2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 11:01 Quote
Could someone with a stock RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate please share the code printed on the shock that indicates the tune?

I have a line on a take-off SDU from a Forbidden Druid and want to see if the shock plays nice with the Enduro kinematics. The code is LLC320. When I punch the serial no into RockShox Trailhead website, it indicates an "L" rebound rune, and "LC" compression tune.

I think this tune would be appropriate. Something from a VPP bike less so.

Is "L" linear?, what about LC?

Thanks in advance,
K

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 10:27 Quote
Mine is ML 380

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 11:33 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Mine is ML 380

Thank you

Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 19:24 Quote
Anyone know the size of the main pivot circlip? Can it be purchased at the hardware store? If not, what is the part number?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 12:03 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
Anyone know the size of the main pivot circlip? Can it be purchased at the hardware store? If not, what is the part number?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the one on the collet?

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 14:39 Quote
RMWB wrote:
borlowski90 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 15:06 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
RMWB wrote:
borlowski90 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes

Everything is pretty well detailed in the pivot schematic. Some components are only available within kits of others though. Call your local dealer and they can help you. https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000140189.pdf

If you can't find what you need in the schematic but you can measure what you're in search of McMaster likely has it if it is a standard size.
https://www.mcmaster.com/circlips/

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 15:48 Quote
Should be a 6mm (5.7mm groove) external retaining ring.

Honestly, you can probably do just fine without it. Once the bolt is installed it doesn’t serve much purpose.

Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 1:05 Quote
Hey. Is there anyone in the UK who has heard of an ETA on the 23 model expert hitting shops ????

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 5:19 Quote
Hey guys! Seems like I´ll have to make the switch to an Enduro, I have no clue on what size I should settle for I´m 174 cm or 5 feet 8½ inches, I previously had the latest gen Trek Slash in M/L, that bike rode way to large, and I am now on a M Evil Wreckoning V3, perfect in size and feel, really love that bike.

I´m leaning towards the S2 since the S3 reach is similar to the Slash, but the S3 has longer wheelbase as well. However at 437mm the reach sound short on S2 but the wheelbase is kind of spot on and I´d probably opt for a 50mm stem. Does the Enduro ride like an large bike on tight techy trails? The Enduro already is a stable bike, perhaps I wont lose to much by opting for a smaller bike? I will have the option to try a S3 in a couple of weeks, but I also want to hear from other riders as well.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 5:31 Quote
hilldescentcontrol wrote:
Hey guys! Seems like I´ll have to make the switch to an Enduro, I have no clue on what size I should settle for I´m 174 cm or 5 feet 8½ inches, I previously had the latest gen Trek Slash in M/L, that bike rode way to large, and I am now on a M Evil Wreckoning V3, perfect in size and feel, really love that bike.

I´m leaning towards the S2 since the S3 reach is similar to the Slash, but the S3 has longer wheelbase as well. However at 437mm the reach sound short on S2 but the wheelbase is kind of spot on and I´d probably opt for a 50mm stem. Does the Enduro ride like an large bike on tight techy trails? The Enduro already is a stable bike, perhaps I wont lose to much by opting for a smaller bike? I will have the option to try a S3 in a couple of weeks, but I also want to hear from other riders as well.

I'm the same height as you, with a relatively short torso, and ride an S3. I personally would not want to go any smaller. That said, the Enduro is my big bike and I have a trail bike I would probably grab my trail bike for very tight days. At then end of the day though, I think the test ride will tell you a lot more than anyone of us on the internet can

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 6:12 Quote
laxman2001 wrote:
I'm the same height as you, with a relatively short torso, and ride an S3. I personally would not want to go any smaller. That said, the Enduro is my big bike and I have a trail bike I would probably grab for very tight days. At then end of hte day though, I think the test ride will tell you a lot more than anyone of us on the internet can

Yea, test ride is definitely the way to go, but if someone could convince me that one size is better than the other then I would be able to order one and get it faster, and of course switch if the test ride tells another story... Right now I´m at 50% sure about whether I should go with s2 or s3.. Smile

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 8:11 Quote

I'm also 175cm, 75kg... I have an S3. I do have longer legs, 32" inseam and longer arms, S3 fits perfectly.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 8:13 Quote

I'm 5'10 and had a trek slash in M/L and had a S3 Enduro. On tight techy stuff is the one weakness of the bike because its just designed to be fast. I think you'll want the S3

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 8:25 Quote
Leven wrote:
I'm 5'10 and had a trek slash in M/L and had a S3 Enduro. On tight techy stuff is the one weakness of the bike because its just designed to be fast. I think you'll want the S3

Alright! How does the Trek and Specialized compare, which one are more nimble? My biggest issue with the Slash was getting enough weight over the front wheel, I had so many stupid washouts in races due to that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010793
Mobile Version of Website