O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
I take what air or spring?
and what shock absorber
thank you

I ran the factory x2 and now a push 11-6.
Here's my take.
If you are riding all around uphill and downhill I would stick with the x2. When set up correctly its really nice.
The 11-6 I would only run a coil if I were bike park or downhill only.

I was surprised how nice the x2 was when compared to the 11-6.

Same experience

Being in CO I didn't think the 11-6 was worth it for the variety of riding on hand (including having a bike park near my house). I managed to race with the 11-6 and tbh it just performed much better on the x2 esp when putting power down, I ended up running light trail tires in the rear just to get some slip in the rear

The composure on the downhill from the coil vs the adjustable bottom out resistance/push back on the x2 the juice wasn't worth the expensive squeeze.

It was pretty to look at the 11-6 on the bike tho, work of CNC art

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
j6y wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
I take what air or spring?
and what shock absorber
thank you

I ran the factory x2 and now a push 11-6.
Here's my take.
If you are riding all around uphill and downhill I would stick with the x2. When set up correctly its really nice.
The 11-6 I would only run a coil if I were bike park or downhill only.

I was surprised how nice the x2 was when compared to the 11-6.

Same experience

Being in CO I didn't think the 11-6 was worth it for the variety of riding on hand (including having a bike park near my house). I managed to race with the 11-6 and tbh it just performed much better on the x2 esp when putting power down, I ended up running light trail tires in the rear just to get some slip in the rear

The composure on the downhill from the coil vs the adjustable bottom out resistance/push back on the x2 the juice wasn't worth the expensive squeeze.

It was pretty to look at the 11-6 on the bike tho, work of CNC art
the new rockshox coil is half the price of a push and has adjustable hydraulic bottom out.

My float X2 was good but shit the bed like 10 rides.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 16:06 Quote
Nobble wrote:
the new rockshox coil is half the price of a push and has adjustable hydraulic bottom out.

A Push shock is not remotely the same as an 'off the shelf' rockshox unit, its tuned/valved for the bikes leverage etc huge difference..

Sure the X2 has had issues and so has the enduro, the previous gen X2 didn't have the same failure rate but it also wasn't released in a global pandemic.

Reliability is questionable on most things these days following all that nonsense

Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 17:27 Quote
j6y wrote:
Nobble wrote:

A Push shock is not remotely the same as an 'off the shelf' rockshox unit, its tuned/valved for the bikes leverage etc huge difference..

Sure the X2 has had issues and so has the enduro, the previous gen X2 didn't have the same failure rate but it also wasn't released in a global pandemic.

Reliability is questionable on most things these days following all that nonsense
I’m well aware what goes into a push shock.

As much as push wants to tell you otherwise, on most bikes a stock tune will offer 95% of the performance that a custom tune will, and 99% of riders wont even notice. Spring rate and bottom out control (via volume reducers or hydraulic means) are far more important than the damper tune.

Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 0:27 Quote
Good stats. Probably accurate.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 6:54 Quote
TTX22M on my bike has been bulletproof, have had 2 Fox X2s through 3 rebuilds on my enduro and I get 50-100 miles on them before they need rebuild, thats just ridiculous. Ohlins front and rear is actually amazing, everyone is skeptical of the forks but my RXF38m.2 is way better than the Fox 38 and Zeb I have had on this same bike.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 11:58 Quote
Should I buy a nicely kept 2020 Enduro for $1800 or should I spend a few more bucks and go with a 2022 norco range for $1000 more. They are both in mint condition. That pressfit on the norco is bothering me but with less miles and great reviews, that norco looks tempting.

Please choose for me. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
no1000 wrote:
Should I buy a nicely kept 2020 Enduro for $1800 or should I spend a few more bucks and go with a 2022 norco range for $1000 more. They are both in mint condition. That pressfit on the norco is bothering me.

I've not ridden a Norco Range but depending on where you're riding and what you're riding would be a big deciding factor, for me the high pivot isn't worth the maintenance of the horrible pedal efficiency (a friend mentioned the latter to me after riding one for a few days).

I did around 3k on my enduro, racing, park, high country, winter riding and it didn't need a single bearing and I couldn't fault it really.

The Pressfit would put me off also, the enduro is a stella bike

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
j6y wrote:
no1000 wrote:
Should I buy a nicely kept 2020 Enduro for $1800 or should I spend a few more bucks and go with a 2022 norco range for $1000 more. They are both in mint condition. That pressfit on the norco is bothering me.

I've not ridden a Norco Range but depending on where you're riding and what you're riding would be a big deciding factor, for me the high pivot isn't worth the maintenance of the horrible pedal efficiency (a friend mentioned the latter to me after riding one for a few days).

I did around 3k on my enduro, racing, park, high country, winter riding and it didn't need a single bearing and I couldn't fault it really.

The Pressfit would put me off also, the enduro is a stella bike

Thanks, I have a bunch of threaded BB's and saving $1000 sounds nice too. That norco does look quite nice. haha

Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 18:49 Quote
no1000 wrote:
Should I buy a nicely kept 2020 Enduro for $1800 or should I spend a few more bucks and go with a 2022 norco range for $1000 more. They are both in mint condition. That pressfit on the norco is bothering me but with less miles and great reviews, that norco looks tempting.

I wouldn't recommend a used Enduro. You wont have a warranty, and there are a few common failure points.

It's an awesome bike but I would stay away from second hand unless you're getting a complete for $1800.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
Nobble wrote:
no1000 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend a used Enduro. You wont have a warranty, and there are a few common failure points.

It's an awesome bike but I would stay away from second hand unless you're getting a complete for $1800.

It's not a complete...now you're making me think twice. Maybe I'll just wait for the 2023 fezzari la sal (when it comes out). Life time warranty, 30 days to return

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 20:56 Quote
i bought a used enduro frame. no problems ever. I treat it like shit and it fell off my car. Dont be so afraid of the posts on here.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 23:34 Quote

Looks like I’m joining the club. Replacement should be here December

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
i bought a used enduro frame. no problems ever. I treat it like shit and it fell off my car. Dont be so afraid of the posts on here.

maybe you have not looked at your headset bearing seat Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
Here's an example of the use (abuse?) my Enduro took this weekend. 2000 m of mixed descending through alpine trails and monster-truck lines through bowls and scree. Haven't done a post-ride inspection but the Licorice Hematoma (name of the bike) felt great the next day too. Pardon the edit. Did it entirely on my phone, cropping by drawing rectangles with my thumbs. Footy is from 10-yr old gopro using homemade chest mount with no stabilization. Forgot to put the adhesive mount on my new helmet. Lucky I found the old harness laying about. I love this bike even more now. All this shock talk has me wondering what Santa might bring me........

https://youtu.be/X085kdHkluc

https://youtu.be/X085kdHkluc

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014568
Mobile Version of Website