2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
jason114 wrote:
hukriede wrote:
Has anyone tried to run a Marzocchi coil on their enduro? I put one on recently as a loner from my LBS while my shock was being service and it came in contact with my frame and created a large chip in the shock tunnel. It's the correct 205x60mm size, 500lb spring rate. Not sure how this could have happened. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

The bomber cr resi contacts the frame, it's been noted for a while that it doesn't work in the Enduro because the resi is to long.

Damn, I guess LBS did not know this.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
Hey.

So Im cleaning my enduro....2020 elite model S5. Iv noticed a vertical line in the paint about 1 inch long on the rear of the seat tube just above the arch where the shock goes through. Its smooth to feel but no matter what I do it wont come off.

Is this a crack ???? The line is not perfectly straight, but straight-ish and very thin.

Any thoughts ????
Ray

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
ramymcc22 wrote:
Hey.

So Im cleaning my enduro....2020 elite model S5. Iv noticed a vertical line in the paint about 1 inch long on the rear of the seat tube just above the arch where the shock goes through. Its smooth to feel but no matter what I do it wont come off.

Is this a crack ???? The line is not perfectly straight, but straight-ish and very thin.

Any thoughts ????
Ray

Pictures would help a bunch! I'm sure it's only a scratch, when carbon cranks its pretty obvious in my experience.

Try the carbon tap test

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Soooo, I was cleaning my bike this weekend and noticed that..I fail... I've been running in the low setting and tried to flip it to high with the WRP link, it does not work in high. Still rides great though!

Yup, echo the "still rides great" comment. But yup, it's definitely the OEM "low" geometry and that's maxed out in terms of shock length.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 9:51 Quote
hukriede wrote:
jason114 wrote:
hukriede wrote:
Has anyone tried to run a Marzocchi coil on their enduro? I put one on recently as a loner from my LBS while my shock was being service and it came in contact with my frame and created a large chip in the shock tunnel. It's the correct 205x60mm size, 500lb spring rate. Not sure how this could have happened. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

The bomber cr resi contacts the frame, it's been noted for a while that it doesn't work in the Enduro because the resi is to long.

Damn, I guess LBS did not know this.

Avalanche does a special shorter reservoir for the Enduro

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
If you're shifting is getting a little sloppy on your enduro, try taking off your derailleur and the 2 piece hanger and cleaning it all and reassembling. Some crud worked its way into mine and cleaning it seems to have helped crisp things up a little.

Also, is it just me or do Roval wheels suck? I'm on my 2nd rear wheel, broke a spoke, and the tension just wasn't right from the factory and a bunch of my spokes are loose again.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
If you're shifting is getting a little sloppy on your enduro, try taking off your derailleur and the 2 piece hanger and cleaning it all and reassembling. Some crud worked its way into mine and cleaning it seems to have helped crisp things up a little.

Also, is it just me or do Roval wheels suck? I'm on my 2nd rear wheel, broke a spoke, and the tension just wasn't right from the factory and a bunch of my spokes are loose again.

The Roval wheels are rubbish, swapped them out for DT Swiss EX511’s as soon as I could.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
What are the shocks that work best with this bike that people have tried? I have the dpx2 right now and want to try something else.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
I've tried the following
Superdelux rct, compression open, 3 spacers
Superdelux rct with meg neg ,compression open, no spacers max bands
Factory float X2 , factory settings sped up a bit, no spacers,
Black dpx2, no spacers

Strangely the dpx2 was my favourite by far.
It make the bike feel more playful and poppy.

Swapping back to the x2 shortly so hopefully opening up the compression abit more will make it feel similar to the dpx2

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 4:00 Quote
j6y wrote:
ramymcc22 wrote:
Hey.

Any thoughts ????
Ray

Pictures would help a bunch! I'm sure it's only a scratch, when carbon cranks its pretty obvious in my experience.

Try the carbon tap test

It was a crack. Specialized were beyond helpful. New frame straight away

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
ramymcc22 wrote:
j6y wrote:
ramymcc22 wrote:
Hey.

Any thoughts ????
Ray

Try the carbon tap test

It was a crack. Specialized were beyond helpful. New frame straight away

Nice…do you know if you will be treated with a complementary S-works frame replacement?
Nice of Spesh and it’s good to see this level of good CS for me who is planning to get an Enduro next…however, I have to say, there seems to be quite a lot of cracked frames, which makes me think that waiting for the next model (probably 2022) might be a better idea…hopefully they will iron-out all these issues, along with a bit steeper SA and 200 dropper.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 2:57 Quote
Hey. Iv no idea. They said the new frame will be a different colour.

Iv been riding Specialized bikes for years now and this is the first bike Iv had an issue with, but it has not put me off one bit. Excellent customer service. Ok...my frame should not have cracked I guess. But it did and they were immediatly helpful with zero fuss. Proof of purchase and that was it.

Im 6'2 on an S5 and the 170mm dropper or the seat tube angle has never been an issue....ever. I love this bike. I run a DH tyre up front and a DD rear. Climbing is slow but its expected and I do plenty of climbing on it.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
greenieboygreen wrote:
What are the shocks that work best with this bike that people have tried? I have the dpx2 right now and want to try something else.

I purchased a custom tuned DVO Topaz 3 and really liking this upgrade compared to the RS Super Deluxe.
It doesn't have the traditional high speed/low speed compression/rebound settings, but I love the fact I can run a "normal" pressure of 210 psi in the shock despite being a 250 pound rider. It's noticeably more plush and has a better "lockout" The RS I had to run all tokens and max pressure (320psi), making it feel like spiking when riding high speed technical trails. The Topaz is so damn smooth, this is one of my favourite upgrades I've made to my Enduro Comp.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
greenieboygreen wrote:

I'm very happy with the Ohlins TTX2 coil. For flatter and mellow terrain I go back to the stock super deluxe select plus with megneg, although the bike pedals well enough that I keep the coil most of the time.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:
greenieboygreen wrote:

I'm very happy with the Ohlins TTX2 coil. For flatter and mellow terrain I go back to the stock super deluxe select plus with megneg, although the bike pedals well enough that I keep the coil most of the time.

I bought the bike with the rock shox super deluxe select+ It felt good on the trails but I had it packed with spacers but it still bottomed hard on big hits. If I added air pressure it lost the small bump feel. I then tried the EXT Storia which was nice, but I could not get the tune right after trying a few things I went back to the Super Deluxe. Then after some hesitation I bought the Push 11-6- based on feedback from Darren the owner that it is one of the most dialed tunes they offer. The difference was unreal! My first run down a big chunky run- I could not believe what I was feeling. I know they're expensive, but sometimes you can pick up a used 11-6 and have Push re configure and it may cost less than buying new.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014008
Mobile Version of Website