2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 12:41 Quote
Won't name the shop but I heard about it directly from them. They have to take photos, submit them to Spec, communicate back and forth, and hold on to the bike for weeks - there's labor and other costs involved in that. I wouldn't think it amounts to hundreds but that and the labor to build up the new frame... Adds up.

RMWB wrote:
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Did Specialized bill you this directly or was it the shop? Some shops charge a warranty replacement fee for processing the warranty and rebuilding the bike with the new frame, especially if you didn't buy the bike through them. 500 seems excessive though.

sebse11 wrote:
Hey guys
I just cracked my comp frame on the seattube, i will receive an s Works frame but i have to pay 500€. To be honest thats not the customer service i was looking for when i bought this bike…..

A fee for “processing” the warranty sounds like some BS. I imagine if anyone at Spec. knew that a shop was doing that they wouldn’t be a spec shop for very long.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
ramymcc22 wrote:
@ sebse11 ....was the crack your fault ??? Did you crash ??
My frame cracked at the seat tube aswell. Im waiting on a warranty replacement, but I would'nt be very happy if I have to pay extra for a new frame. My crack was a frame failure and not my fault.

Nope i didn‘t crash or anything. I saw the crack when i used to clean it.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
Did Specialized bill you this directly or was it the shop? Some shops charge a warranty replacement fee for processing the warranty and rebuilding the bike with the new frame, especially if you didn't buy the bike through them. 500 seems excessive though.

sebse11 wrote:
Hey guys
I just cracked my comp frame on the seattube, i will receive an s Works frame but i have to pay 500€. To be honest thats not the customer service i was looking for when i bought this bike…..

I got this offer from the shop but i still don‘t know why they want to charge me 500€. I mean i bought the bike in a different shop, but I already brought the naked frame to the shop, they only had to send an email with pictures of the crack and thats it.
Definitely my last specialized….

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
Try getting a hold of the regional warranty rep/manager directly at Spec and explain the situation. That's what I did when I had issues warrantying my seatstay. The manager got me back on the bike ahead of schedule for free. Worth a try...

sebse11 wrote:

sebse11 wrote:
Hey guys

I got this offer from the shop but i still don‘t know why they want to charge me 500€. I mean i bought the bike in a different shop, but I already brought the naked frame to the shop, they only had to send an email with pictures of the crack and thats it.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
sebse11 wrote:

sebse11 wrote:
Hey guys

Why are you blaming specialized for an issue with the shop? Specialized doesn't charge for warranty items.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
jason114 wrote:
sebse11 wrote:

Why are you blaming specialized for an issue with the shop? Specialized doesn't charge for warranty items.

This

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
2022 colors

https://specializedsantamonica.com/showroom/44/specialized/46/bikes/684

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 20:09 Quote
Leven wrote:
2022 colors

https://specializedsantamonica.com/showroom/44/specialized/46/bikes/684

Looks like they went all out on the Expert and S-works model colours lol!

The red actually looks great on the comp, shame they don't do anything special with the higher end models, lame

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 0:06 Quote
Really liking the grey colour of the comp and expert, the S works colour is a bit meh, bring back the hyper chameleon!

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 0:50 Quote
Love the red!

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
jaame wrote:
Love the red!

Yeah, that's a great color.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
A little info for those looking to go "297"
https://theloamwolf.com/2021/08/04/review-williams-racing-products-specialized-enduro-mullet-yoke/

Thx! Sounds good!

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
Can someone tell me which grease did you use for your headset? I might heard the 2000 grease would work fine?

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
I'd imagine this has been discussed here before, but I have a 2021 Specialized Enduro Expert with the Float X2 on it. I have it setup properly, but it never seems to be able to use full travel. I'd say the o-ring gets to about 80-90% of full travel and will never actually reach the full stroke of the shock. Has anyone else had this issue or heard of this happening?

My setup for reference:

Fox Float X2 Performance
200lbs rider weight
250psi
2 clicks LSC from closed
6 clicks LSR from closed.

Thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010694
Mobile Version of Website