Full Suspension vs. Hardtail vs. Rigid (read first post)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Full Suspension vs. Hardtail vs. Rigid (read first post)
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Yeah the clunk doesn't feel good haha This one is sweet so far. The chainstays are thinner and shaped like a horizontal oval to have some give and its 2 degrees slacker than my fully so it rips. Decent price too.

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Yeah the clunk doesn't feel good haha This one is sweet so far. The chainstays are thinner and shaped like a horizontal oval to have some give and its 2 degrees slacker than my fully so it rips. Decent price too.
Are they available in the Us? Also, I love how slack the headtube is!

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 2:53 Quote
You should check out the chromag hardtails.. steel so have good ride feel and they have lots of models for different travel wheel size etc
JacobyDH wrote:
GravityCandy wrote:
Yeah it does. My hardtail is arguably more fun though since it lets you ride all the same trails you would on full sus just slower. If you find the front of the hardtail feels too low you can raise the bars too. My hardtails bars are slightly higher than on my fully to make up for the fork compressing.

This is the bike

photo

Yeah, I like how aggressive that one is! That’s the kind of HT that would be good for me. The HT’s that I’ve been riding are just Chameleons, Rockhoppers, and a Raleigh, and they are all XC based (with the exception of the chameleon). Here in Marin, most riding is XC, so there’s no need for a super aggressive HT, and so bike shops here don’t sell them, but there are tons of exceptions in trails, so an aggressive HT would be amazing, especially to train on. The Chameleon was originally designed to be a freeride HT, but then shifted towards XC, and enduro over the years. For me, especially on the carbon ones, the back feels so stiff, I can barley stand riding them. I’ll land a jump nose heavy, and expect the forgiveness of a FS, and then feel a giant clunk...

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 4:31 Quote
yeah, its funny you say that, because you're the second person to recommend a chromag, and third to recommend a steel bike!
mopj12 wrote:
You should check out the chromag hardtails.. steel so have good ride feel and they have lots of models for different travel wheel size etc
JacobyDH wrote:
GravityCandy wrote:
Yeah it does. My hardtail is arguably more fun though since it lets you ride all the same trails you would on full sus just slower. If you find the front of the hardtail feels too low you can raise the bars too. My hardtails bars are slightly higher than on my fully to make up for the fork compressing.

This is the bike

photo

Yeah, I like how aggressive that one is! That’s the kind of HT that would be good for me. The HT’s that I’ve been riding are just Chameleons, Rockhoppers, and a Raleigh, and they are all XC based (with the exception of the chameleon). Here in Marin, most riding is XC, so there’s no need for a super aggressive HT, and so bike shops here don’t sell them, but there are tons of exceptions in trails, so an aggressive HT would be amazing, especially to train on. The Chameleon was originally designed to be a freeride HT, but then shifted towards XC, and enduro over the years. For me, especially on the carbon ones, the back feels so stiff, I can barley stand riding them. I’ll land a jump nose heavy, and expect the forgiveness of a FS, and then feel a giant clunk...

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 4:46 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
yeah, its funny you say that, because you're the second person to recommend a chromag, and third to recommend a steel bike!
mopj12 wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:

Steel for sure, so much nicer to ride than alloy. You get retro skinny straight tube kudos wherever you go too.

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
okay, I'm convinced, I will look into it!
fielonator wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:
mopj12 wrote:

Steel for sure, so much nicer to ride than alloy. You get retro skinny straight tube kudos wherever you go too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015740
Mobile Version of Website