2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 6:25 Quote
Or just bite the cash bullet and get Push!

jaydawg69 wrote:
happening with all sorts of Fox rear shocks on different bikes.... RS way more reliable

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 7:04 Quote
torj wrote:

jaydawg69 wrote:
happening with all sorts of Fox rear shocks on different bikes.... RS way more reliable

Is the Push really bombproof?

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 7:34 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
torj wrote:

jaydawg69 wrote:

Is the Push really bombproof?

no shocks are bombproof, you still need to service them

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
torj wrote:

jaydawg69 wrote:

Having had both Push 11-6 and EXT Storia on my Stumpjumper EVO skip Push and buy EXT. EXT's service is way better than Push.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
I've been running an EXT Storia for over a year. Had it serviced once recently - been super reliable and feels amazing. So yes, there are shocks out there that last much longer

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
RS Superdelxue
Fox Float X
Fox DHX

These shocks are all super reliable. RS is super easy to service. Push and Ext look nice but $$$.

I’ve tried a lot of shocks over the years and my performance Fox Float X is just as good as anything I’ve used.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
p2rida wrote:
I've been running an EXT Storia for over a year. Had it serviced once recently - been super reliable and feels amazing. So yes, there are shocks out there that last much longer

Ok thx.
Its my 3rd X2 that blown up. Thx to trunnion.

Im lucky that i've got a spare X2 at home.

Maybe i change to an EXT. That i only need to build out when it needs a service.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 22:31 Quote
I’m 5’11 and am on the s4 and it just feels huge in terms of handling. Any tips on making it feel a bit more manageable?

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
For sure. I currently have a herniated disc so I can’t do a ton till later in the summer when I’m done with PT so I’d rather not spend all that money rn. Next year will probably be new bike year.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 6:53 Quote
greenieboygreen wrote:
I’m 5’11 and am on the s4 and it just feels huge in terms of handling. Any tips on making it feel a bit more manageable?

A 32mm stem and run it high/neutral. I am now on an S4 Enduro coming from an s3 stevo. Only 5'9" and I'm actually getting along with it quite well with the short stem

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
greenieboygreen wrote:

A 32mm stem and run it high/neutral. I am now on an S4 Enduro coming from an s3 stevo. Only 5'9" and I'm actually getting along with it quite well with the short stem

I think running it in the low setting will shorten the reach a bit... slam your seat forward and use wider bars.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
NMK187 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
greenieboygreen wrote:

I think running it in the low setting will shorten the reach a bit... slam your seat forward and use wider bars.

It will shorten the reach, but the bike won't feel as nimble if that makes sense

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 7:15 Quote
greenieboygreen wrote:

If you’re using bars with a high rise, swap for low rise bars and steerer tube spacers. So if you currently have a 30mm rise bar, swap for 10mm rise and 20mm of stem spacers - You will maintain a similar stack but lose reach.

From an Enduro Magazine article on mullets - “… if your bike has a 65° head angle, a quick calculation tells us that for every 10mm spacer you add or remove, the stem moves 9.06mm vertically, but also around 4.22mm on horizontal plane.”

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 19:41 Quote
I always feel like wider bars make the bike feel way bigger because it takes more arm length to reach the grips.

NMK187 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
greenieboygreen wrote:

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012116
Mobile Version of Website