2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
kurt2 wrote:

@Ohio, is the re-valve something you can do yourself, or must it be sent in to a service center? Since it's a mono-tube design, I presume that mean's there's pressurized (nitrogen?) in the piggypack. So, that might be beyond the average garage tinkerer. Im considering getting one myself, but if I have to have a shop re-valve every time, I'd want to have a sense of those costs up front before the $1400 (CAD) spend.

@kurt2 if I do have it done I would have Brennan Motorsports do it since they’re fairly local to me. If you buy new from EXT or Suspension Syndicate (USA) it’s custom valved for you so you shouldn’t need a revalve and if you did (for your original bike and spec, just wrong tune) I bet they’d sort it. If you, say, swap bikes down the road and need a revalve, I’d expect to pay ~$250 for Brennan or Syndicate to do a revalve (and full service while at it). It’s not a service I’d do myself for any shock, but I suspect it isn’t any harder than any other coil shock. Maybe others can confirm.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
[Quote="ohio"]
kurt2 wrote:

@kurt2 if I do have it done I would have Brennan Motorsports do it since they’re fairly local to me. If you buy new from EXT or Suspension Syndicate (USA) it’s custom valves for you so you shouldn’t need a revalve and if you did (for your original bike and spec, just wrong tune) I bet they’d sort it. If you, say, swap bikes down the road and need a revalve, I’d expect to pay ~$250 for Brennan or Syndicate to due a revalve (and full service while at it). It’s not a service I’d do myself for any shock, but I suspect it isn’t any harder than any other coil shock. Maybe others can confirm.

Thanks Ohio. There is a service center in Calgary (300 km from Edmonton) called Inside Line that can re-valve too. Glad to have a handle on the costs. I would hesitate to open up the EXT finery myself. Forks and air cans no prob, but dampers I shy away from. I did buy the tools (shaft clamps, and proprietary "socket") and some spare shims to do the Avalanche cartridge in Boxxers, but I've never felt the need yet. Gonna be hard to part with that bike when the time comes, due to the murderous suspension, but the geometry and fit are pretty outdated now, not to mention 26" factor.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Hey guys, just built an enduro from the frame up in the Tarmac black color and i love it! I swapped all my old components over from my 2014 enduro.
Heres my issue though, i swapped over a 51mm offset Lyrik Ultimate and it doesn't feel right, and on Specialized website it says the fork offset on every model of enduro is 46mm. But RockShox doesn't make 46mm offset for 29 forks, just 27.5? What offset fork came on your guy's bikes? Thanks for the help!

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
My 2021 came with a 42mm offset lyrik

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hi all!
Been a while since I've last made any updates here. Thought of sharing my latest updates: Öhlins TTX air shock/ XT 11 speed + X01 cassette/ cockpit changes to 50mm stem and 760mm Renthal light bars, 20mm rise.

Bike lays happy, before we had snow, around November time maybe. Finished testing the cockpit set-up. I tried 35/40/50mm stems and bars with 20/ 30mm rises and swapped spacers on low to high on each.

Öhlins TTX Air. I must be only one in the world who retrofitted this damper aftermarket. I've had something like 4-5 rides with it. First impressions are impressive at very least.

t-dog888 wrote:
Hey guys, just built an enduro from the frame up in the Tarmac black color and i love it! I swapped all my old components over from my 2014 enduro.
Heres my issue though, i swapped over a 51mm offset Lyrik Ultimate and it doesn't feel right, and on Specialized website it says the fork offset on every model of enduro is 46mm. But RockShox doesn't make 46mm offset for 29 forks, just 27.5? What offset fork came on your guy's bikes? Thanks for the help!

I did the same with a fox 36 51mm offset only because I have a push acs3 coil in it. Idk, it feels fine to me and I'm sure there is a difference but it's all I know. #shrugs
I'm going to ride it for a season or until they make a coil kit for the 38/Zeb, I'm just going to roll with it.

a2b wrote:
t-dog888 wrote:

I did the same with a fox 36 51mm offset only because I have a push acs3 coil in it. Idk, it feels fine to me and I'm sure there is a difference but it's all I know. #shrugs
I'm going to ride it for a season or until they make a coil kit for the 38/Zeb, I'm just going to roll with it.

The Vorsprung Smashpot kit for the 38 and Zeb just came out last week! I already ordered one for my 38. Ran one on my last 36 and absolutely loved it. I think it'll feel amazing on my Enduro with the DHX2 already on there.

Stiga-Fin wrote:

Öhlins TTX Air. I must be only one in the world who retrofitted this damper aftermarket. I've had something like 4-5 rides with it. First impressions are impressive at very least.

Good to hear feedback on the Ohlins air, so far I've been really happy with my SD which has surprised me as I tried both the Ohlins options for my old 2018 Enduro and quite liked the coil. I'm holding out till the ground is dryer and trails running faster before I make any decisions on shock upgrades.

exmouthlocal wrote:
Stiga-Fin wrote:

Good to hear feedback on the Ohlins air, so far I've been really happy with my SD which has surprised me as I tried both the Ohlins options for my old 2018 Enduro and quite liked the coil. I'm holding out till the ground is dryer and trails running faster before I make any decisions on shock upgrades.

Yeah, its really supple and moves easily. I'm in good position actually to compare it, since I had the SD as stock in this Enduro Comp. I had it warranty serviced, due to some knocking sounds it developed. So I bought this Öhlins to upgrade and leave SD as back-up. I did try it after service - it worked very well, but it somewhat forces one to ride with certain set-up only, because it only offers rebound adjust externally.

Also, talking of comparing, my previous 2018 Enduro came with TTX Coil, and could not help but want the same damping into this 2020 model. This air TTX is really good damper, and it brings those high/low speed compression adjusters. It is available in two different sized air cans - mine is the larger, dual volume one. Öhlins site gives you recommended air can based on your desired sag.

I picked up a 2020 enduro elite last week & took it for a first ride at the weekend. Does anyone know how many volume spacers come pre-installed on the Super Delux select+ ?

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
boon89 wrote:
I picked up a 2020 enduro elite last week & took it for a first ride at the weekend. Does anyone know how many volume spacers come pre-installed on the Super Delux select+ ?

Im 90% sure that its 3,5 tokens in from stock. (Gnar token(2,5)+1 normal one. So you will have space for 1 more if needed.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Fastbiker1998 wrote:
boon89 wrote:

Im 90% sure that its 3,5 tokens in from stock. (Gnar token(2,5)+1 normal one. So you will have space for 1 more if needed.
Can confirm, this is what came in mine

Posted: 22 hours ago Quote
Anyone fitted a shuttle guard? I saw on the new demo they come with a factory one.

I'm looking at options for the up and coming park season :-)

Specialized Demo Race Photo Kifcat Shaperideshoot

Posted: 22 hours ago Quote
I use a Ride Wrap Shuttle Armor pad. Works great
link: https://www.ridewrap.ca/products/shuttle-armor/

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Me too. Ride wrap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006947
Mobile Version of Website