2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
kurt2 wrote:
Leven wrote:
I'm still so amazed at how well this bike climbs. On a lot of segments it's only a bit slower than my Epic despite being 12lbs heavier.

Are you sticking with the stock 30 tooth ring? I wonder if going to a 32 would negatively impact pedaling in a noticeable way?

Probably not but it probably isn't worthless until you're run through most of your cassette.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
Hi guys, I’ve a strange knocking coming from somewhere in the linkage (I think) I can only feel it when actually riding it’s almost like the shock hits top out too quick, but it also feels to rattle through rough stuff, I can’t make it do it by bouncing about on it, only whilst riding and there’s no play either. I’ve run it with swat empty and even door off to see if that was it but it still did it! I’ve also had a new mech on as my old mech seemed to fall to pieces but it’s still doing it with the new mech so I don’t believe that’s the issue. I’ve even ridden chainless to see if that was it and it was still there! Anyone else had this issue?

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
If you're on the Super Deluxe try opening the rebound completely (fast) and see if the noise is still there. Mine had this issue, and got fixed under warranty.

To replicate, try cycling the suspension just off the top really quickly, go to each end of the rebound adjustment and see if still there.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
Benclark wrote:
Hi guys, I’ve a strange knocking coming from somewhere in the linkage (I think) I can only feel it when actually riding it’s almost like the shock hits top out too quick, but it also feels to rattle through rough stuff, I can’t make it do it by bouncing about on it, only whilst riding and there’s no play either. I’ve run it with swat empty and even door off to see if that was it but it still did it! I’ve also had a new mech on as my old mech seemed to fall to pieces but it’s still doing it with the new mech so I don’t believe that’s the issue. I’ve even ridden chainless to see if that was it and it was still there! Anyone else had this issue?

I had this on my super deluxe. Thought it was the linkage, but today I got my X2 on and it no longer knocks.
It's a weird feeling, but I'm not sure if it counts as a defect.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 20:50 Quote
Benclark wrote:
rattle through rough stuff

First check is always for play in the pivots, especially the shock eye bushings / bearings.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 2:16 Quote
I had this on my super deluxe. Thought it was the linkage, but today I got my X2 on and it no longer knocks.
It's a weird feeling, but I'm not sure if it counts as a defect.[/Quote]

I have a friend with a spare shock I’ll borrow that see if it stops the knocking

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Benclark wrote:

First check is always for play in the pivots, especially the shock eye bushings / bearings.

I’ll strip it down and check everything and re torque it all, aswell as ride with the spare shock in to see if that stops the knocking

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
Benclark wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Benclark wrote:

I’ll strip it down and check everything and re torque it all, aswell as ride with the spare shock in to see if that stops the knocking

Be interested to hear how you get on. I have a 2021 expert with the X2 performance shock and it does the same thing. Have checked/tried all sorts of things and think it might just be the chain smacking against the bottom of the chainstay. Bike rides mint so have been ignoring it…..

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 2:59 Quote
Prh wrote:
Benclark wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Be interested to hear how you get on. I have a 2021 expert with the X2 performance shock and it does the same thing. Have checked/tried all sorts of things and think it might just be the chain smacking against the bottom of the chainstay. Bike rides mint so have been ignoring it…..

I was just chuckling at the comment "Bike rides MINT so have been ignoring it".

That's exactly how we'd say it in the UK..."mint" :-) We have our own national (even regional) "slang" but a surprising amount is common....

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
Prh wrote:
Benclark wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Yeah I’ve been ignoring mine aswell as it rides so good, just thought I might try see if anyone else had come across the issue

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:57 Quote
The hanger on mine does not fit together flat when installed - there is a small gap of about 1mm between the inner and outer plates. Is this normal?

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
Any thoughts on when a 2022 Enduro might be released? I found a '21 Expert in my size but am leery that they'll drop a '22 model soon. I wouldnt think they'd redesign the Enduro chassis for '22 as it looks like the brand new Kenevo is using a similar frame now. But possibly the addition of geometry changing configs like the new SJ Evo for '22?

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
I think they come out in August. I also think the new MY frames will be the same as 2021. Pure guess, however.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
JasenK wrote:
Prh wrote:
Benclark wrote:

I was just chuckling at the comment "Bike rides MINT so have been ignoring it".

That's exactly how we'd say it in the UK..."mint" :-) We have our own national (even regional) "slang" but a surprising amount is common....

Ha ha, not too surprising that some slang still makes its way from the old country to the colony’s.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 4:19 Quote
If anyone was wondering. The main carbon rear link is 151g and the aluminum is 310. That’s with the bearings installed on both.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006507
Mobile Version of Website