2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
no1000 wrote:
Should I buy a nicely kept 2020 Enduro for $1800 or should I spend a few more bucks and go with a 2022 norco range for $1000 more. They are both in mint condition. That pressfit on the norco is bothering me but with less miles and great reviews, that norco looks tempting.

Please choose for me. Thanks!

Sold my Enduro and got a Range. Range was a hair better at smashing chunk but a lot worse climbing so after a couple months I sold it and ended up back on another Enduro (which I’m very stoked on). Incidentally the guy I sold the Range to sold his Enduro when he bought it from me. Within a month he’d sold the Range and was on a Stumpy EVO.

Range is a rad bike but requires a special kind of human to live with all that pedaling resistance.

FYI I had one enduro with the failed headset and a cracked shock tunnel. I’ve had 3 others since (don’t ask) and none have had issues. I’d get a new one with a warranty if you can.

If you can find one (and it fits) the new Megatower is a rad bike both up and down. Had one for a hot minute but was just caught right between their sizes so decided to go back to the Enduro which fits like a dream.

Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
kurt2 wrote:
Here's an example of the use (abuse?) my Enduro took this weekend. 2000 m of mixed descending through alpine trails and monster-truck lines through bowls and scree. Haven't done a post-ride inspection but the Licorice Hematoma (name of the bike) felt great the next day too. Pardon the edit. Did it entirely on my phone, cropping by drawing rectangles with my thumbs. Footy is from 10-yr old gopro using homemade chest mount with no stabilization. Forgot to put the adhesive mount on my new helmet. Lucky I found the old harness laying about. I love this bike even more now. All this shock talk has me wondering what Santa might bring me........

https://youtu.be/X085kdHkluc

https://youtu.be/X085kdHkluc

wow awesome location. Where is that? RAD!

Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
no1000 wrote:
Should I buy a nicely kept 2020 Enduro for $1800 or should I spend a few more bucks and go with a 2022 norco range for $1000 more. They are both in mint condition. That pressfit on the norco is bothering me but with less miles and great reviews, that norco looks tempting.

Sold my Enduro and got a Range. Range was a hair better at smashing chunk but a lot worse climbing so after a couple months I sold it and ended up back on another Enduro (which I’m very stoked on). Incidentally the guy I sold the Range to sold his Enduro when he bought it from me. Within a month he’d sold the Range and was on a Stumpy EVO.

Range is a rad bike but requires a special kind of human to live with all that pedaling resistance.

FYI I had one enduro with the failed headset and a cracked shock tunnel. I’ve had 3 others since (don’t ask) and none have had issues. I’d get a new one with a warranty if you can.

If you can find one (and it fits) the new Megatower is a rad bike both up and down. Had one for a hot minute but was just caught right between their sizes so decided to go back to the Enduro which fits like a dream.

Thanks for the advice. The megatower but that price is kinda steep...lifetime warranty though which is nice.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
thats why i dont ride specialized anymore because of Warranty time and replacement. I feel like their frame quality has gone downhill the past 2 years. PIVOT HERE I COME

Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 18:06 Quote
Benoit8 wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:
Benoit8 wrote:
hello my fox x2 is dead.
I take what air or spring?
and what shock absorber
thank you

I ran the factory x2 and now a push 11-6.
Here's my take.
If you are riding all around uphill and downhill I would stick with the x2. When set up correctly its really nice.
The 11-6 I would only run a coil if I were bike park or downhill only.

I was surprised how nice the x2 was when compared to the 11-6.

the fox x2 is not reliable over time (all the time in repair) but otherwise it is vert good.
But I'd rather try something else reliable

And what is the 11-6?

Push industries 11-6
Custom shock tuned to your bike, weight, and riding style

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 4:48 Quote
no1000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
no1000 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend a used Enduro. You wont have a warranty, and there are a few common failure points.

It's an awesome bike but I would stay away from second hand unless you're getting a complete for $1800.

It's not a complete...now you're making me think twice. Maybe I'll just wait for the 2023 fezzari la sal (when it comes out). Life time warranty, 30 days to return

With that logic you may aswell buy a new Enduro frame. That way you'd get your lifetime warranty and not have to wait til 2023.

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
Specialized does offer frame warranty even if you are not the original owner. It is 2 years past the original purchase date. I bought a used Enduro off of PB, cracked it, and now I have an Sworks frame with a lifetime warranty.

https://support.specialized.com/home/warranty/en/warranty-policies/global-warranty-policy

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Specialized does offer frame warranty even if you are not the original owner. It is 2 years past the original purchase date. I bought a used Enduro off of PB, cracked it, and now I have an Sworks frame with a lifetime warranty.

https://support.specialized.com/home/warranty/en/warranty-policies/global-warranty-policy

First thing is correct, that you have 2 years warranty of the original purchase date, but with the new fram you dont have lifetime warranty - still only the 2 years after original purchase date of the first frame (my understanding).

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
Month in, still no new frame. Supposed to be here relatively soon, but no actual date yet.

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
19flo09 wrote:
a-prince wrote:

First thing is correct, that you have 2 years warranty of the original purchase date, but with the new fram you dont have lifetime warranty - still only the 2 years after original purchase date of the first frame (my understanding).

My new frame has a lifetime warranty. This was a crash replacement so it may differ from a manufacturer defect warranty.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
Crash replacement generally carries a new lifetime warranty.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Crash replacement generally carries a new lifetime warranty.

Only in US? I never heard about it in Germany… would be great

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 3:44 Quote
Hi

I'll be sending off the bike for a warranty chainstay replacement. While its pulled apart, wondering if its worth replacing the frame bearings? Any advice and which product to buy (rather than maintenance)? Stock Specialized stuff usually horrible (ie FSA headset)

cheers guys

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 11:07 Quote
notsoenduro wrote:
Hi

I'll be sending off the bike for a warranty chainstay replacement. While its pulled apart, wondering if its worth replacing the frame bearings? Any advice and which product to buy (rather than maintenance)? Stock Specialized stuff usually horrible (ie FSA headset)

cheers guys

Depends where you live but in my experience riding in a super dusty places, 2 years 3,000miles and my bearings were all good. I personally wouldn't touch the frame bearings unless you really need to. As for the headset replace that dust inhaling FSA unit with a CK drop 5.. Set and forget

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 21:51 Quote
If anyone needs a replacement chainstay (smoke gray) or seatstay (carbon raw) give me a holler and I’ll post it up on buy sell.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011431
Mobile Version of Website