2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
p2rida wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:
Is someone running an EXT Storia V3 in the Enduro?

Maybe you can give me some insights...
-pro's and con's

Thx

I am, it's awesome. Can't come up with any cons aside from deciding to have EXT stiffen the tune up a bit when I had it rebuilt - hard to even call it a con. It's been super reliable while owning it for the past 2 years and it has an amazing feel. Recently got a Sprindex for it and I'm really liking the ability to stiffen up the spring rate by 10-20 lbs or so. Also had EXT make the climb switch valving stiffer, that's been nice as well. What else do you want to know?

I got one too. Except the price, I have not found any cons tbh. I have it for two seasons now, no issue so far and I ride like 4x a week. When I comparing other shocks on my buddies bike, it is far from the EXT. However, my buddy purchased Storia for his Devinci Troy and it was not as good as on Enduro.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
Simpancz wrote:
cjarrett wrote:
Simpancz wrote:
It really depends on the Spec. inventory status. I had warrantied frame within 3 weeks after reporting in middle of the summer. Buddy of mine had his enduro on the maintenance and technician found the crack and reported it in late September and he is still waiting for warranty frame. The same lbs at North Vancouver.

Comor in N.Van? That's who I'm waiting on, will give them another call today. Sadly, they have/had an S5 Enduro on the showroom floor, wish they just gave me that frame.

I had a great time on the bike up until this, I was told I had the first S5 in Canada in 2019 and has been a stud ever since. Looking forward to the new frame, I'll probably ride it for another 2 years at least.

Nope. Steed.

What is wrong with your frame? Upper headset bearing as well? If yes, you might be able to ride anyway (crack size depensing). I was riding whistler with the crack and my buddy is riding too.

Lower headset crack yeah. It may have been there for a long time, no idea really. I rode it once, just felt at 215lbs, a bit hit could send my fork slicing through the head tube and my face on the floor. Doesn't sound fun but I'm just being dramatic.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
Simpancz wrote:
cjarrett wrote:

Comor in N.Van? That's who I'm waiting on, will give them another call today. Sadly, they have/had an S5 Enduro on the showroom floor, wish they just gave me that frame.

I had a great time on the bike up until this, I was told I had the first S5 in Canada in 2019 and has been a stud ever since. Looking forward to the new frame, I'll probably ride it for another 2 years at least.

Nope. Steed.

What is wrong with your frame? Upper headset bearing as well? If yes, you might be able to ride anyway (crack size depensing). I was riding whistler with the crack and my buddy is riding too.

Lower headset crack yeah. It may have been there for a long time, no idea really. I rode it once, just felt at 215lbs, a bit hit could send my fork slicing through the head tube and my face on the floor. Doesn't sound fun but I'm just being dramatic.

I see, thats understandable. I never heard about lower headset crack though.

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
Perhaps a stupid question, still a good bike to go for in 2022/2023??

After a bike to just smash through stuff. My gen 3 levo at 170/160 is great (like genuinely wouldn't change it any more, although find the 275 rear gets hung on stuff the 29er doesnt) but for 'analogue' duties I have a 22 patrol which I've grown to think is just too small (mainly the standover feel), a little fidgety and active. Been on it a year.

So my next purchase will be replacing the Patrol with a stumpy Evo (at 170/160) or an Enduro. The stumpy might be a bit more useful all round.

Or do I hang on, might be due a refresh?

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
If you want a bike to just smash through stuff that’s not a DH bike, the Enduro fits the bill.
Straight line hitting rough stuff at pace, I’ve never had anything like it.
If you believe people who own both the Enduro doesn’t give up much to the stumpy on the ups either.

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 20:50 Quote
Mike172 wrote:
Perhaps a stupid question, still a good bike to go for in 2022/2023??

After a bike to just smash through stuff. My gen 3 levo at 170/160 is great (like genuinely wouldn't change it any more, although find the 275 rear gets hung on stuff the 29er doesnt) but for 'analogue' duties I have a 22 patrol which I've grown to think is just too small (mainly the standover feel), a little fidgety and active. Been on it a year.

So my next purchase will be replacing the Patrol with a stumpy Evo (at 170/160) or an Enduro. The stumpy might be a bit more useful all round.

Or do I hang on, might be due a refresh?

I think it's still a good buy, geometry/features aren't outdated and they seemed to have ironed out the cracking issues. Most bikes like the MT2 are just catching up and are demanding a much higher price. They just dropped new colors/builds, so I think a refresh will probably be ~ Fall 2023. Likely pretty minor updates with some sizing changes to mirror the SJ/Levo, angleset system, hopefully switch to an eyelet shock like the KSL.

If you want to smash through stuff I'd definitely go Enduro over the Evo. Enduro has far superior suspension performance and a beefier frame. Evo is more fun on mellow trails and less taxing on big rides since its much lighter. That said the Enduro is not a bad climber at all, efficient but heavy. If you're already planning on beefing up an Evo to 170/160 you should just get an Enduro. I think there are significantly better all-rounders than the Evo (most of the field test bikes) but the Enduro is still right up there with the latest big bikes.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
Just got a '22 Comp. How are folks mounting their bike computers to the complete bikes w/ SWAT tools? Any insight? I'm gonna try a k-edge style stem mount (out front) but curious other's experiences?

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 14:36 Quote
Just received my warranty frame...3 and half months later...
Did anyone received this colour scheme in your replacement frame?
I search for this colour online but i don't find it in any Specialized site, neither european or american.
Is this a 2022 frame colour?
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
I search for this colour online but i don't find it in any Specialized site, neither european or american.
photo

yeah dude, I got that same frame: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/kurt2/album/Enduro/
Looks deadly with the matte ride-wrap. I want to get my new frame inspected though, as I absolutely hammered it sept long weekend in a 10.5 hour 30 km 1100 m hike a bike. My humble eyes can't tell the diff between resin and cracks and my mind is playing tricks on me (power of suggestion).

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
Yes...it looks good Big Grin
And isn´t the headset reinforced in this frame? I believe it is.

kurt2 wrote:
Caveirex wrote:
photo

yeah dude, I got that same frame: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/kurt2/album/Enduro/
Looks deadly with the matte ride-wrap. I want to get my new frame inspected though, as I absolutely hammered it sept long weekend in a 10.5 hour 30 km 1100 m hike a bike. My humble eyes can't tell the diff between resin and cracks and my mind is playing tricks on me (power of suggestion).

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 15:02 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
Yes...it looks good Big Grin
And isn´t the headset reinforced in this frame? I believe it is.

kurt2 wrote:
Caveirex wrote:
photo

It's hard to say. I took several photos of the new upper bearing seat adjacent to the old upper bearing seat. It was hard to tell any difference. At first glance, the new frame looked much "drier" than the old. IE, still traces of dust, mold-release, etc in the fresh frame, whereas the old one looked more "wet" in that anywhere not painted was glossy and shiny. Whereas the new frame's unpainted spaces looked dry. I couldn't notice any obvious differences in diameter, thickness, wrap etc. I hope to take mine in for inspection within the next few weeks. Will let you know how it goes here. Winter in northern Canada, so won't be riding till April/May 2023. Also, I think I mucked up the focus on those photos, so even viewing them now doesn't say much.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
]

I believe 2 or 3 years ago Specialized started providing all warranty replacement frames company wide in matte black with white graphics.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 17:04 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
Caveirex wrote:
]

I believe 2 or 3 years ago Specialized started providing all warranty replacement frames company wide in matte black with white graphics.

I cant find my pics but the headcups are totally different and easy to tell the difference

If its UD carbon its new if its that 3K finish like weave then it isn't.. Simples

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
I just looked on Specialized's website today and that's the latest colour scheme for the S-Works Enduro. I looked as I'm expecting a new frame and worried I'd get a terrible colour.

Really hoping that's what I get. I'll miss my candy apple red though

Caveirex wrote:
photo

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
I just looked on Specialized's website today and that's the latest colour scheme for the S-Works Enduro. I looked as I'm expecting a new frame and worried I'd get a terrible colour.

Really hoping that's what I get. I'll miss my candy apple red though

Caveirex wrote:
photo

All warrenty frames are this colour. Easy way to tell if someone else has also had theirs replaced….

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019729
Mobile Version of Website