2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 22:00 Quote
resinrider wrote:
I use a Ride Wrap Shuttle Armor pad. Works great
link: https://www.ridewrap.ca/products/shuttle-armor/

Ahh dammit I didn't see that, thanks for the heads up - I just got a RW kit in the mail today..

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
j6y wrote:
Anyone fitted a shuttle guard? I saw on the new demo they come with a factory one.

I'm looking at options for the up and coming park season :-)

Specialized Demo Race Photo Kifcat Shaperideshoot

I use the yeti ones

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 22:25 Quote
On the struggle bus with my new AXS drivetrain on my enduro. It goes to "sleep" after 30 sec but doesn't "wake" if I move the bike or shift like I've read. Only way to "wake" is to pedal.

Sorry to post this here. Couldn't find anything over in the SRAM threads.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 22:36 Quote
[Quote="senorbanana"]
j6y wrote:
Anyone fitted a shuttle guard? I saw on the new demo they come with a factory one.

I'm looking at options for the up and coming park season :-)

I use the yeti ones

That's what I've been looking at to avoid the shipping from CAN, cheers

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Does anyone now how the main pivot goes back together? I took the 4mm out to get to the 8mm to see if it was greased and the cone and 4mm bolt popped out at me. I don’t know how the clip goes back in. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
Hi
I just got my grey 2021 enduro frameset with float x damper. Have a brand new 2021 X2 ready to replace the float. Before i install it; does anybody here know what is the standard number of VOLUME SPACERS pre-installed on all enduros shipped with X2?

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
Simonease wrote:
Hi
I just got my grey 2021 enduro frameset with float x damper. Have a brand new 2021 X2 ready to replace the float. Before i install it; does anybody here know what is the standard number of VOLUME SPACERS pre-installed on all enduros shipped with X2?

My '21 expert shipped with 1 spacer in the stock shock. Your brand new 2021 X2 is likely a stiffer compression tune than the stock shock (if you're a heavier rider, this a very good thing). I'd stick with 1 volume spacer to start and go from there.
I weigh 220ish and am running 1 spacer - 2 spacers made the bike feel too soft off the top with too much harsh ramp feel. If you feel like you're using too much travel, try upping the air pressure. The Enduro seems to remain plush yet supportive as air pressure is increased. Happy to share more setting info if you're keen.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 16:05 Quote
Simonease wrote:
Hi

I wouldn't bother, I put a 2021 X2 on mine a few weeks ago with no spacers and it's fantastic. I'm 190 RTR and run about 260psi and do a bit of freeride and overall aggressive riding.

You can always add spacers once its on the bike also, its a fiddle but it can be done pretty easily. I did a test and ran one then two (two is max) and honestly they felt horrible compared to a higher spring rate.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys... will keep out spacers for now and see how it will go... happy to share my thoughts after first initial rides... will only be end of march though, but i‘ll be back;-)

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
Folks need some quick advice and turning to the wisdom of the Internet. Have a 2020 Expert which came with the DPX2 performance shock. For 500-600usd would you:
1. But a second hand Fox X2 factory from 2020 enduro which hasn’t been ridden
2. But a coil shock - probably rockshox super deluxe coil for the price when it’s available
3. Not bother upgrading the shock and just ride the DPX2 even on big alpine descents

Or maybe even a
4. But a rockshox super deluxe air for cheaper as it’s better than the DPX2 performance

Thanks for your advice with reasons why. Note not flush with cash right now but those X2 come up rarely and cost 900 new here

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
rockshox super deluxe air with a MegNeg.... so nice.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
Brand new up for grabs, message me if you're interested!

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3004874/

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
thanks but if i was to upgrade i'd go for the factory version - appreciate the suggestion though
partyinmypants wrote:
Brand new up for grabs, message me if you're interested!

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3004874/

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
motorstone wrote:

Or maybe even a
4. But a rockshox super deluxe air for cheaper as it’s better than the DPX2 performance

Thanks for your advice with reasons why. Note not flush with cash right now but those X2 come up rarely and cost 900 new here

I have a Rockshox SD FS, I already purchased a 21' Float X2 before the bike came and my LBS switched it out so it's never been ridden on.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2995217/

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Doesn't hurt to try. I've had 3 spacers in my X2 since I installed it, feels amazing on big drops, but maybe I try out less spacers at some point. I'm 220lbs RTR or so, on an S5.

Simonease wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys... will keep out spacers for now and see how it will go... happy to share my thoughts after first initial rides... will only be end of march though, but i‘ll be back;-)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006473
Mobile Version of Website