2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
I'm not one of those "weigh is irrelevant" guys but imo if you're trying to build a 30lb enduro by putting xc cranks and exo tires on it you're getting the wrong bike.

My S5 with a 38, coil, DD tires, and zero carbon besides the frame is ~36lbs. Not surprising as my S5 frame is barely lighter than my last alloy enduro bike frame. The bike is quite efficient so it hides the weight well

When I want to ride something light and zippy I take out my stumpy which is comfortably under 30lbs. If I could only have one to split the difference I'd be on a sentinel or evo

Well, we can’t all have two bikes and the enduro as a one bike solution isn’t a bad option.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
RMWB wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
I'm not one of those "weigh is irrelevant" guys but imo if you're trying to build a 30lb enduro by putting xc cranks and exo tires on it you're getting the wrong bike.

My S5 with a 38, coil, DD tires, and zero carbon besides the frame is ~36lbs. Not surprising as my S5 frame is barely lighter than my last alloy enduro bike frame. The bike is quite efficient so it hides the weight well

When I want to ride something light and zippy I take out my stumpy which is comfortably under 30lbs. If I could only have one to split the difference I'd be on a sentinel or evo

Well, we can’t all have two bikes and the enduro as a one bike solution isn’t a bad option.

That's why I included the last sentence, and yeah the enduro isn't a bad one bike solution if your trail selection or terrain warrants it. But if you're able to get away with lightweight tires and fragile xc cranks I doubt thats the case

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
I am interested in swapping the 120mm bolt that holds the swat in the head tube for a titanium one. Has anyone found one? If so, where?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
I've Checked it twice
Most of the parts I've swapped over from my previous Sb150 and it weight it just over 30 lbs
38 and the axs drivetrain were the only new parts.
I'm using a luggage scale may not be the most accurate but I don't care enough to shell out for a fancy park tools one.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
Has anyone run a 65 stroke vs the 60?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
Yes, plenty of clearance for 65mm stroke

The change is more subtle than I expected at least when running a similar sag, only really felt a difference towards the end of the travel. I only have tried it with air shocks though and suspect it would be nice with a coil shock to offset the larger bottom out bumper

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
Yes, plenty of clearance for 65mm stroke

The change is more subtle than I expected at least when running a similar sag, only really felt a difference towards the end of the travel. I only have tried it with air shocks though and suspect it would be nice with a coil shock to offset the larger bottom out bumper
so 65 air had postive results? Any negatives?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 23:29 Quote
I didn't find any downsides to running 65mm stroke

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 5:09 Quote
I ran a 65 mm stroke on my enduro. At full compression I was buzzing my seat. I went back to stock. To me there was no perceivable difference between 65 vs 60.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
Anyone on here in the UK who has switched to the Cascade link, are you interested in selling an S-Works carbon link?

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
nd54 wrote:
I have a 2022 s-works enduro frameset on order. Hoping specialized corrected this headset issue. I guess time will tell.

How? Specialized told me I can’t order a frame right now.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
jwdenver wrote:
nd54 wrote:
I have a 2022 s-works enduro frameset on order. Hoping specialized corrected this headset issue. I guess time will tell.

wierd. My 2022 should be here next month

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
jwdenver wrote:
nd54 wrote:

maybe they are stopping the orders because a new model is coming...that's usually what happens...I would very much like an Enduro as my next bike, but no way I would buy one currently when they seem to have so many issues!?...its not like it is a cheap frame as well.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 16:17 Quote
Specialized usually sticks to the 3 year cycle so I don't think we'll see a new Enduro until the 2023 model year

Most companies aren't accepting new backorders on popular bikes right now, so the best way to get one "on order" is to find a shop that already has one backordered/allocated to them and put some money down on it so it doesn't go into their inventory

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
Specialized usually sticks to the 3 year cycle so I don't think we'll see a new Enduro until the 2023 model year

Most companies aren't accepting new backorders on popular bikes right now, so the best way to get one "on order" is to find a shop that already has one backordered/allocated to them and put some money down on it so it doesn't go into their inventory
not sure you could lock down a 3 year cycle. It comes in waves. Like between 2016 and 2019 they updated the Enduro each year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011672
Mobile Version of Website