2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 1:14 Quote
greenieboygreen wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had used their enduro with a smart trainer like the wahoo kickr or if anyone knew what specialized had to say about compatibility? I'm thinking about getting one for winter training.

I picked up an Elite Direto X recently, to fit different hub widths it comes with adaptor washers, the boost ones aren't included as standard only 130 and 142, but the boost ones can be picked up off eBay here in the UK quite cheaply.

Looking Wahoo do the same, here is the kit to fit a boost MTB to some of their trainers: https://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/indoor-cycling/parts-components/kickr-hub-adapter-kit-buy

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
DHhack wrote:
makripper wrote:
You guys are scaring me haha

My dealer told me to check the head tube every month or two. Small shop and they’ve seen one break this year.

I have a 2021 frame and my headtube broke too (crack in the carbon layup for the integrated headset bearing seat) Lead time on a warranty frame is around 3-4 months. Luckily I have another trail bike I can ride.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
Yeah I'm right in the middle, and have about 270psi in it. Mine is the DX29 tune if that helps.

bload wrote:
I am a lot lighter at 70kg but still miss a bit of support, especially compared to the front.

Was the range of adjustments big enough? The stock X2 has a different tune than the aftermarket one and I wonder how much that matters.
cjarrett wrote:
I had the exact same experience. The DPX2 had nothing for me (I'm too heavy @ 95kg).

The Float X2 I got 2nd hand from a Giant Reign, the valving seems much more appropriate, and it has full tokens installed. Feels great off of bigger drops and flat landings.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
Hi all, enduro expert S3 2021 owner here. Im wondering if you can fit a 34t oval chainring or 36T round on the truvativ Descendant 7k Crankset without frame rub??

Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
greenieboygreen wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had used their enduro with a smart trainer like the wahoo kickr or if anyone knew what specialized had to say about compatibility? I'm thinking about getting one for winter training.

I use mine on my kickr. No issues whatsoever. Put a towel over the frame and bars to sponge up sweat

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
Nope Have a dedicated road bike for the trainer.Sram xx1 cassettes are to expensive to burn up on the trainer, and carbon fiber and trainers are a solid Nope.

The carbon fiber issue isn’t a thing anymore, companies resolved that ages ago. It was a problem for wimpy stay’d road bikes. Pretty sure the enduro is WAY beyond beefy!

The kickr has its own cassette you use so there’s that also.

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
Hi! My Enduro Elite 2020 is playing on headset. Bearing not fitted exactly into frame. I didn't notice any cracks, but sent it to Specialized. The problem persists from the purchase. I am waiting the answer.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
Join the club. Mine loosens every 5 rides or so. Clean and regrease gets it back tight. Some have had success with the Chris King Dropset 5. One guy used plumbing tape. It has been discussed a few times in this thread... have a read through.

jorgebernardino wrote:
Hi! My Enduro Elite 2020 is playing on headset. Bearing not fitted exactly into frame. I didn't notice any cracks, but sent it to Specialized. The problem persists from the purchase. I am waiting the answer.

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Join the club. Mine loosens every 5 rides or so. Clean and regrease gets it back tight. Some have had success with the Chris King Dropset 5. One guy used plumbing tape. It has been discussed a few times in this thread... have a read through.

jorgebernardino wrote:

Cane Creek makes shims for integrated headsets. Description here: https://canecreekhelp.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/62000211243-how-and-when-to-use-shim-spacers-for-headsets

Available in 0.25mm and 0.5mm thicknesses

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 0:51 Quote
That's interesting. I had a Cane Creek 110 headset on my Nomad years ago and it had a tiny shim there. Also my Enduro with the stock headset has a feather thin spacer there. I've done 750km so far and had no headset issues.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
Scratch that... Pour one out for another 2020 frame Madder
photo
photo

spendtimebehindbars wrote:

jorgebernardino wrote:

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
Gosh! I really want to buy an Enduro for my next bike but this is making it look like a bad idea. Really hope Spesh is just focusing on bringing out a new model soon that rectifies all these issues…just too many of them in various places…also know a few Stumpy Evo’s cracked!? Not good Spesh!

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:36 Quote
They should make an alloy enduro.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
jaame wrote:

It would weigh 12lbs

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
jaame wrote:
I considered a alu spire before putting my name on Enduro. They medium spire gx is allegedly almost 37 lbs. I'd imagine the Enduro would be close to 40.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017140
Mobile Version of Website