2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
According the NSMB article from when the bike came out Specialized ok's the bike for a 180mm dual crown. I'm sure it would handle 200mm if you wanted, and a 200mm Boxxer is actually slightly shorter than a 190mm Zeb.

Also you don't need the Cascade link to get longer travel, I've ran the Enduro with a 65mm stroke shock which gives you 184 -190mm depending on what numbers you believe for the stock setup. Honestly couldn't perceive much difference since the stock setup already has so much travel so I went back to 60mm.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
According the NSMB article from when the bike came out Specialized ok's the bike for a 180mm dual crown. I'm sure it would handle 200mm if you wanted, and a 200mm Boxxer is actually slightly shorter than a 190mm Zeb.

Also you don't need the Cascade link to get longer travel, I've ran the Enduro with a 65mm stroke shock which gives you 184 -190mm depending on what numbers you believe for the stock setup. Honestly couldn't perceive much difference since the stock setup already has so much travel so I went back to 60mm.

I do have a 65mm stroke shock, but like you, I'm running it a 60mm. One day I may remove the spacer and see what happens. How do people get the different travel numbers?

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
rugbyred wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:

I do have a 65mm stroke shock, but like you, I'm running it a 60mm. One day I may remove the spacer and see what happens. How do people get the different travel numbers?

Stated 170 travel versus one review that measured 176.

I run a coil 65 rear shock and haven’t noticed a real difference in pedaling (today I was chasing my best friend on his 130mm Izzo) but it is nicer on sharp deep hits. Matches well with my 180 smashpot Lyrik.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
charmingbob wrote:
jwdenver wrote:
DHhack wrote:

Standard model here:

Twisted Cog, Llc
167 Bridge St. Phoenixville , PA 19460
(610) 422-3586

S-Works here:

Ride On Bikes
1036 Broadway Columbus , GA 31901
(706) 405-4636

Damn I called the place in GA and they don't have the frame anymore. Thanks for the help though.

Have you seen the following posting (not mine)?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3123337/

Sounds like it's dealer in California so it should come with a warranty.

I had not seen that. Thanks!

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
Every time I go out on my Enduro I’m just blown away by how good it is.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
Same. This is the only bike I've owned for over a season. I have owned multiple DH bikes and this is my go-to unless it's super super gnar bike park or I feel like switching things up.

Plus you can pedal this thing.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
jaame wrote:
Every time I go out on my Enduro I’m just blown away by how good it is.

Me too. The last few years i had so many bikes... Blank Stare Madder
BMC Trailfox 26", Cannondale Jekyll26" and 27,5", Norco Range29", RM Altitude 27,5" , Trek Remedy 27,5" , Scott Ransom 29" and now the Enduro.

Sadly its broken at the moment, that pisses me off... Cry and its scares me a little bit because you hear a lot of broken Speshs...

I really wish the new frame will last two season or longer, because i love that thing.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
I just measured and it moves the bumper down 18.5mm. On what I think has 60mm total. Roughly 30.8% sag, I think -- sorry I typically just swap around springs until a bike feels good and don't usually actually measure the sag.
AKRCD wrote:

What kind of sag do you get with a 475 lb spring with the WRP Mullet Yoke? I have to run 235 psi in my X2 to get 28% at 180 lbs.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
Cascade Components linkage added. Feels good with the Williams Racing mullet link, too. Added some 50mm rise handlebars since the S4 felt like it had just a bit too much reach for my 5'10" self and that feels good, too.

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 22:23 Quote
Anyone else running an Ohlins TTX Air shock? Wow, feels like a coil in the rough and chatter, but still plenty of pop. A friend recommended it to me, and I am blown away.
Only problem is that my Lyrik Ultimate feels like shit compared to it. Anyone try the Ohlins 38?

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
Which shock were you running before? Sounds like a big improvement?

NMK187 wrote:
Anyone else running an Ohlins TTX Air shock? Wow, feels like a coil in the rough and chatter, but still plenty of pop. A friend recommended it to me, and I am blown away.
Only problem is that my Lyrik Ultimate feels like shit compared to it. Anyone try the Ohlins 38?

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
Let us know how the reliability goes with the DHX. Have heard others having issues with the DHX2 and this bike. The DHX is supposed to be a bit sturdier with the thicker shaft.

keju wrote:
Cascade Components linkage added. Feels good with the Williams Racing mullet link, too. Added some 50mm rise handlebars since the S4 felt like it had just a bit too much reach for my 5'10" self and that feels good, too.

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
Was running the stock Super Deluxe Select +. It never felt all that plush through rough stuff.
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Which shock were you running before? Sounds like a big improvement?

NMK187 wrote:

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
keju wrote:

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Cascade linkage added
Cascade linkage added

Adding a bigger reach bar will not decrease reach unless you dramatically change the angle back towards you, compared to your lower rise bars. To shorten the reach you want to use more stem spacers.

Stolen from Enduro Mag:

I think a lot of people are ending up on the wrong size of these bikes, unless you need the extra reach as a crutch to add stability. Look at Charlie Murray’s choice of frame size.
A lot of the reviews complain about the bike being a bit much unless you’re riding steep tech or bike park, which is the absolute opposite of my experience, and I live on the east coast of Canada, aka jankville. I think some of the reviewers should have sized down.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009278
Mobile Version of Website