2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
jaame wrote:
The new design is a beast. When you hit backsides it accelerates you. It's like the suspension flics you onward.

Had a bit of a nightmare with mine. Stripping it down for a winter service... I removed the right hand side horst pivot and pop! the little screw that holds the chainstay protector on snapped off (I didn't know it was there because I was working from above and the LHS does not have that screw.

Has this happened to anyone else, and what did you use to replace it? Is it a bottle cage screw size thread?
thanks. Mine feels so good right now. 2019 Enduro pro. The new one is faster in the rough as well? I found the rough stuff a strong suit of my current Enduro. I can't wait to try back to back timing

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
I am a lot lighter at 70kg but still miss a bit of support, especially compared to the front.

Was the range of adjustments big enough? The stock X2 has a different tune than the aftermarket one and I wonder how much that matters.
cjarrett wrote:
I had the exact same experience. The DPX2 had nothing for me (I'm too heavy @ 95kg).

The Float X2 I got 2nd hand from a Giant Reign, the valving seems much more appropriate, and it has full tokens installed. Feels great off of bigger drops and flat landings.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
Happened to me too. Betterbolts has some titanium replacements too

jaame wrote:
The new design is a beast. When you hit backsides it accelerates you. It's like the suspension flics you onward.

Had a bit of a nightmare with mine. Stripping it down for a winter service... I removed the right hand side horst pivot and pop! the little screw that holds the chainstay protector on snapped off (I didn't know it was there because I was working from above and the LHS does not have that screw.

Has this happened to anyone else, and what did you use to replace it? Is it a bottle cage screw size thread?

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 22:55 Quote
Thanks for all replies.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
I found the same and after a year and a bit trying to get it setup right I had it where it was working well but not great. Switched to RS Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil and couldn't be happier
bload wrote:
I recently bought a used Enduro S3 and I am loving it so far. Amazing bike and I am smashing every single personal record I set with my old Capra.

The bike is equipped with a Fox 36 Factory and a Fox DPX2 Performance damper. Fork is amazing, but it feels like the rear doesn’t have that much support and somewhat blows through the mid stroke, but small bump compliance is great however.

Has anyone switched from DPX2 to Float X2? What was your experience?

And anyone bought the WPR Mullet Link? I like tinkering and thought about giving is a shot.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
daaamn i have to say this bike is really sick. Use it for everything and its perfect to that. But now i wanna change back to an aluminium frame. Currently i dont have the bike because of a cracked headtube..... couldnt even sayy bye to the park seasonFrown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

who has a broken frame too and how was the warranty?

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
daaamn i have to say this bike is really sick. Use it for everything and its perfect to that. But now i wanna change back to an aluminium frame. Currently i dont have the bike because of a cracked headtube..... couldnt even sayy bye to the park seasonFrown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

at least lifetime warranty! I toyed with getting an alloy spire but carrying an extra 2 lbs around isn't ideal

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 18:17 Quote
makripper wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

at least lifetime warranty! I toyed with getting an alloy spire but carrying an extra 2 lbs around isn't ideal

i dont care about weight hahhaha in the summer i use a 7sp drivetrain and no droper, basically a full on park/mini dh rig

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
Hate to say it but the warranty might be a nightmare right now with all the supply chain issues. I cracked my seat stay and it took them over 2 months to get me a new one. I called the warranty dept at Spec HQ directly and they sent me a loaner used seatstay so I could continue riding in the meantime. Hope your experience is better than mine.

stonedbiker420 wrote:

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Hate to say it but the warranty might be a nightmare right now with all the supply chain issues. I cracked my seat stay and it took them over 2 months to get me a new one. I called the warranty dept at Spec HQ directly and they sent me a loaner used seatstay so I could continue riding in the meantime. Hope your experience is better than mine.

stonedbiker420 wrote:

super hard to say. Warrantied a roval rim. Took 3 months. Ordered a new bike will be here in Dec.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
I'm waiting on a warranty replacement for mine. Local Specialized dealer told me it would be two weeks. Specialized had two frames in stock in my size. My dealer took too long to place the order and those frames sold out in 5 days. Now I'm looking at a 2-3 month wait. Maybe you will get lucky? I'm not too bothered as I have a trail bike and I can wait.

Also I have cracked both alloy and carbon frames from various bike manufactures. Going alloy won't necessarily save you from a cracked frame.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:

Mine is broken too, second owner, waiting for a new frame.

What ive learned, if you know a good carbon repair shop. You can repair that thing, even snappy headtubes.

Spesh has a good warranty, but they should do rethink some weak spots, and make them stronger and better.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
Just had my warranty frame come through, it also had the cracked headtube, It took around 2 months for it to arrive.
photo
photo
(poor photos cause I finished it up late and I don't care enough to line stuff up)

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
It is a worry. My frame is out of warranty and I keep reading all these stories of cracks. I would deffo have bought alloy if they made one.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 3:32 Quote
jaame wrote:
It is a worry. My frame is out of warranty and I keep reading all these stories of cracks. I would deffo have bought alloy if they made one.

No doubt the bike must be very good but certainly something is not right! Yes, loads of frames crack but this one seems to be more common to do so.
Hope they iron-out all these issues for the next generation, which I am waiting for.

Hope you guys get your replacements fast.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011569
Mobile Version of Website