sr suntour triair 3cr & durolux opinions

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
sr suntour triair 3cr & durolux opinions
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Hi, anyone running a set or one of the sr suntour products? i'm in the search and look quite promising and interested if anyone have tried them

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
Hi, anyone running a set or one of the sr suntour products? i'm in the search and look quite promising and interested if anyone have tried them

I had the Tri-Air and Durolux mounted to my RM Altitude. the Durolux is a great fork, a little heavy nut a real coil-like feel. supersensitive and supple. ill probably get one again soon. the Tri-Air was the same way. super plush and sensitive off the top with a nice ramp, however part of the psiton seal gave out and snapped. ill try to upload a picture. but suntour warrantied it nice and easy. waiting to throw it back onto my new bike

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
I had the Tri-Air and Durolux mounted to my RM Altitude. the Durolux is a great fork, a little heavy nut a real coil-like feel. supersensitive and supple. ill probably get one again soon. the Tri-Air was the same way. super plush and sensitive off the top with a nice ramp, however part of the psiton seal gave out and snapped. ill try to upload a picture. but suntour warrantied it nice and easy. waiting to throw it back onto my new bike[/Quote]

on what bike did you run them? good to know about having support at least!

is the durolux comparable to pike ? did you run the r2c2?

triair vs monarch plus or fox float dpx

I'm trying to get an idea how it compares, mostly with something I've tried and know from experience

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
I had the Tri-Air and Durolux mounted to my RM Altitude. the Durolux is a great fork, a little heavy nut a real coil-like feel. supersensitive and supple. ill probably get one again soon. the Tri-Air was the same way. super plush and sensitive off the top with a nice ramp, however part of the psiton seal gave out and snapped. ill try to upload a picture. but suntour warrantied it nice and easy. waiting to throw it back onto my new bike

on what bike did you run them? good to know about having support at least!

is the durolux comparable to pike ? did you run the r2c2?

triair vs monarch plus or fox float dpx

I'm trying to get an idea how it compares, mostly with something I've tried and know from experience[/Quote]

I ran them on a 2018 Large Rocky Mountain Altitude

Id put the Durolux closer to a Lyrik or Marzocchi Z1. although it doesnt perform like the lyrik i still prefer its support and way of handling. (more freeride-ish) RC2 model durolux

Monarch dpx2 Tri-Air. the tri-air was simply more smooth. and sensitive. the only reason it blew up was because I was using it for something it shouldnt be used for

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
sorry you stated it's a RM altitude on your fisrt respond, thanks for the insight, basically are quite cheat but seems to perform great as from what I found on the net

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
HI,
my 2021 durolux is ordered. Negative spring is now an air spring. It looks good.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004812
Mobile Version of Website