2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 5:38 Quote
I have received my replacement frame in XL in about a month.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
Like I said, my replacement should also be there next week (3 weeks since I informed the dealer), but he told me, that there are only a few replacement frames left and the next will be available in September 2023.

Have any of you tried having the bearing seat reworked/reinforced by an external company?

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
19flo09 wrote:

Have any of you tried having the bearing seat reworked/reinforced by an external company?

I don't know why anyone would do this, Spec has been getting people replacements with minimal issues, doing that would fully void the warranty

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
19flo09 wrote:
Like I said, my replacement should also be there next week (3 weeks since I informed the dealer), but he told me, that there are only a few replacement frames left and the next will be available in September 2023.

I had contact with one here in Switzerland.

He said he doesnt want to do it. Because its such a critical area, if something happens, yeah you know...

Someone in spain is doing some crazy repair stuff on carbon frames.

https://instagram.com/carbono_pro?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
If youre having an issue with warranty is it possible to have them swap for an Evo frame instead of another Enduro frame?

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
singleandluvinit wrote:
If youre having an issue with warranty is it possible to have them swap for an Evo frame instead of another Enduro frame?

Somebody did this in the facebook group...

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 8:49 Quote

Interesting, looks like you have the matte/blk white SW replacement frame. The carbon layup in the bearing seat looks the same as my '20 and '21 frames, where you can see the carbon weave. On my purple '22 frame the weave isn't visible, it's just flat black. I'll try and get a pic up here next time I pull the headset

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:

Interesting, looks like you have the matte/blk white SW replacement frame. The carbon layup in the bearing seat looks the same as my '20 and '21 frames, where you can see the carbon weave. On my purple '22 frame the weave isn't visible, it's just flat black. I'll try and get a pic up here next time I pull the headset

would be very interesting so see and yes, it’s the matte black SW replacement frame

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 4:31 Quote
hello my fox x2 is dead.
I take what air or spring?
and what shock absorber
thank you

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 5:04 Quote
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
and what shock absorber
thank you
Air or Spring is up to you depending on what your preference is, but I would go with one of the new Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate’s.

I have the coil one with hydraulic bottom out and have been very impressed.

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 6:46 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
and what shock absorber
thank you
Air or Spring is up to you depending on what your preference is, but I would go with one of the new Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate’s.

I have the coil one with hydraulic bottom out and have been very impressed.

I hesitate between the ohlins ttx air and coil, the new super deluxe ultimate (coil)

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
and what shock absorber
thank you

I ran the factory x2 and now a push 11-6.
Here's my take.
If you are riding all around uphill and downhill I would stick with the x2. When set up correctly its really nice.
The 11-6 I would only run a coil if I were bike park or downhill only.

I was surprised how nice the x2 was when compared to the 11-6.

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
and what shock absorber
thank you

I ran the factory x2 and now a push 11-6.
Here's my take.
If you are riding all around uphill and downhill I would stick with the x2. When set up correctly its really nice.
The 11-6 I would only run a coil if I were bike park or downhill only.

I was surprised how nice the x2 was when compared to the 11-6.

the fox x2 is not reliable over time (all the time in repair) but otherwise it is vert good.
But I'd rather try something else reliable

And what is the 11-6?

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
Www.pushindustries.com

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 12:25 Quote
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
and what shock absorber
thank you

Ohlins TTX22M coil is so good…

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015234
Mobile Version of Website