2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
Replacement delayed until January. I have the opportunity to get a SJ evo instead. Should I do it? Season here is pretty much over and I don’t plan on riding until April ‘23 to be realistic.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 15:52 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Replacement delayed until January. I have the opportunity to get a SJ evo instead. Should I do it? Season here is pretty much over and I don’t plan on riding until April ‘23 to be realistic.

Just added a StEvo to the quiver set up 170/160 with the cascade link and it absolutely handles and pedals great. Minor amount less plush than Enduro, good amount poppier. Probably 4lbs lighter than enduro (but dropped a cushcore and went lighter on casings to get there).

You can ride all the same stuff. If you’re hitting big drops / hucks the Enduro will have a bit more travel insurance, but if you set up with the cascade LT link and maybe even a shock that has HBO the difference is going to be pretty minor IMHO.

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 20:47 Quote
I've got a SJ Evo and an Enduro. My enduro is set up with a coil and I rode that for two seasons. My Evo has an air shock and I rode that this season. I find the two bikes to be pretty different. The Evo has a much lighter lively feel to it. I love my EVO. I just don't feel the need for the Enduro now a days. It is such a tank of a bike and takes some seriously nasty gnar trails to make it a better choice than the EVO.

The Enduro suspension is the best though. It is insane how plush that bike can be. Totally mutes the trail, which can be a good thing or a bad thing.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 22:51 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:
milesofpain wrote:
Just picked up a used frame and need to put a headset in there. Is there anything worth buying that's cheaper than the Wolf tooth specialized headset ($100)?

There's the FSA that's only $26 but sounds like people have creaking issues with them?

The stock one will probably be fine for Colorado

No dice! The dust we get mine would creak and click every 3-4 rides. The CK didn't creak for 2.5k miles @ 4 days a week riding.

I'd go CK, set and forget

Posted: Nov 8, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
RMWB wrote:

I'll go the other way and say the Enduro gives up very little to the evo. The rear suspension of the evo is lacking if you're in really rough county, fast and/or over 200lbs. Plus, you get a down tube that is very thin and likely to crack at some point.

Overall, I think the Enduro works much better in a wider range of conditions. If you value the downs and want a rugged bike, the Enduro is what you need.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2022 at 4:36 Quote
Hi everyone!
Has anyone tried the new Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil on the Enduro?
Impresionss?
Thanks!!

Posted: Nov 9, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
annderthal wrote:
Hi everyone!
Impresionss?
Thanks!!

I have had it for two seasons. Very happy with it. The shock body did crack at the trunnion mount area but it was covered by warranty in under a week.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
annderthal wrote:
Hi everyone!
Impresionss?
Thanks!!

I did for a very short period, I did not like it more than the float x2 and it sucked compared to the push that replaced it

Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
Do reach adjustment headsets work with the
2022 specialized enduro?

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
Kylerdoan wrote:
2022 specialized enduro?

Nope, the top bearing is too small, it’s fixed.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 20:14 Quote
Kylerdoan wrote:
2022 specialized enduro?

Check out 9.8 slack-R they make a specialized IS42S compatible model

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 3:57 Quote
senorbanana wrote:
Kylerdoan wrote:
2022 specialized enduro?

The Slack-R is an angle adjusting headset and not for reach.

Theory is good but in practice not so much. Mine spins slightly. Not noticeable when riding but sometimes it’s centered and sometimes it isn’t. I’ve spoken to a few other riders who have used one and they had the same issues.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
rugbyred wrote:
senorbanana wrote:
Kylerdoan wrote:
2022 specialized enduro?

The Slack-R is an angle adjusting headset and not for reach.

Theory is good but in practice not so much. Mine spins slightly. Not noticeable when riding but sometimes it’s centered and sometimes it isn’t. I’ve spoken to a few other riders who have used one and they had the same issues.

Ooo sorry read that wrong

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 3:23 Quote
senorbanana wrote:
annderthal wrote:
Hi everyone!
Impresionss?
Thanks!!

I did for a very short period, I did not like it more than the float x2 and it sucked compared to the push that replaced it

Thanks for your comment!
Anyone else??

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
annderthal wrote:
senorbanana wrote:
annderthal wrote:
Hi everyone!
Impresionss?
Thanks!!

Thanks for your comment!
Anyone else??
The new Super Deluxe coil with HBO is probably the best coil shock for the money right now.

I had an extremely negative experience with Cane Creek a while back when my DB Air died in two rides. I would not want to give them my money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.052906
Mobile Version of Website