The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 6:29 Quote
Does this still count as a dh bike if it has 9" of travel in the rear? I love this thing so much.. AM / mini DH that I use when the trail isn't quite rough enough to pull out the v10 but can still ride up to the top. . Very efficient but bombs like a champion.

Yes that's a dropper, a 32nw chainring and a 42/11 cassette.

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
Changed the frame to a M9 ... was not satisfied with the 951

Intense M9 Dorado Pro Fox DHX RC2 400er Stahlfeder Hope Pro 2 EVO 40T Flow EX 26 Sapim CX Ray Tubeless Noch Avid Code R Hope V4 in 2 Wochen Truvativ Descendant Kurbel Truvativ 36T Kettenblatt Straitline Kettenf hrung RaceFace Sixc Lenker X0 9fach auf 5fach Thomson Elite mit SDG Ti Fly Ergon GE1 EVO Griffe Thomson Elite directmount Magic Mary SuperGravity 16 5Kg

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 7:27 Quote
Buehue wrote:

Intense M9 Dorado Pro Fox DHX RC2 400er Stahlfeder Hope Pro 2 EVO 40T Flow EX 26 Sapim CX Ray Tubeless Noch Avid Code R Hope V4 in 2 Wochen Truvativ Descendant Kurbel Truvativ 36T Kettenblatt Straitline Kettenf hrung RaceFace Sixc Lenker X0 9fach auf 5fach Thomson Elite mit SDG Ti Fly Ergon GE1 EVO Griffe Thomson Elite directmount Magic Mary SuperGravity 16 5Kg

And now are you satisfied Smile

My friend had a 951 new from the box 2 days later he broke the frame in two.

Nice M9

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 7:31 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
cthorpe wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

ATA to 160mm apparently so i can go full enduro

Should mention, i do now have a chainguide on the bike
I ran an ata for 4 years. Loved that fork. I was one of the lucky ones that was able to keep it running properly and i must say it was by far the must supple and adjustable fork ive ever tried. Nothing even today comes close to how buttery smooth and sensative that fork felt.
This is the first pair of 888's I've properly tried, had boxxers, FIT 40's, back to boxxers, then 40's again (old RC2) and now these (all on different bikes though) and have to save I really like them, they squeak a little bit but they are nice and plush. I have Marzocchi on both my bikes now and feel as though I'm a convert from fox, I'd only really change to pikes instead of the 350's on the Meta.

How often did you adjust the ATA? Is it really worth adjusting? I know it's to hand but what will adjusting the travel do apart from steepen the head angle surely?
I always fine tuned the air and negative air for where i was riding. Never really played with the travel adjust too much. Was always riding dh so full 200mm was best.

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 8:55 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
cthorpe wrote:

I ran an ata for 4 years. Loved that fork. I was one of the lucky ones that was able to keep it running properly and i must say it was by far the must supple and adjustable fork ive ever tried. Nothing even today comes close to how buttery smooth and sensative that fork felt.
This is the first pair of 888's I've properly tried, had boxxers, FIT 40's, back to boxxers, then 40's again (old RC2) and now these (all on different bikes though) and have to save I really like them, they squeak a little bit but they are nice and plush. I have Marzocchi on both my bikes now and feel as though I'm a convert from fox, I'd only really change to pikes instead of the 350's on the Meta.

How often did you adjust the ATA? Is it really worth adjusting? I know it's to hand but what will adjusting the travel do apart from steepen the head angle surely?
I always fine tuned the air and negative air for where i was riding. Never really played with the travel adjust too much. Was always riding dh so full 200mm was best.

How do you remove the dial on the top? just pull? i can't adjust the pressure on the bottom as the valve bit is missing.

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
the69bike69 wrote:

Nicely done

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
cthorpe wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

How do you remove the dial on the top? just pull? i can't adjust the pressure on the bottom as the valve bit is missing.
Yes just pull straight up. There is a rubber o-ring that holds it in place. As for the lower is it missing likevit broke off or it doesnt have one? It may have been certain models that had the negative air and not all ata's

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
cthorpe wrote:

Yes just pull straight up. There is a rubber o-ring that holds it in place. As for the lower is it missing likevit broke off or it doesnt have one? It may have been certain models that had the negative air and not all ata's
Ok thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow. They just seem to have a really thin bit, I'll get a picture tomorrow, I think there used to be a dial there unless I'm looking at the wrong side as there's another red dial on the bottom. (Dumb questions but as I say I'm more used to fox and Rockshox Razz )

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 15:58 Quote
Snowshoe pic

Here's my Glory. I'm still gonna get new cranks and then it's on to saving for a new bike.

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 5:38 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
cthorpe wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Ok thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow. They just seem to have a really thin bit, I'll get a picture tomorrow, I think there used to be a dial there unless I'm looking at the wrong side as there's another red dial on the bottom. (Dumb questions but as I say I'm more used to fox and Rockshox Razz )

Turns out there is an air valve on the bottom too, i'l have a bit play with that at some point if i can find air volumes etc

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 9:53 Quote
My Demo Carbon 1 after a fresh paint job, wheel build, and Stealth Fox Decals

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
cthorpe wrote:

Turns out there is an air valve on the bottom too, i'l have a bit play with that at some point if i can find air volumes etc
marzocchi website has all the air pressure ranges. Be sure to use only a shock pump(high pressure low volume). Not a tire pump ir compressor to adjust your fork. It will blow

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 10:43 Quote
BTKMADDOG wrote:
Buehue wrote:

And now are you satisfied Smile

My friend had a 951 new from the box 2 days later he broke the frame in two.

Nice M9
My 951 lasted 3years 8months. Then both chain stays snapped. I upgraded to the M9 through warranty and havent looked back. M9 feels so much more refined. Pedals a lot better too.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030193
Mobile Version of Website