2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
[Quote="st-lupo"][Quote="THolmz"]
PabloMoll wrote:

I'm interested in any information on this as well. I've got a 2020 S-Works frame that I've built up. I'm using the original headset bearings and have a Fox Factory 36 on the front. Exact same symptoms for me: I tighten the stem, torque everything to spec, ride a couple of days, and I start getting some play in the headset. In the worst case, I might start getting some play after a single fast run on some chunky terrain.

Buy some shims for the headset.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
Yeah I had creaking from my FSA headset start pretty quickly, replaced the upper bearing with a Wolf Tooth and all is well.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
jaame wrote:
Headset question:

On the 2020 Comp, is there a rubber or plastic seal between the crown race and the lower headset bearing?

I've got a frame which came with the lower headset but no crown race. Some crown races available online have what looks like a rubber seal around them, most come just the metal race.

Please help!

Don’t mess around. Get a CK Drop Set 5:

https://chrisking.com/collections/chris-king-headsets/products/dropset™-5

I'm also experiencing some headset issues, always wanted a Chris King, can I ask is this straight forward to fit, or does it need any extra bits?
Early on in this thread I recall people messing about with spacers, screen shotting a custom build with a CK headset due to something weird with the Enduro..

Many thanks

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
The blinded thread hole for the frame protector fell into my frame. I have absolutely no idea what to do that and how the hell does that even happen?

At the very least the decals look great.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Leven wrote:
The blinded thread hole for the frame protector fell into my frame. I have absolutely no idea what to do that and how the hell does that even happen?

Hi there, this happened to me when I was invisiframing last year.
After a minor freak out, some frame shaking, and thinking about living with a frame rattle for the rest of the finance deal, I decided to take the forks out, and low and behold the little bugger was sitting in the headset grease.

Hope you find it!

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
Leven wrote:

That looks really good!

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
benjiancillotti wrote:

I'm also experiencing some headset issues, always wanted a Chris King, can I ask is this straight forward to fit, or does it need any extra bits?
Early on in this thread I recall people messing about with spacers, screen shotting a custom build with a CK headset due to something weird with the Enduro..

Many thanks

No special parts needed, straight replacement :-)

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Leven wrote:

That looks really good!

I highly recommend NLDesigns.eu. They can do some insane custom graphics for these enduros and I opted for simple pink

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
Hey guys

The high quality file with accurate kinematics has been removed from the web library in linkage x3 and I dont have a saved copy Madder .

Has anyone got an offline copy saved they could send me ?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
I'd like to know that too! S4 and looking for a trip next year - maybe Whistler if it's open to OS visitors
Leven wrote:
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
Has anyone put a 190 Zeb on this bike yet? I’ve just ordered one - it was all they had in stock. I can change the air shaft no worries but will probably try it at 190 first. I actually had a 180 totem on a 130 Corsair Konig ten years ago.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
motorstone wrote:
I'd like to know that too! S4 and looking for a trip next year - maybe Whistler if it's open to OS visitors
Leven wrote:

I talked to Thule earlier today and they new travel bag coming out September 1st that will fit it (they weren't supposed to leak it).

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
Nah but a 180 is awesome not that it helps you really. If you sized up then 190 should be no issue with reach
jaame wrote:
Has anyone put a 190 Zeb on
this bike yet? I’ve just ordered one - it was all they had in stock. I can change the air shaft no worries but will probably try it at 190 first. I actually had a 180 totem on a 130 Corsair Konig ten years ago.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
Leven wrote:
https://dbjourney.com/the-savage-bike-bag-black

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006301
Mobile Version of Website