Riding pants for winter

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Riding pants for winter
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 20:55 Quote
Hi Yall
Any recommendations for winter riding pants that don't cost a days paycheck? I looked at Fox and Gore but there isn't much selection and they are almost $200. I want something that my knee pads will fit under, somewhat wind and water resistant but does not necessarily need to be waterproof. I'm ok with getting a little wet. And not tights. I wear tights for yoga and running but would rather have something less skin tight for riding. I have considered hiking pants to Carhartts and am also open to boys pants.
Thanks for recommendations

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 at 1:39 Quote
Male here but saw this on the sidebar

I use Nike running pants (thermal and water resistant)in the winter and can easily fit Scott grenades under them

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
Search north face womens venture 2.

Seem to be around the $45-$55 usd range.

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
some stretch jeans work for me, most jeans have a very small layer of waterproofing, but they work. My pads go under my kneepads too. I have tried some of the rain pants, that are fully waterproof, they were way too hot. jeans for me

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
Norrona Falketind Flex1 Softshell Pant -Womens
I bought these on sale thinking I would use them as a shell for front country skiing. But have been using them during the "shoulder season"=lots of mud, snow etc. And they are awesome. I never thought I would ride in pants but these breath well, are wind resistant, are stretchy and I don't feel the cold/wet from mud. Super durable fabric as well. And, plenty of pockets.
I wear my g-form knee pads under them. They have snap closures at the ankles-so they don't get caught in the chain, on branches etc.
I have also bought the Norrona long shorts for women, they cover the knees, but don't get in the way of knee pads and stretch well & are durable.
you have to be diligent about searching for them on sale, have found them at $100 on a couple of sites, still pricey but I've used them for biking, nordic skiing and front country skiing, and plan to use them for Spring riding conditions...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011709
Mobile Version of Website