2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 0:51 Quote
Selling ext fitting the wnduro in europe if anyone is interested.

If there a re warranty claims i will help.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
If anyone is interested in mullet setup i will make a good deal on my WRP Mullet Yoke and EX511 rear wheel

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
You guys sold your enduros?

Which bike dou you've got now?

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

RM Altitude

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

RM Altitude

good bike aye Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 11:19 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

RM Altitude

good bike aye Wink

Such a sick bike. cant match the enduro plushness but superior in pretty much every other situation for me.

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 14:52 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

RM Altitude

good bike aye Wink

Such a sick bike. cant match the enduro plushness but superior in pretty much every other situation for me.

People dont realise how good the Altitude actually is untill they get to ride one, Shame they are really expensive.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a used 2020 Specialized Enduro(from a dealer). It would likely be too much bike for what I ride 70% of the time, but from the reviews I've read, it is supposed to pedal really well. How does the bike do in technical climbing situations, on more mellow trails, or on trails with lots of ups and downs(punchy climbs)?

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
It’s a pig on rolling trails/punchy climbs. Probably not what you want if it’s too much 70% of the time. It’s best suited to pedaling up a fire road for an hr and then bombing down.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
MOmidwestshred wrote:
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a used 2020 Specialized Enduro(from a dealer). It would likely be too much bike for what I ride 70% of the time, but from the reviews I've read, it is supposed to pedal really well. How does the bike do in technical climbing situations, on more mellow trails, or on trails with lots of ups and downs(punchy climbs)?

It actually does really well with a little bit of extra LSC and some faster rolling tires. I have beat all my UPHILL times on it compared to my older Trek Slash and the stumpy evo I had. For one bike, it's pretty good. Unless you are wanting to race xc, I think it's just fine on mellower trails. Tires are going to make a huge difference, though. Nothing is going to feel quick with DH compounds

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
MOmidwestshred wrote:

It actually does really well with a little bit of extra LSC and some faster rolling tires. I have beat all my UPHILL times on it compared to my older Trek Slash and the stumpy evo I had. For one bike, it's pretty good. Unless you are wanting to race xc, I think it's just fine on mellower trails. Tires are going to make a huge difference, though. Nothing is going to feel quick with DH compounds

Agree 100%. Even with mullet mine pedals great. Some extra LSC, and sensible tires. I’m running the new butchers with tannus inserts. 182cm on an S3. I’m on the east coast of Canada which has barely any elevation change, but lots of rocky jank and the initial rearward axle path feels great on the short, punchy technical climbs here.
If you’re throwing dh casing / inserts, coil front and back and have the suspension setup to ride like a sofa then yeh it’s going to feel like a barge, but the same could be said for most bikes.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 5:03 Quote
You have to keep in mind that yes, it pedals well for a 170 travel bike. There’s much better one bike options out there. I’ve been there done that. A bike like a sentinel is probably much better suited if you like to rip and only can have one. That being said, any bike can be fast.

I feel like a lot of people are just explaining to themselves why it’s okay to have the enduro as a single bike even if they live in low elevation areas which I find mind boggling. No offense.

I think part of this comes down to the under/over biking debate which I’m in the under camp. Just know that on the enduro forum you’re gonna get a lot of confirmation bias and almost everyone will be in the over bike camp. If that’s what you want to hear you’ve came to the right place.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 6:03 Quote
sophisticatedhonky wrote:
You have to keep in mind that yes, it pedals well for a 170 travel bike. There’s much better one bike options out there. I’ve been there done that. A bike like a sentinel is probably much better suited if you like to rip and only can have one. That being said, any bike can be fast.

I feel like a lot of people are just explaining to themselves why it’s okay to have the enduro as a single bike even if they live in low elevation areas which I find mind boggling. No offense.

I think part of this comes down to the under/over biking debate which I’m in the under camp. Just know that on the enduro forum you’re gonna get a lot of confirmation bias and almost everyone will be in the over bike camp. If that’s what you want to hear you’ve came to the right place.

No offense taken. I completely understand what you're saying and I am planning on buying an epic Evo as well. However I am saying that I've had a lot of other bikes with shorter travel and this thing doesn't give anything up to them pedaling wise just because of the advances in kinematics. I definitely want to lose the weight for these long distance races, but if you can only afford one bike I think it's better to be overbiked. It only takes one bad decision to break a short travel bike

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
Thank you. Ksilvey, you said you had a Trek Slsh what model year was that? I was looking at a 2020 Slash as well and thought that Trek bikes were very quick uphill.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 7:28 Quote
MOmidwestshred wrote:
Thank you. Ksilvey, you said you had a Trek Slsh what model year was that? I was looking at a 2020 Slash as well and thought that Trek bikes were very quick uphill.

I had a 2019. It was lighter and pedaled just as well. The key difference is in steeper climbs. The Trek requires consciously putting more weight over the front to keep from doing wheelies. I would say I think the enduro carries speed across bumps better and definitely has more in reserve for big hits, but that slash is a really good bike. More playful and on the right trails it's definitely better, especially for flowy jump trails.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008665
Mobile Version of Website