2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
jaame wrote:
What grey is it? The two-tone S Works or the concrete grey Specialized?

Its just one grey...mid to dark grey...with a hue of blue I would say.

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
S Works or Specialized?

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 12:17 Quote
Eviljarv wrote:
I finally got to run my 21 S-Works with the Williams Racing Mullet link while on vacation in Idaho, got it a few months ago but being from Phoenix it was too damn hot to ride. Most of the riding was done in Tamarack and Brundage for anyone that's familiar with the area.

First impressions are very positive, bike seems more agile and willing to change directions than full 29er setup and a lot more balanced in the air imo. If it got hung up more on big square edge hits and rocks than 29 it was such a small amount that I couldn't tell while the quicker steering and nimble feel were very noticeable to me but I'm an intermediate rider imo and 5'10" 150lbs so take that into consideration.
I've been riding it as a full 29er for a year previously and while I liked the bike I never fully clicked with it and I was thinking about getting something else but after this weekend I really enjoyed the bike that most likely I will be keeping it and will stay as a mullet full time most likely.

Rear wheel was built identical to my 29 wheelset to isolate any difference in feel to the size of the rim and nothing else, Onyx Vesper hubs with Ibis S28 carbon rims and Berd spokes. Suspension wise I'm running an Avalanche tuned Bomber CR and an Avalanche Fox 38 with Hybrid Coil damper and once I get back home the shock will go back to him to remove the spacer so I can run it as a 65 stroke to make it around 180mm travel and will be changing fork travel to 180mm also. My Enduro is mainly my park/shuttle bike so after that it should be able to handle anything I'm willing to ride with ease.

Any questions feel free to ask and once I get more miles I'll update this but so far I'm really happy with how the bike is setup as a mullet.

Thx for the insight.

I dont know if i should buy one, because for how long the frame will be crack free?

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 12:37 Quote
jaame wrote:
S Works or Specialized?

He broke S-works to begin with… S-Works replacement of course!

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
Eviljarv wrote:
I finally got to run my 21 S-Works with the Williams Racing Mullet link while on vacation in Idaho, got it a few months ago but being from Phoenix it was too damn hot to ride. Most of the riding was done in Tamarack and Brundage for anyone that's familiar with the area.

First impressions are very positive, bike seems more agile and willing to change directions than full 29er setup and a lot more balanced in the air imo. If it got hung up more on big square edge hits and rocks than 29 it was such a small amount that I couldn't tell while the quicker steering and nimble feel were very noticeable to me but I'm an intermediate rider imo and 5'10" 150lbs so take that into consideration.
I've been riding it as a full 29er for a year previously and while I liked the bike I never fully clicked with it and I was thinking about getting something else but after this weekend I really enjoyed the bike that most likely I will be keeping it and will stay as a mullet full time most likely.

Rear wheel was built identical to my 29 wheelset to isolate any difference in feel to the size of the rim and nothing else, Onyx Vesper hubs with Ibis S28 carbon rims and Berd spokes. Suspension wise I'm running an Avalanche tuned Bomber CR and an Avalanche Fox 38 with Hybrid Coil damper and once I get back home the shock will go back to him to remove the spacer so I can run it as a 65 stroke to make it around 180mm travel and will be changing fork travel to 180mm also. My Enduro is mainly my park/shuttle bike so after that it should be able to handle anything I'm willing to ride with ease.

Any questions feel free to ask and once I get more miles I'll update this but so far I'm really happy with how the bike is setup as a mullet.

Thx for the insight.

I dont know if i should buy one, because for how long the frame will be crack free?

I'm not worried about it cracking, been riding it for over a year and so far no issues. In a forum you are always going to hear more issues that makes it sound worse, most people don't come here to say everything is ok so I bet thatp for every cracked frame there is a few hundred out there with no issues but that's just me

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 22:09 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
Eviljarv wrote:

Thx for the insight.

It’s a very, very good bike.

I’d say it’s easily on par with the new Megatower and it was designed 3 years before it. Norco Range smashes better but will drain your tanks climbing. After riding both for a bit I’m back on and enduro and very stoked about it. Enduro pedals leagues better that the Range and is very close when pointed down. Megatower V2 is a fantastic bike but very, very close to the Enduro and the Enduro just fits me better.

Keep in mind the perspective here is skewed heavily toward folks with issues, and a lot of folks own this bike. Sounds like warranty turnaround is back to realistic pre-pandemic timelines, so that safety net is back online.

I’d say go for it, but keep in mind the new one will be out in a years time so resale will likely take a big hit.

Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
[Quote="Blownoutrides"][Quote="Hamburgi"]
Eviljarv wrote:
I finally got to run my 21 S-Works with the Williams Racing Mullet link

I’d say go for it, but keep in mind the new one will be out in a years time so resale will likely take a big hit.

I'm super happy with the Enduro. I've gone trough 3 different bike brands in 11/2 half year.

If the Enduro doesnt crack anymore i will ride the shit out of this bike. Im so sick to change every year my bike... i've done this before, but i think its so stupid. Im rather spending my money in a good suspension and suspension tuning. This bike performs so well for me, no need for fancy high pivot shit, etc.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 8:09 Quote
tyflymtb wrote:
Wondering if the warranty frames have been coming with a shock? I have a normal frame but they are upgrading me to sworks for free. Expecting frame end of this month

No new shock with mine, but did have new headset.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
kurt2 wrote:
tyflymtb wrote:
Wondering if the warranty frames have been coming with a shock? I have a normal frame but they are upgrading me to sworks for free. Expecting frame end of this month

No new shock with mine, but did have new headset.

Odd, i spoke to my local specialized shop owner and he said every frame should come with a shock. Wonder if your LBS pocket the warranty shock and tell you it came with nothing?

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
Warranty frames will not come with a shock. Crash replacement frames will come with a shock.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
I think the idea of the LBS stripping the shock out is pretty bogus. Not only would I never expect that of any shop, but it could affect their relationship with specialized. They have every reason not to do something like that and we have no reason to suggest they would.

I would be, errr… shocked.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 9:34 Quote
I think the confusion on shock/no-shock for warranty frames is likely related to supply chain stuff. Seems like warranty frames that went out in the early days of the pandemic were just Sworks frames with shocks that were diverted from retail. Looks like supply is back online and specialized now has dedicated shock-less warranty frames they are sending out.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Why would a warranty frame include a new shock? By definition of a warranty you are getting a replacement for a defective part. If your frame cracked (not by a crash) and they are replacing it for free why would they give you a new shock? They are ONLY replacing the defective part.

Crash replacement you are paying 35% off retail price of a frame. That cost INCLUDES the shock.

Crash replacement frames and warranty frames are not the same.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
My warranty frame came with a shock

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Dang, well obviously my reasoning is wrong. I guess it really depends. My LBS told me warranty frames won’t come with a shock.

Getting a free replacement frame plus a new shock is a score if they let you keep your old shock. They are giving you a nice $800 shock fo free.

My crash replacement came with a shock but I also got to keep my old frame and old shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.058122
Mobile Version of Website