Shortening Contact SL Dropper

PB Forum :: Giant
Shortening Contact SL Dropper
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
Just got a 2017 Trance Advance 2 love the bike but the previous owner swapped out the dropper from the stock 125mm to a 150mm. Which is too tall for me. Is there a way to modify the travel to shorten or stop it so it doesn’t go all way up?

I have the stock 1x remote, which has a decent amount of cable at the lever. Will shortening the cable shorten the travel for the dropper?

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 3:39 Quote
MPasqualoni wrote:
Just got a 2017 Trance Advance 2 love the bike but the previous owner swapped out the dropper from the stock 125mm to a 150mm. Which is too tall for me. Is there a way to modify the travel to shorten or stop it so it doesn’t go all way up?

I have the stock 1x remote, which has a decent amount of cable at the lever. Will shortening the cable shorten the travel for the dropper?
Nope, you cannot shorten Giant dropper, you can only try to insert it more into seat tube - with Giant frame design, you will go max. to the "knee" in seattube. Cable doesn't have anything to do with dropper travel.
If inserting more is not working, just buy 125mm and sell 150, you will have no problem selling it, dropper 150 and more are quite popular today.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for a shorter one then. As the 150 is all the way inserted but still eaves about 40mm Of post sticking out

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004449
Mobile Version of Website