2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:05 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
2.5 months, still no warranty frame. They said a couple of weeks at first. Haven't ridden since September Frown

Hopefully it comes before the snow melts.

What! How/why? I got mine in 3 days mid Covid in a small mtn town!

I also purchased another Spec frame direct and that came in 5 days, your LBS should be able to call up their rep and have a solid answer for you that's ridiculous

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:16 Quote
I'm waiting for 3 months already...
They also told me few weeks...maybe a month....and 3 months passed, still no bike.
Frown Frown Frown

cjarrett wrote:
2.5 months, still no warranty frame. They said a couple of weeks at first. Haven't ridden since September Frown

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:44 Quote
New frame inventory coming mid to late Jan, according to my LBS.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 17:45 Quote
kurt2 wrote:
For those running coil shocks, would you mind please sharing the spring-rate (stiffness) of your coil spring and your riding weight? I'm considering a DVO Jade X, but I'm unsure of which coil to start with. Thinking 500 or 550 lb/in. I'm approx 225 lbs ready to ride on my S5. DVO doesn't have a handy quick set up guide like some other manufacturers do (Cane creek, for example). On the stock Fox Float X2, I'm running approx 275 psi.

Anyone know the diam. of the X2 air spring piston head? With that info, a quick Ideal Gas Law (p*V = n*r*T) calc would inform a hooks law spring (F=k*x) calc to get within the spring-rate within the "about right" ball park.

Side note, I know this isn't apples to apples comparison:
On my 2013 Wilson, (8.5" travel via 3.5" stroke shock), a 350 lb/in coil is great, but I'd even consider going a little stiffer.

I just bought an S4 Enduro LTD with the Ohlins coil shock. The spring that came on the bike was way too light. I weigh about 188lbs without gear and the 571lb spring works great. The way I have the shock set up I am getting about 28% sag which for my riding style is just about perfect.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 18:48 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
New frame inventory coming mid to late Jan, according to my LBS.

The blue + gray/black looks awesome IMO

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 18:51 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
They also told me few weeks...maybe a month....and 3 months passed, still no bike.
Frown Frown Frown

cjarrett wrote:

Same boat. 2 warranty frames. Bike has been out of commission longer than it’s been rideable.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
dvp8 wrote:
Caveirex wrote:
Frown Frown Frown

cjarrett wrote:

Same boat. 2 warranty frames. Bike has been out of commission longer than it’s been rideable.

dvp8, cjarrett noticed you both are from Vancouver. Hopefully this just a Vancouver shop problem? Caveirex not sure where you are from.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 10:55 Quote
phoenixnr wrote:
dvp8 wrote:
Caveirex wrote:
Frown Frown Frown

dvp8, cjarrett noticed you both are from Vancouver. Hopefully this just a Vancouver shop problem? Caveirex not sure where you are from.

Western Quebec reporting. Was originally told mid/late November. Mid January is now the expected date for replacement.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
It really depends on the Spec. inventory status. I had warrantied frame within 3 weeks after reporting in middle of the summer. Buddy of mine had his enduro on the maintenance and technician found the crack and reported it in late September and he is still waiting for warranty frame. The same lbs at North Vancouver.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
Portugal...this “problem“ is global Smile Smile Smile
RMWB wrote:
phoenixnr wrote:
dvp8 wrote:

Western Quebec reporting. Was originally told mid/late November. Mid January is now the expected date for replacement.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 21:53 Quote
Is someone running an EXT Storia V3 in the Enduro?

Maybe you can give me some insights...
-pro's and con's

Thx

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
It really depends on the Spec. inventory status. I had warrantied frame within 3 weeks after reporting in middle of the summer. Buddy of mine had his enduro on the maintenance and technician found the crack and reported it in late September and he is still waiting for warranty frame. The same lbs at North Vancouver.

Comor in N.Van? That's who I'm waiting on, will give them another call today. Sadly, they have/had an S5 Enduro on the showroom floor, wish they just gave me that frame.

I had a great time on the bike up until this, I was told I had the first S5 in Canada in 2019 and has been a stud ever since. Looking forward to the new frame, I'll probably ride it for another 2 years at least.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

-pro's and con's

Thx

I am, it's awesome. Can't come up with any cons aside from deciding to have EXT stiffen the tune up a bit when I had it rebuilt - hard to even call it a con. It's been super reliable while owning it for the past 2 years and it has an amazing feel. Recently got a Sprindex for it and I'm really liking the ability to stiffen up the spring rate by 10-20 lbs or so. Also had EXT make the climb switch valving stiffer, that's been nice as well. What else do you want to know?

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
p2rida wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

-pro's and con's

Thx

I am, it's awesome. Can't come up with any cons aside from deciding to have EXT stiffen the tune up a bit when I had it rebuilt - hard to even call it a con. It's been super reliable while owning it for the past 2 years and it has an amazing feel. Recently got a Sprindex for it and I'm really liking the ability to stiffen up the spring rate by 10-20 lbs or so. Also had EXT make the climb switch valving stiffer, that's been nice as well. What else do you want to know?

Thats perfect! Thx no questions either \,,/

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
Simpancz wrote:

Comor in N.Van? That's who I'm waiting on, will give them another call today. Sadly, they have/had an S5 Enduro on the showroom floor, wish they just gave me that frame.

I had a great time on the bike up until this, I was told I had the first S5 in Canada in 2019 and has been a stud ever since. Looking forward to the new frame, I'll probably ride it for another 2 years at least.

Nope. Steed.

What is wrong with your frame? Upper headset bearing as well? If yes, you might be able to ride anyway (crack size depensing). I was riding whistler with the crack and my buddy is riding too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018100
Mobile Version of Website