2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 19:19 Quote
Is that much different from a long sleeve jersey? Seems like you could do a wash in waterproofing like nikwax. Could be good enough to handle the rain in a pinch.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 19:36 Quote
What’s the over / under on whether a new Enduro is coming this year?

Looks like Spesh is on a 3-4 year cycle with consistent mid August release dates.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 21:13 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:

Looks like Spesh is on a 3-4 year cycle with consistent mid August release dates.

haven't heard/seen any leaks out in the field but some suspension tweaks on Vital.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 23:25 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:
I haven't tried the low position since I am not sure that I will have enough clearance with the 65 shock.

I'm got it in low with 65mm shock with no problems.

Thanks! I will give it a try.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:

haven't heard/seen any leaks out in the field but some suspension tweaks on Vital.

Yeah my gut is that it’s probably a next year thing

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
Has anyone had any success getting a Float X2 rebuilt under warranty? Mine started squelching off the top after landing a jump today. It’s less than 6 months old and the bike was down for over a month while I waited for a warranty frame.

I suspect a super deluxe or EXT is in my future.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 1:09 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Has anyone had any success getting a Float X2 rebuilt under warranty? Mine started squelching off the top after landing a jump today. It’s less than 6 months old and the bike was down for over a month while I waited for a warranty frame.

My X2 is getting his 6th warranty full rebuild.

So shouldnt be a problem.

But, is the super deluxe better?

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 1:46 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
Nobble wrote:

the SDU is like a workhorse, Its not as tuneable but has the megneg ability.

Ive ran both on the same bike - its easier to get the x2 dialled in and feeling awesome but ive also had it rebuilt 2 times for warranty.
the SDU is more straight forward but when adding megneg can take a bit of fiddling to get it feeling spot on.

I've recently ridden a friends bike with the new 2023 SDU... if it has the reliability of the older one then its the best air shock on the market 100%

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 3:40 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Ive ran both on the same bike - its easier to get the x2 dialled in and feeling awesome but ive also had it rebuilt 2 times for warranty.
the SDU is more straight forward but when adding megneg can take a bit of fiddling to get it feeling spot on.

I've recently ridden a friends bike with the new 2023 SDU... if it has the reliability of the older one then its the best air shock on the market 100%

Thx!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
I’m thinking 2023 Super Deluxe Coil with HBO

Maybe do a smashpot conversion in the 38 later.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
jojotherider1977 wrote:
Kind of a random question but here goes. What jacket are people stuffing into the swat box? I see it mentioned often when digging around ye olde internet. When the rains eventually come it seems like a good idea for those pnw forecasts calling for rain and blue skies.

I picked up the Spesh trail SWAT jacket, fits really well in the frame and is a good jacket, did really well in a rain storm over the winter.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
is someone running a CaneCreek Kitsuma coil in the Spesh enduro? Will it fit?

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Couple weeks in on a '23 SDU air and I totally agree. This shock confirms what I've heard from Spesh guys and a pro who rides this frame: it works really well with an air shock. The SDU nearly matches traction of my Ohlins ttx coil while making the bike much more fun to ride. Pretty blown away tbh, and I don't even have the hydraulic bottom out version. Been riding the linear can and have only added one pos spacer--otherwise very close to the recommended settings.

The only thing I might consider changing is moving to the progressive rebound tune, but that's more out of curiosity than anything.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

No issues at all. You can even run it with the spacer removed and have a 65mm stroke shock.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
rugbyred wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

No issues at all. You can even run it with the spacer removed and have a 65mm stroke shock.

THX! Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006624
Mobile Version of Website