2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
I normally run 50mm stems. More weight on the front makes bikes corner better in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
5'10 on an S3

I run a bunch of spacers (4-5) under the my 50mm stem and 38mm rise bar. I ran a 30mm stem and it felt twitchy at speed and wandered like crazy climbing steep tech. Bike feels super balanced and allows me to run my grip a lot looser on 50mm

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
skill7 wrote:
Im 5'9 on a S3 and I switched fron the stock 50mm to a 40mm as I found the 50mm a bit vague when it got steep.

However, I got more benefit from lowering the stem by removing spacers than reducing the stem length.

After a lot of experimentation im back on the 50mm but with 2 x 10mm spacers removed. This feels better as I can get more weight over the front wheel while not feeling cramped when climbing like I did with the 40mm.

Ahh, that's interesting - I like the standard stem length on my S4 but feel I need more weight on the front wheel so have now dropped my bars one spacer so far.....yet to try in anger, hopefully will see if it has helped at the weekend.

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
It's amazing how much difference it makes to swap spacers up or down. Good to do mid-ride until you get your preferred setting.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
Hi guys!

Another suspension setup question..
I have just recently installed a 2021 Fox Factory X2 shock on my 2020 Spech Enduro Elite S4.
Fox setup guide advises to set the PSI equal to the rider weight (fully equipped) in pounds.
For me that equals to 233 PSI.

Now to my questions: 233 PSI is way off when it comes to hitting 30% sag (18mm).
After a series of trial an error 286 PSI, or slightly more seems to be more accurate Hitting 20-21mm. Is this reasonable?

This is very close to the maximum pressure of 300 PSI.
Is it the linkage that has this leverage effect causing that much difference from Fox recommendations?

On a side note: When installing and pressurizing the shock for the first time I did the following:
- Once installed in the frame I slowly depressurized the shock with the shock pump equalizing it on the way down.
- Re-pressurized and cycled the shock 20 times 25% of the stroke every 50 PSI.
- Removed pump at 286 PSI and performed a sag measurement.

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
That used to be the norm with Fox shocks - setting to riders weight, but the new float x2 takes more air than that. I’m about 195 pounds with water and riding gear and 230 PSI puts me around 30% sag. I would say 286 PSI seems reasonable. If you are hitting 30% sag then go for it!

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
Keep in mind that 30% of the shock stoke is 18mm but 30% of the wheel travel occurs at 16mm of shock stroke, so that's the number you're looking to achieve. I'm about 220 lbs and ran 270psi when I had the '21 X2. So 286psi sounds like you've got it about right for your weight but could probably go even stiffer!

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
I'm 235 riding weight and also running 285psi in the rear shock so your spot on.

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
New Fox DHX feels pretty good. Bike is a size S4 with a 40mm stem. 475lbs spring. I'm 5'10" and 188lbs in full gear. Feels quite similar to my 2020 Demo Race that has a 500lbs spring. It's also got the WRP mullet yoke and 27.5" rear wheel (duh). I have a DHX2 on my YT Capra and felt like trying the new DHX out on the Enduro... I spent an entire day riding downhill (mostly jumps) at Snow Summit after the swap and it didn't disappoint.

2020 Specialized Enduro WRP Mullet Link amd Fox DHX 2022 coil shock
2020+ Specialized Enduro WRP Mullet Link amd Fox DHX 2022 coil shock

Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 18:56 Quote
j6y wrote:
greenieboygreen wrote:
Anyone have a clink sounds when pressing on the pedals laterally/pedalling. Regressed bb and spindle, new pedals too

Main pivot, been covered a bunch bud. I get around 700miles between re-greases in a dusty environment and a bunch of lift access riding

Ended up doing this today and as soon as I sat down on the bike I heard an awful crack. Doesn’t look like there’s any damage but the original noise seems slightly worse. Are there any other ideas that people have?

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
You could try taking the whole bck end apart and cleaning/greasing every pivot and both ends of the shock.

Mine has started to do the cracking sound after 400km. It's not annoying enough to strip and clean yet... I'm too busy loving the bike. Absolute weapon it is and I couldn't be happier. I just wish I got the green blue one intead of raw carbon.

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 0:50 Quote
My SWAT box is very slightly misaligned. The clip side that screws through the frame is 1-2mm too high up. When the flat top is clipped on there is a gap of 1-2mm betwen the rubber gasket and the frame - deffo enough for water to get into the swat box along the front edge.

Has anyone undone the tiny screws that hold the clip side into the frame? I would like to know if the holes in the frame allow for any positional adjustment, or if they are only very slightly larger diameter than the screws. I don't want to remove the screws to look myself because the heads are badly chewed from the factory. I don't think they can handle being tightened again.

TIA

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 1:29 Quote
I really do hope Spesh reads all these posts and realise all the things they should rectify for the next model…no doubt the bike must be awesome and fast (probably the fastest out there) but it sounds like it has so many little/big problems!

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
keju wrote:
New Fox DHX feels pretty good. Bike is a size S4 with a 40mm stem. 475lbs spring. I'm 5'10" and 188lbs in full gear. Feels quite similar to my 2020 Demo Race that has a 500lbs spring. It's also got the WRP mullet yoke and 27.5" rear wheel (duh). I have a DHX2 on my YT Capra and felt like trying the new DHX out on the Enduro... I spent an entire day riding downhill (mostly jumps) at Snow Summit after the swap and it didn't disappoint.

Really dig the Mullet set up on my Enduro too!

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 3:21 Quote
I've watched plenty on mullet Vs 29er reviews....the conclusion = Meh!

May be if you are on the more vertically challenged size? The Enduro def kicks me in the ass a LOT less than my Whyte S150 did.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017022
Mobile Version of Website