2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 18:50 Quote
Hi all I just picked up an S3 2022 Enduro Expert ..wayyy to much bike for me but what a lovely weapon. I'm 175shh / 75kgs.

Annoyingly the rear Fox Float X2 Performance only has the Low speed Compression and Rebound adjustments, and not the High speed settings. Its Specialized's own Rx Trail Tune. There is no information online on how to set it up based on this tune. I've gone 30% sag. Any feedback from others would be really helpful since not much online from Fox or Specialized. (the bike isn't listed on Specialized suspension settings).

Any other tips from current owners? I'm am thinking the stock alloy 35mm stem is too short for the newer 44mm fork offsets. So wondering if I matchy matchy the 42mm OneUp stem to the carbon bars then that could be worth balancing up how long this bike is (seat will come forward).

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 20:29 Quote
Agreed. The 32mm stem on my bike is too short. It makes the bike hard to control when going uphill unless you’re really intentional about weighting it. My guess is it’ll help improve dh stability as well.

Going to a 40 and will see how that feels.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 3:33 Quote
Agreed. I had a 32mm stem on my S5 enduro at the start as I thought it would suit the big big bike. Too twitchy and it never felt right. Swapped to a 40, perfect.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 6:08 Quote
Sorry edit ; it’s 50mm measured (must be Covid dump against online spec sheet)

It’s too long and maybe explains the sore back of the neck I’ve been getting.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
With such a slack head tube angle, it's important to remember that your "effective" stem length depends upon how high you have it on your steerer tube. You raise it up a few spacers, you also just pulled your bars back a few millimeters too.

I've got the stock 50 mm on my S5 at max height. Curious about trying a 40 or maybe even a 35. I'd wait till a shuttle day when I can borrow one from a buddy's bin before buying and do the same run back to back a couple times. I've also got a 35mm rise bar, which is great. Highest rise I could find at the time of purchase. Curious about even a 40 or 45 mm rise bar instead. I prefer the 9° back-sweep, 5° up-sweep of the Chromag bar versus others that are 8 and 6. Would love a slightly taller head-tube on the S5 and longer steerer tube on the 38 so you could play with bar height more easily without buying new stem/bars. Thanks for the input from everyone else who's experimented with stem length.

notsoenduro wrote:
Hi all I just picked up an S3 2022 Enduro Expert ..wayyy to much bike for me but what a lovely weapon. I'm 175shh / 75kgs.

Annoyingly the rear Fox Float X2 Performance only has the Low speed Compression and Rebound adjustments, and not the High speed settings. Its Specialized's own Rx Trail Tune. There is no information online on how to set it up based on this tune. I've gone 30% sag. Any feedback from others would be really helpful since not much online from Fox or Specialized. (the bike isn't listed on Specialized suspension settings).

Any other tips from current owners? I'm am thinking the stock alloy 35mm stem is too short for the newer 44mm fork offsets. So wondering if I matchy matchy the 42mm OneUp stem to the carbon bars then that could be worth balancing up how long this bike is (seat will come forward).

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 20:17 Quote
Hmm... I am on the small side for an s4 so i started with a 32 and i like it. But I tend to ride over the front more like a motocross bike, and I actually have been trying to get away from that because my last bike had a 50mm stem (stevo) - i am reminding myself i can ride more naturally (for me) now and it's working

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 3:59 Quote
This is great advice. exactly what I'm after! its only mm, but Spec geometry has the fork offset at 46mm (with a 50mm stem) where Fox's offset is actually 44mm... i'm keen to try the newer OneUp 42mm stem and maybe that helps get the S3 feeling a bit more right. I've not played around with spacers, so will try to lift those up by one at the first instance.

kurt2 wrote:
With such a slack head tube angle, it's important to remember that your "effective" stem length depends upon how high you have it on your steerer tube. You raise it up a few spacers, you also just pulled your bars back a few millimeters too.

I've got the stock 50 mm on my S5 at max height. Curious about trying a 40 or maybe even a 35. I'd wait till a shuttle day when I can borrow one from a buddy's bin before buying and do the same run back to back a couple times. I've also got a 35mm rise bar, which is great. Highest rise I could find at the time of purchase. Curious about even a 40 or 45 mm rise bar instead. I prefer the 9° back-sweep, 5° up-sweep of the Chromag bar versus others that are 8 and 6. Would love a slightly taller head-tube on the S5 and longer steerer tube on the 38 so you could play with bar height more easily without buying new stem/bars. Thanks for the input from everyone else who's experimented with stem length.

notsoenduro wrote:

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
notsoenduro wrote:

Hi all ,
for two month , i ride the enduro 2022 S3 , 174cm / 80 kg (full equiped) , X2 settings : 240psi , (clicks from fully closed ) LSC = 10 , LSR = 7 , if it can help you !!

new bike day may 2022
new bike day !! may 2022

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:33 Quote
Hi all, I've had the 2021 Spec' Enduro for over a year now. I'm 185lbs (84 kgs) and run the X2 at 245 psi with no spacers. The thing is I'm not sure it gets all the travel of the shaft, I find the last 8mm or so are really like bottom out stops and it never goes past them. Furthermore when I take all the air out of the shock and compress it, it still leaves that 8mm and can't compress further. Any thoughts on why it's like that and is it "normal"?
Thanks.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 21:49 Quote
Yep that’s normal.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:14 Quote
amirh1 wrote:
Hi all, I've had the 2021 Spec' Enduro for over a year now. I'm 185lbs (84 kgs) and run the X2 at 245 psi with no spacers. The thing is I'm not sure it gets all the travel of the shaft, I find the last 8mm or so are really like bottom out stops and it never goes past them. Furthermore when I take all the air out of the shock and compress it, it still leaves that 8mm and can't compress further. Any thoughts on why it's like that and is it "normal"?
Thanks.
the enduro uses a 205x60 shock, which is really a 205x65mm shock with a travel limiter. Because of that you’re going to have 5mm if shaft that does not get used.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
amirh1 wrote:
Thanks.

The bottom outline is basically flush with the bottom of the big letter k at the kashima logo

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
[/Quote]the enduro uses a 205x60 shock, which is really a 205x65mm shock with a travel limiter. Because of that you’re going to have 5mm if shaft that does not get used.[/Quote]

As others have done, you can also remove the spacer and up your travel on the Enduro. There is enough room for the rear wheel with a 65mm stroke shock.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 17:28 Quote
rugbyred wrote:
the enduro uses a 205x60 shock, which is really a 205x65mm shock with a travel limiter. Because of that you’re going to have 5mm if shaft that does not get used.[/Quote]

As others have done, you can also remove the spacer and up your travel on the Enduro. There is enough room for the rear wheel with a 65mm stroke shock.[/Quote]

Gives you 180mm rear travel?

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 4:45 Quote
Just got done putting all the parts on my brand new frame here, and I'm sorta worried about the sounds coming from the X2 when cycling the suspension. Kinda sounds like someone left it at the beach for too long and sand got lodged in places where it shouldnt.

Is it supposed to sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/P0elV_-Veog

Thanks

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008110
Mobile Version of Website