2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Author Message
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
If you can't find anything just use a cardboard bike box. I traveled from the USA to New Zealand with my DH bike in a cardboard box. I lugged around that beast for 6 months and sent her back via freight on a ship with the same box and never had any issues.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 23:51 Quote
a-prince wrote:
If you can't find anything just use a cardboard bike box. I traveled from the USA to New Zealand with my DH bike in a cardboard box. I lugged around that beast for 6 months and sent her back via freight on a ship with the same box and never had any issues.

Cheapest (free), and typically lightest solution. Have used this approach plenty, and had a fancy box/bike bag, would use cardboard again. Can fit plenty in the box too.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
Leven wrote:
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.
https://dbjourney.com/the-savage-bike-bag-black
Thats promising the photos show an enduro being put in the bag

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
Leven wrote:
1stevenml wrote:
Leven wrote:
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.
https://dbjourney.com/the-savage-bike-bag-black
Thats promising the photos show an enduro being put in the bag

What size do we think that bike is? looks S3 to me, wonder if a S5 would fit.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
I think the evoc pro is a possible candidate also.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 2:25 Quote
Leven wrote:
Has anyone traveled with this bike yet? I'm trying to find a bike bag and a lot of them seem to small.
As for air shocks - you can always release the air to lower both fork and shock in order reduce bike's overall length.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
That’s a good point - I saw it on GMBN now you mention it. They let the air out at both ends, compressed both and strapped them close to the bottomed position. It makes the bike a lot smaller.

My Zeb has just arrived. I’m still waiting on a few bits but the build will happen soon.

Regarding the rear brake hose length on an S4. Anyone know off hand what you need? Will 1700mm do it?

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
Anyone running the megneg setup? Any suggestions for shock tokens/bands/pressure for a 71kg rider?

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
Fastbiker1998 wrote:
Anyone running the megneg setup? Any suggestions for shock tokens/bands/pressure for a 71kg rider?

Remove all bands and tokens. Add pressure in comparison to current pressure and test. Further adjustments depend on your riding style and speed.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Lots of airlines charge for bikes but not hockey equipment. I’ve seen a few videos about how to safely pack you bike into a hockey bag and fly for free. When they ask, it’s sports equipment.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Fastbiker1998 wrote:
Anyone running the megneg setup? Any suggestions for shock tokens/bands/pressure for a 71kg rider?

2 neg bands and use half of the bands of the pos.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
What do you guys think about this? Impact around the bottom bracket area. Im stopping by the LBS tomorrow to get an opinion. Rideable?

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
a-prince wrote:
What do you guys think about this? Impact around the bottom bracket area. Im stopping by the LBS tomorrow to get an opinion. Rideable?

I would think the outlook isn’t great Frown

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
a-prince wrote:
What do you guys think about this? Impact around the bottom bracket area. Im stopping by the LBS tomorrow to get an opinion. Rideable?

Deffo not a warranty issue, more crash replacement

You could repair it yourself if you are pretty DIY savvy or get a decent carbon repair company to do it and it'll be gtg. Given its under the guard you might get away with not needing to re-paint.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
a-prince wrote:
What do you guys think about this? Impact around the bottom bracket area. Im stopping by the LBS tomorrow to get an opinion. Rideable?

Looks like paint damage to me, they'll be a couple of layers there. I had this on my old wing in nearly the same spot. If it had gone through to the carbon I'd expect a bigger damaged area on the surface.

I'd keep riding it, thats what i did. If its damage to the carbon it'll get flexy over time which you'll feel when riding/ pedalling, chances of it randomly snapping are low IMO.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007152
Mobile Version of Website