Leatt helmets

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
Anyone use the Leatt DBX 3.0 enduro or DBX 4.0 helmet? Looking for a helmet for park days shuttle/Uber trail days. Wondering if the 4.0 is too heavy or too hot. Or if the 3.0 is too lightweight for park days.

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
I have the 4.0. Its a bit heavier than my proframe but the ventilation is decent

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
The DBX 3.0 is too light for for park. It's just a regular trail helmet with a chin bar. I really like the AM version (doesn't come with the chin bar) for normal trail riding but I bought a TLD D3 for riding DH. The summers are 90°F+ here and the D3 is fine riding downhill.

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
I have the 3.0 endruo, great helmet & one of my all time faves!
Great ventelation, light, comfy fit, 360turbines for added procetion in a crash.
But for park duties I worry it's a bit undergunned due to the removable jaw?
I'd go the 2020 seasons 4.0 personally, light but not too light, great airflow, fidlock catch, still has the turbines, but loses a bit for me by not having a dial fit for sizing. Otherwise an excellent helmet.

Mind you if light + amazeballs ventalation + strong is the go also worth checking out is the new IXS Trigger Fullface.
Used one in August in Morzine/Chatel in 30+deg and had no issues with getting too hot from it.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
I’m torn between the Tld Stage , IXS Trigger, and Leatt DBX 4.0. Didn’t like the removable chin bar of the 3.0. Anyone use the TLD or IXS?

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
Ride with guys with both. The ixs is crazy light and the stage is pretty similar to the proframe. The leatt feels way burlier to me

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
I have the 3.0 all mountain. May be similar to the chin bar model, not sure. I got it for half off a year ago directly from Leatt. Keep an eye out for their Q4 deals.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
Ive got the Leatt 4.0 and I bought if primarily as a park helmet so I don't mind the extra weight, and ventilation is great. I do use it for pedal powered aggressive rides and it has never felt too hot to pedal in. I'm really happy with it.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
I own and ride with both helmets - DBX3.0 for the most trails (chin piece left home) and the DBX4.0 for park and Alp techy descent stuff. Ridden with the chin piece but it just feels too thin and flimsy. On slow and techy stuff i'd say I trust it but not when bombing trails.

It's the best fit of all the big brand lids i've owned or tried out. Both models are superb when it comes to vents and a nice touch to the DBX4.0 is that you can remove the grid piece on the front so it helps you to breath under long climbs.
Only small neg about the 4.0 is the the non-adjustable visor.

I'll stick with Leatt for the future but the next trail/enduro lid is gonna be without the chin piece.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
I've owned a 3.0 Enduro and it was one of the best fitting helmets I've used. For my local trails the chin bar was sufficient enough but I wouldn't use it for downhill again (hence why I'm using past tense, although I would have got a concussion anyways even with a full downhill rated helmet). Replaced it with a Fox Proframe after busting it as I found I almost always used the chinbar so I just decided to get a full downhill rated lid for extra security. When I was getting my new helmet I was debating between the Proframe (that I ended up with) and the DBX 4.0. From reviews I've read the 4.0 is hotter than the Proframe, and as this was going to be a full time helmet for me I really needed as much venting as I could get.

May eventually get the 3.0 Trail (without the chinbar) for local rides where a full face is overkill

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005060
Mobile Version of Website