface Next R, which is admittedly a bit on the chunky side. I have an old Next SL I could probably swap in and get a few more millimeters of room to play with, but I'd prefer to stick with the current crank if I can get cadence to work in an agreeable way.

Side comment: PSA for anyone wanting to use 220mm rear rotors. Clearance is *really* tight for +40mm adapters. I had to ditch the TRP adapter I was going to use because it the edge of the adapter would have taken a bite out of the seat stay had I cinched it down. However the equivalent Magura adapter fits fine - no clearance issues.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 23:19 Quote
KGR wrote:
RMWB wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm using a Raceface Next R, which is admittedly a bit on the chunky side. I have an old Next SL I could probably swap in and get a few more millimeters of room to play with, but I'd prefer to stick with the current crank if I can get cadence to work in an agreeable way.

Side comment: PSA for anyone wanting to use 220mm rear rotors. Clearance is *really* tight for +40mm adapters. I had to ditch the TRP adapter I was going to use because it the edge of the adapter would have taken a bite out of the seat stay had I cinched it down. However the equivalent Magura adapter fits fine - no clearance issues.

Sounds like you found a solution to the TRP adaptor issue. Another solution is to just relieve the offending corner of the TRP adaptor with a grinder. Works just fine.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 1:14 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
KGR wrote:
RMWB wrote:

Sounds like you found a solution to the TRP adaptor issue. Another solution is to just relieve the offending corner of the TRP adaptor with a grinder. Works just fine.

I used Magura QM45 adapter when going to 220mm and it fitted fine with no issues

Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 10:57 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
who is riding an X2 in his enduro?

i noticed that my High speed rebound is fully closed (Slow) and its still fast AF...

someone noticed the same issue?

Have a '22 x2. 185lb rider (no gear so probably 195 fully kitted). 1 spacer, 240 psi. about 7-8 clicks IN on LCS (I start from fully open), 2-3HSC, middle on HSR, middle on lsr (i can't remember the clicks)

Custom stickies. yes those are downcountry tires but don t worry i have a wheelset with DH tires inserts ready to go

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008444
Mobile Version of Website