2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
If you can't find anything just use a cardboard bike box. I traveled from the USA to New Zealand with my DH bike in a cardboard box. I lugged around that beast for 6 months and sent her back via freight on a ship with the same box and never had any issues.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 23:51 Quote
a-prince wrote:
If you can't find anything just use a cardboard bike box. I traveled from the USA to New Zealand with my DH bike in a cardboard box. I lugged around that beast for 6 months and sent her back via freight on a ship with the same box and never had any issues.

Cheapest (free), and typically lightest solution. Have used this approach plenty, and had a fancy box/bike bag, would use cardboard again. Can fit plenty in the box too.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
Leven wrote:
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.
https://dbjourney.com/the-savage-bike-bag-black
Thats promising the photos show an enduro being put in the bag

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
Leven wrote:
1stevenml wrote:
Leven wrote:
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.
https://dbjourney.com/the-savage-bike-bag-black
Thats promising the photos show an enduro being put in the bag

What size do we think that bike is? looks S3 to me, wonder if a S5 would fit.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
I think the evoc pro is a possible candidate also.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 2:25 Quote
Leven wrote:
As for air shocks - you can always release the air to lower both fork and shock in order reduce bike's overall length.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
That’s a good point - I saw it on GMBN now you mention it. They let the air out at both ends, compressed both and strapped them close to the bottomed position. It makes the bike a lot smaller.

My Zeb has just arrived. I’m still waiting on a few bits but the build will happen soon.

Regarding the rear brake hose length on an S4. Anyone know off hand what you need? Will 1700mm do it?

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
Anyone running the megneg setup? Any suggestions for shock tokens/bands/pressure for a 71kg rider?

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
Fastbiker1998 wrote:
Anyone running the megneg setup? Any suggestions for shock tokens/bands/pressure for a 71kg rider?

Remove all bands and tokens. Add pressure in comparison to current pressure and test. Further adjustments depend on your riding style and speed.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Lots of airlines charge for bikes but not hockey equipment. I’ve seen a few videos about how to safely pack you bike into a hockey bag and fly for free. When they ask, it’s sports equipment.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Fastbiker1998 wrote:

2 neg bands and use half of the bands of the pos.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
What do you guys think about this? Impact around the bottom bracket area. Im stopping by the LBS tomorrow to get an opinion. Rideable?

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
a-prince wrote:
What do you guys think about this? Impact around the bottom bracket area. Im stopping by the LBS tomorrow to get an opinion. Rideable?

I would think the outlook isn’t great Frown

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
a-prince wrote:

Deffo not a warranty issue, more crash replacement

You could repair it yourself if you are pretty DIY savvy or get a decent carbon repair company to do it and it'll be gtg. Given its under the guard you might get away with not needing to re-paint.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
a-prince wrote:

Looks like paint damage to me, they'll be a couple of layers there. I had this on my old wing in nearly the same spot. If it had gone through to the carbon I'd expect a bigger damaged area on the surface.

I'd keep riding it, thats what i did. If its damage to the carbon it'll get flexy over time which you'll feel when riding/ pedalling, chances of it randomly snapping are low IMO.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007152
Mobile Version of Website