Full Faced Mtn Helmets

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Full Faced Mtn Helmets
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
Looking for a FF Mtn Helmet for intermediate/advanced rider liking the air. Recommendations?

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
i run a proframe, light and very airy

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Leatt DBX 3.0 ! Leatt has the best protection on the market and this helmet is very comfortable and very well priced.
https://www.jensonusa.com/Leatt-DBX-30-DH-Helmet-2019
I wouldnt recommend the proframe as they shatter when you crash. (happened to multiple of my friends)

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
yikes for real? were your mates alright? did the helmet do its job?

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
traqs wrote:
yikes for real? were your mates alright? did the helmet do its job?

Ya my friends are ok! I will admit the proframe did it’s job but the problem is it shattered on the first hit so if he would have tumbled and hit again it wouldn’t have worked the second hit. Also seeing a helmet shatter on a decent but not huge crash doesn't really instill confidence for that helmet. For DH riding and jumps it’s best to go with a real DH helmet

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
gotcha, may have to change then next summer!

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
Bell Super DH MIPS Limited Edition Helmet?

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
rockchomper wrote:
Leatt DBX 3.0 ! Leatt has the best protection on the market and this helmet is very comfortable and very well priced.
https://www.jensonusa.com/Leatt-DBX-30-DH-Helmet-2019
I wouldnt recommend the proframe as they shatter when you crash. (happened to multiple of my friends)

Shattering (if planned) is safer than not shattering because material is taking the impact instead of your head.
Simmilar stuff you can see in auto industry, modern cars will shatter way before than old cars - but the passanger cabine is much safer because of that.
Analogy - try to hit ground with metal pot on your head - it will not shatter for sure. Cannot guarantee same for the head Big Grin

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 16:33 Quote
Do you need a heavy duty downhill helmet or a lighter enduro ish helmet. I would recommend the new TLD stage for a light duty one

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
traqs wrote:
i run a proframe, light and very airy

Same. There's been a lot of anecdotal evidence of them breaking under impact but I still feel like the jury is out. Like has been said, breaking isn't necessarily a bad thing. I also think people may be using some of these lightweight DH helmets for full DH riding and expecting the exact same level of performance which might not be realistic. You are sacrificing some safety for weight-savings with these kinds of lightweight helmets.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
Thanks for the posts dudes....I think I'll check out the DBX 3.0 and look into it a bit more. We aren't doing the big doubles and triples so I don't think a DH rated helmet is needed. Seems that there are alot of choices out there so thanks for the feedback.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
I run a Bell Super DH. Chin off for trail, chin on for park. Works great for me and I love the FidLock chin strap. My only gripe is that the pads in the crown fall apart quickly.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
My giro switchblade works great

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 19:35 Quote
I also have the Bell and I also love it. Chin guard off when riding up the hill, put it back on to ride down. It's great and feels very safe. Not cheap though Frown

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007916
Mobile Version of Website