2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
What is the difference between S-works and regular frames?

Posted: Nov 19, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:

Carbon rocker, and the linkage right below (~1lb lighter), higher spec for the OEM shock.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:

Carbon rocker, and the linkage right below (~1lb lighter), higher spec for the OEM shock.

Thank you!

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
For those running coil shocks, would you mind please sharing the spring-rate (stiffness) of your coil spring and your riding weight? I'm considering a DVO Jade X, but I'm unsure of which coil to start with. Thinking 500 or 550 lb/in. I'm approx 225 lbs ready to ride on my S5. DVO doesn't have a handy quick set up guide like some other manufacturers do (Cane creek, for example). On the stock Fox Float X2, I'm running approx 275 psi.

Anyone know the diam. of the X2 air spring piston head? With that info, a quick Ideal Gas Law (p*V = n*r*T) calc would inform a hooks law spring (F=k*x) calc to get within the spring-rate within the "about right" ball park.

Side note, I know this isn't apples to apples comparison:
On my 2013 Wilson, (8.5" travel via 3.5" stroke shock), a 350 lb/in coil is great, but I'd even consider going a little stiffer.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
kurt2 wrote:
For those running coil shocks, would you mind please sharing the spring-rate (stiffness) of your coil spring and your riding weight? I'm considering a DVO Jade X, but I'm unsure of which coil to start with. Thinking 500 or 550 lb/in. I'm approx 225 lbs ready to ride on my S5. DVO doesn't have a handy quick set up guide like some other manufacturers do (Cane creek, for example). On the stock Fox Float X2, I'm running approx 275 psi.

Anyone know the diam. of the X2 air spring piston head? With that info, a quick Ideal Gas Law (p*V = n*r*T) calc would inform a hooks law spring (F=k*x) calc to get within the spring-rate within the "about right" ball park.

On my 2013 Wilson, (8.5" travel via 3.5" stroke shock), a 350 lb/in coil is great, but I'd even consider going a little stiffer.

I'm 175 lbs, and run a 550lb spring on my '23 RS SDU Coil. Feels great, I could probably get away with a 500lb spring on this shock if I cranked up the HBO, HSC, and preload but I've generally preferred less sag and damping on this bike. I can still bottom the 550lb spring out if I try.

I also had a '22 Fox DHX before, 500lb spring was way too soft, I could bottom it out just hopping around a parking lot.

I think at your weight you'd be looking at a 600-650lb spring depending on the shock/personal preference. TF Tuned and Fox have online calculators for spring rate, I generally find their recommendations to be too soft. This one recommends a 600lb spring for your weight: https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
i'm 98kg ride ready and have a 2021 RS SDU Coil and 600lbs is right for me and my riding style
kurt2 wrote:

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
kurt2 wrote:

I would start with a 550.

I’m 200 + gear and I have a 500 on my new SDU. It’s a hair soft for me, I think 525 would be perfect.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 21:45 Quote
kurt2 wrote:

I weigh about 225 and have been running a 650# spring for a few years. Recently picked up a newly available sprindex and have been liking slightly stiffer than 650#. Shock is EXT Storia

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
Anyone on the inside (dealer) have any recon on the 2023 models? I know some are up on the website, but I’m *really* hoping they offer another Ohlins-spec build. I saw a YouTube clip of what seems to be a factory-mullet build.... https://youtu.be/nr0OwqJYdoI

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
Cantle406 wrote:
Anyone on the inside (dealer) have any recon on the 2023 models? I know some are up on the website, but I’m *really* hoping they offer another Ohlins-spec build. I saw a YouTube clip of what seems to be a factory-mullet build.... https://youtu.be/nr0OwqJYdoI

That looks more like a shop customized that build and shipped it to this kid. Complete with the water bottle, Magura brakes, DT Swiss wheels, very "non Specialized" build

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
looked like it had a wrp mullet link...

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Cantle406 wrote:

That looks more like a shop customized that build and shipped it to this kid. Complete with the water bottle, Magura brakes, DT Swiss wheels, very "non Specialized" build

Kinda figured that was the case, and didn’t really pay attention enough to the details…

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
Thanks folks for sharing your spring stiffness. I got deja vu with this spring-rate conundrum. Went through the same thing with my 2009 XS Trail, bracketing from 600 to 700, but then settling on 650 lbs/in. Guess that means my weight hasn't changed and Specialized has keep the leverage ratio similar. It's interesting to see how bikes of very similar intentions have changed over the years.

Still have an extra shock-yoke for that bike sitting in my spares bin. Anyone needs it, reach out. Fits a DHX5.0

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 2:54 Quote
kurt2 wrote:

180lbs here, Ohlins TTX22M, just put a 550 on it and it gets me a little over 30% SAG, going to try a 600 spring next. With the SD air I'd run around 27% SAG.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
2.5 months, still no warranty frame. They said a couple of weeks at first. Haven't ridden since September Frown

Hopefully it comes before the snow melts.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015496
Mobile Version of Website