Verified scammer

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Verified scammer
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
Help!
I sold a frame to another user through the buysell, I was paid through paypal, not by him but another name(with email details).
I sent the frame to the address he specified which he told me had arrived.
The address i sent it to was a forwarding company that was shipping to him in asia.
The buyer messaged me to say the frame box was too large and would cost him a fortune to ship and could he send it back to me to strip down the linkage and repack it.
I said I would as it wouldn’t take me long and have plenty of packaging materials at work.
1 month later and the frame hasn't come back to me!
I messaged him to ask where it was and could i have a tracking number but as i was doing this I noticed he had been put down as a verified scammer!
Ive had his money sat in paypal for over a month ( i never withdraw until the buyer is happy) just in case he wanted a refund.
Where to go from here?
Talk to paypal? Talk to Pinkbike? Withdraw the money?
Any replies would be helpful

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
As I understand it:

You were paid for the frame
You sent the frame to the address provided
The buyer now wants to return it for you to repack
The frame has not arrived back with you.

As long as you have the outbound shipping with receipt confirmed then there is proof that the buyer or their agent has it. The return shipping to you is their responsibility and if it has been lost then it should be covered by the insurance for that carrier (assuming it was purchased with insurance). The sender should have proof of dispatch and if tracked, wherever it was delivered to. This return is not your problem although I can understand why you are concerned.

In the unlikely event that the original buyer does file a claim through PayPal, as long as you have proof of delivery, you should be okay. PayPal often favour the buyer which is why scams are sometimes so frustrating to honest people.

At the moment there is not a lot you can do or is worth doing unless the person who paid for the frame goes through PayPal to lodge a claim. It is not really satisfactory but I would probably let sleeping dog lie and wait. Anything else risks you losing both the frame and the money.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 4:14 Quote
He doesn’t have proof of delivery though as it was a forwarding company.

This is exactly what happened to me by a scammer called 6666psbro

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
Yep same user name. F***ER!
I do actually have proof of delivery. It was signed for at the arranged address.
Hopefully the scammed paypal user will be covered by their credit card.
In the middle of the dispute at the moment.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 5:55 Quote
Can i ask have you resolved anything?

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
I had proof of delivery of the address but because it wasn’t on the PayPal account, he arranged it through here, I lost my dispute as they only cover if you send to the PayPal address.

Left me completely bikeless and with no funds. Insurance won’t cover deception either!

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
I had proof of delivery of the address but because it wasn’t on the PayPal account, he arranged it through here, I lost my dispute as they only cover if you send to the PayPal address.

Left me completely bikeless and with no funds. Insurance won’t cover deception either!

Chargeback thru your bank.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
I was the seller. He paid me. Then claimed it back.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
What happened in the end

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 21:51 Quote
Opened a dispute and lost! The buyers credit card wouldnt cover them. had to repay seller fees, chargeback fees and the cost of the part!
£750 down.
I should have known better and will never post out to an address that isnt on the paypal account.
Fu**ing scammer c**nts.

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
f*cker got me good and proper.

Even though the bike was signed for it was a shipping company. PayPal couldn’t care less.

I always just assumed (stupidly) that you were covered if you used goods and services.

I literally sent PayPal every email with him admitting fraud and they didn’t care.

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Did he give you this address by chance -

FirstName:fengtong HKNWZAXA
Address:
4PX Transrush Unit 5 Trident way
City: Southall
State: Greater London
ZipCode:UB2 5LF
Tel:
(+44)020 8127 8528

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
Yep that’s the one!

I actually did get an address in china where it was shipped to from the forwarding company but I obviously can't do anything about it.

Im not a malicious person but id pay £750 to take it out on his arms and legs!

I missed out by 24 hours as I posted out then pinkbike put him as a verified scammer the day after!

24 fu**ing hours!

Im closing my Paypal account down as they are just as bad as the scammers.
They couldn’t care less about it, even with all the evidence, emails, delivery details, signed delivery note etc

Ive learnt from this ordeal and should have seen the signs,different address, shit profile, look at the surname! Thats just keyboard bashing! Hxnsjekskdjd !

My advice is to never post out to a non Paypal addres and if the buyer wants it to be a new/different address then it can be added to their paypal account.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 2:54 Quote
Exactly. My mistake was thinking you were covered as long as you didn’t use friends and family (gift)

If possible I’d like that address as I’m trying to follow this up. I have quite a few friends in Thailand and you never know.

PayPal just washed their hands of me. I couldn’t have provided more evidence if I tried.

I’ve lost complete faith in them now.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
If you don't post to the listed paypal address you have no protection.
That's the rule and if you had followed it you wouldn't have gotten ripped off.

Not paypals fault.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012974
Mobile Version of Website