2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 15:58 Quote
Jabber127 wrote:

Couple weeks in on a '23 SDU air and I totally agree. This shock confirms what I've heard from Spesh guys and a pro who rides this frame: it works really well with an air shock. The SDU nearly matches traction of my Ohlins ttx coil while making the bike much more fun to ride. Pretty blown away tbh, and I don't even have the hydraulic bottom out version. Been riding the linear can and have only added one pos spacer--otherwise very close to the recommended settings.

The only thing I might consider changing is moving to the progressive rebound tune, but that's more out of curiosity than anything.

Did you copy base settings for SDU from Specialized suspension setup site for the X2?

Rockshox doesn't seem to have recommended settings for 23 SDU on their trailhead site yet.

I just ordered a 23 SDU to replace my 4 month old blown X2. Hopefully riding it this weekend.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
Jabber127 wrote:

Couple weeks in on a '23 SDU air and I totally agree. This shock confirms what I've heard from Spesh guys and a pro who rides this frame: it works really well with an air shock. The SDU nearly matches traction of my Ohlins ttx coil while making the bike much more fun to ride. Pretty blown away tbh, and I don't even have the hydraulic bottom out version. Been riding the linear can and have only added one pos spacer--otherwise very close to the recommended settings.

The only thing I might consider changing is moving to the progressive rebound tune, but that's more out of curiosity than anything.

Did you copy base settings for SDU from Specialized suspension setup site for the X2?

Rockshox doesn't seem to have recommended settings for 23 SDU on their trailhead site yet.

I just ordered a 23 SDU to replace my 4 month old blown X2. Hopefully riding it this weekend.

I was able to get my serial to work on the trailhead desktop site, not on mobile though. For damping I started in the middle and have backed off 1 HSC and 1 LSC. I'm 1 click off the recommended rebound.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
Hey guys,

I am trying to find a custom decal kit for my enduro s-works frameset. I already contacted stikrd, but so far no luck. Do you know anybody else who makes custom decals?

Cheers

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

I am trying to find a custom decal kit for my enduro s-works frameset. I already contacted stikrd, but so far no luck. Do you know anybody else who makes custom decals?

Cheers

Good luck getting stikrd to get back to you. been there, done that. My wife actually made me some with her cricut vinyl cutter. just downloaded the logo and blew it up to size.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:11 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22796288/

and yes, i have xc tires on it in this picture. we have a class at local xc races specifically for enduro bikes lol. it's fun

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 17:03 Quote
Can anyone confirm that a 205x62.5 shock will clear in the low and the high settings?

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Can anyone confirm that a 205x62.5 shock will clear in the low and the high settings?

Yep

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Yep
sweet, I’ll stay in low then.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 22:25 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

Good luck getting stikrd to get back to you. been there, done that. My wife actually made me some with her cricut vinyl cutter. just downloaded the logo and blew it up to size.

Yep, it is been a week since I contacted them.. Thats why I am trying to find the other options.

Your enduro looking good, but I am not sure where I should source material..

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
Those who have blown their X2 did you go through Specialized Rider Care, your local Specialized shop, or Fox for warranty replacement/rebuild?

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:28 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

https://nldesigns.eu/product/specialized-enduro-frame-decals/

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
Those who have blown their X2 did you go through Specialized Rider Care, your local Specialized shop, or Fox for warranty replacement/rebuild?

Send it to Fox yourself for the fastest turnaround:

https://www.ridefox.com/rarequest.php?m=bike

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
phanou13 wrote:
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

https://nldesigns.eu/product/specialized-enduro-frame-decals/

Thanks man! I found it earlier this morning after 3rd round of googling. They already get back to me which is super cool.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 15:17 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

Yep, it is been a week since I contacted them.. Thats why I am trying to find the other options.

Your enduro looking good, but I am not sure where I should source material..

You can order "permanent" (it's not) vinyl on amazon or just go to a local sign shop. Have them use google images to get the logo, then just measure the letter height on your bike and if you offset them just a little like a drop-shadow, then they don't have to be perfect to look good

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

https://nldesigns.eu/

I got custom decals for my enduro from this guy and highly recommend him

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007237
Mobile Version of Website