Difference between the Sram X1 type 2.1 11 speed and Sram GX derraileur?

PB Forum :: SRAM
Difference between the Sram X1 type 2.1 11 speed and Sram GX derraileur?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 5:34 Quote
Hi

I currently own a specialized enduro elite 2015 and after 3/4 years the derraileur has finally packed in. Its an x1 type 2.1 11 speed. Checking online this os still available but at around £150 minimum.. i have noticed stam also do the gx 11 speed at around £80. Im just wondering on the compatibility, the differences.. has any one got any info on these 2 derailleurs they look almost identical to me..

Cheers
Dini2k

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
Hi

I currently own a specialized enduro elite 2015 and after 3/4 years the derraileur has finally packed in. Its an x1 type 2.1 11 speed. Checking online this os still available but at around £150 minimum.. i have noticed stam also do the gx 11 speed at around £80. Im just wondering on the compatibility, the differences.. has any one got any info on these 2 derailleurs they look almost identical to me..

Cheers
Dini2k
You can buy GX 11 speed, its using the same 2.1 roller bearing clutch, it will work the same as X1.
GX is positioned lower than X1 group (lighter materials), hence the price difference. Riders often experience the same stuff - after some years when parts fail, you replace them with lower groups, they usually work as good as higher ones, just a little heavier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004391
Mobile Version of Website